Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2297363 times
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #69: May 28, 2009 12:50:05 pm
      Manchester United's shocking inferiority exposed in Eternal City
      The final parp of the whistle put Manchester United out of their misery last night, and how often do we write that of the side led by the most insanely driven pensioner in sport — a man still biting off a journalist’s head for asking a perfectly fair question about his future plans?

Not in European Cup finals, where United’s is a glorious history of extra-time heroics, incredible climaxes and late-night dramas playing havoc with television schedules.

As the red ribbons of United were untied from the European Cup last night, the lack of fuss, the lack of fight, made this a shocking performance in the Stadio Olimpico, if not a surprising result.

United looked resigned to that losing feeling long before Lionel Messi thrust in the dagger in the 70th minute. There was no wail of despair, no river of tears at the end, and no wonder. The revelation that it was all over brought merciful release.

There is no shame for any team in failing to do enough against a Barcelona side who, in recovering from a terribly shaky start, added nerve and resilience to their more breathtaking qualities. But United fell so short as to be outclassed. So short that it will be a torment for players such as Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo, not only to lose but to be made to feel so inferior.

As he searched for an explanation, Sir Alex Ferguson could not manage any better than to bemoan a terrible first goal to concede (no argument there) and Barcelona’s unwillingness to give the ball back thereafter. The inquest will not stop there after a night when United lacked the tenaciousness and the defiant spirit we normally associate with Ferguson’s teams.

The absence of the suspended Darren Fletcher, leaving United with a midfield lacking a tackler, cannot have helped, but this was, surely, also a matter of tactics. United appeared to spend much of the night chopping and changing, chasing a magic formula. This was an occasion when those selections that some of us find infuriating — notably Rooney glued to the flank — were brought back into the debating chamber.

In his previous two European Cup finals, Ryan Giggs had played right wing and substitute. Last night a man once famed for flying down the left flank began as second striker and then ended up in central midfield. He did not look happy in any position.

Park Ji Sung and Rooney switched flanks in search of a foothold in the game, but still the ball would not come. Rooney may be an impressively selfless individual, but it was worth asking whether this really was the best use of a player who has been so impressively restored to classic No 10 playmaking status by Fabio Capello in the white of England?

Ronaldo began superbly, firing in free kicks and shots, but was reduced to ill-tempered frustration and a niggly battle with Carles Puyol by the end. Victory may have come on points rather than knockdown in Messi’s duel with Ronaldo for best-player-in-the-world status but, nevertheless, it was a convincing win.

Rio Ferdinand did not look fully fit, least of all as he was a bystander for Messi’s goal, while Michael Carrick was all too anonymous as the wonderful Xavi Hernández and Andrés Iniesta zipped the ball around him.

United had been built to stifle Barcelona, but that was dead from the moment that Iniesta was waved past, with a troubling lack of concern, by Anderson and Carrick, and Samuel Eto’o dropped a shoulder to trick Nemanja Vidic. Suddenly United needed a plan B. They must have mislaid it in transit.

There have been European Cup finals when the stakes have seemed almost irrationally high given the fag-paper thinness of the margins. Ask the vanquished Bayern Munich players of 1999. Ask John Terry. But this was one of the most one-sided finals in memory once Eto’o had run off in that bizarre celebration, whacking his upturned forearm like a nurse trying to get a vein to stand up so she could insert a needle.

United will feel bad enough without us blaming them for failing to make this the spectacle it might have been — but Barcelona won without needing to be near their best. Thierry Henry showed some of the elusiveness of old, Xavi and Iniesta played keep-ball, Messi showed superb footwork and headed a goal that almost mocked his stature, but they must have been surprised at United’s failure to launch a second-half charge even as Ferguson threw on substitutes.

On came Carlos Tévez at half-time, followed by Dimitar Berbatov and Paul Scholes, but this felt like a night when no combination of United’s vast resources was going to prove effective.

It is the first European Cup final they have lost and, boy, had they been value for money in the previous three. Extra time, and the genius of George Best, in 1968, the sensational scenes of the Nou Camp ten years ago and then last year’s victory over Chelsea on penalties.

But last night was an occasion they will not want to dwell upon, when they found out why no team in the modern era has managed to defend the Champions League. They can console themselves — or at least try — that they were beaten by a superb side. They can say they are champions of England and, officially, the world.

But that latter title is in name only, and not for much longer. Last night Barcelona ended any argument about the greatest side on the planet — the shock for United, for all of us, was that they did it so convincingly.

I thought I heard Andy Gray saying something about the Istanbul when the scum were down 2-0. I was laughing to myself! You got to be kidding me, Andy! They got no captain last night. I saw one manure guy wearing the captain's armband but he's no captain. He couldn't got the scum to play at all. Unlike our captain marvelous! When we were down 3-0 and hope were all but faded, Stevie gave us something to cling on and we bravely put a fight and won it in Istanbul. But the scum, after 10 minutes of attacking, suddenly fades away giving Barca too much room to roam and outclass the manure midfield area. We did get our tactic wrong at the first half but we came on fighting in the second half and got what we deserved. Manure on the other hand, got their tactic wrong and still continue to play like crap!

At the end of the day, the best team wins. The most 'anticipated' game of all proved to be wrong. It was Barca's game all along after 10 minutes. Manure didn't show them who's the boss like we did in Nou Camp. They were so much inferior than the pint sized Messi. He didn't need the world best award to be the best and he showed manure scum how good he was!

Weep on Manure because there will be no final for you again!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #70: May 28, 2009 01:00:31 pm
      And they say we're the bitter ones?

Despondent United fans head home

Among the fans arriving at the airport at 0330 BST was Steve, from Manchester, who had been up since 0445 BST on Tuesday.

But despite his fatigue - and the prospect of going to work on Thursday - he remained philosophical about his team's season.

He told the BBC: "I'm a bit down, but we stopped the Scousers winning the league and that was my main priority."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8071143.stm#

Someone go tell the idiot no need to strangle himself with his useless scarf and it's not worth dying for. Ah .....................ha ......................ha ........................ ha ........................ ...... ha.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #71: May 28, 2009 01:02:37 pm
      Please...don't bother to come back at all...at least Liverpool came home in 2005 with a cup...
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #72: May 28, 2009 01:14:21 pm
      Amusing how the Mancs think. Before the match the hype is all about Ronaldo proving why he was the world's best,not a word about that Fletcher.

Once they lost the game,Fletcher becomes the key player that they missed!!

F**k of your Mancs.;)

Govinox, what do you expect? Sore loosers always find an excuse, what is it this time for the scums? Is it the pitch, the ref, the post, the weather, the press, the lights, the tactics, the dug out seats, the coach, the hotel and now Fletcher. Fu****g scums can always find excuses for a defeat. This team is doomed, let me tell you. Just watch.
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2009 02:35:31 pm by Bpatel »
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #73: May 28, 2009 01:17:41 pm
      Mirror.co.uk has this got to say  ..... 

Barcelona did not just outplay Sir Alex Ferguson's side. They humiliated them. They embarrassed them.

Oh, how sweetly said. Hmmmm........ yummy.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #74: May 28, 2009 01:29:21 pm
      Macca 8, thanks for the photo, has been searching for it for a while .... a humble Messi telling the scums I don't need by boots to score, I can outfox your 6 footer defenders. Congrats Barca. Evra  ..   oh no  you've really came up against men tonight. Happiest day for a long time. Hmmmm..... so sweet.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #75: May 28, 2009 01:32:15 pm
      ^^That's from the scums website itself...you guys don't even worth one of my boots!
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #76: May 28, 2009 01:45:20 pm
      For Sale: 50000 Champions League winners 2009 shirts, 1p each, never been used!

Available to buy at: www.overconfidentbastards-mufc.co.uk

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #77: May 28, 2009 01:54:28 pm
      Work has been so sweet today , few man u fans have even pulled sickys as they are to embarassed and know what they are in for
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #78: May 28, 2009 02:03:34 pm
      They can big Barcelona up all they want but United were sh*te tonight.  They get away with it in the Premier League because most managers are shithouses and scared of Ferguson.

Rafa's got his card marked now.  They couldn't beat Barca and they couldn't beat us.

We should have got that soft arse draw from the quarters that United got so we could have had a proper European Cup Final between two exciting attacking sides.
      Dead right mate, we all know they're not what they are made out to be, most teams are beaten before they got on the pitch. They were shown up for what they are last night.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #79: May 28, 2009 02:51:28 pm
      Fergies going bonkers
      he's out of his F***ing tree
      it might be 18 all in the league
      but in europe it's still 5-3
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #80: May 28, 2009 03:08:16 pm
      Fergie looked like he was going to blow   :laughing-smiley-014:
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #81: May 28, 2009 04:18:34 pm
      I got shouted at today by a scummer saying that all us scousers want is United to loose.

I had to explain to him the amount of messages i got at half time at both Istanbul and Athens.  Both our clubs hate when either one looses, its common knowledge.

But mainly, the reason why i am so happy is not because the mancs are STILL trying for a 4th (something we did 25 years ago) but Slur still hasnt equaled Sir Bobs record.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #82: May 28, 2009 04:33:32 pm
      This is quite funny.. :laugh:

Manc player, Evra seeking Pep Guardiola's refuge?!
      StevieJesus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 316 posts |
      • Liverpool Fc - One name. One legend
      Reply #83: May 28, 2009 04:35:29 pm
      This is quite funny.. :laugh:

Manc player, Evra seeking Pep Guardiola's refuge?!
      Look like he grabbed the wrong ball.... :)
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #84: May 28, 2009 05:15:03 pm
      This has been one of the best 24 hours of the season. Oh how those mancs who gave me sh*t when we lost to Chelsea have disappeared.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #85: May 28, 2009 05:50:39 pm
      Slur Alex has put his defeat to Barcelona in the Final down to missing 3 KEY men.

Howard Webb
      Steve Bennett
      & Mike Riley.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #86: May 28, 2009 06:08:29 pm
      Slur Alex has put his defeat to Barcelona in the Final down to missing 3 KEY men.

Howard Webb
      Steve Bennett
      & Mike Riley.

Quality stuff! :D
      mad red
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 177 posts | -5 
      Reply #87: May 28, 2009 06:42:18 pm
      Yes you can laugh at us Mancs all you like over the next few months but you know how this feels and last night was a heartbreak .

Never have I felt so down as when Eto scored that petty first goal .

Cant moan though because Barca are a brilliant team who deserve alot of credit for having the best midfield ever in football in my opinion.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #88: May 28, 2009 07:09:19 pm
      5 pages in less than a day. Keep laughing folks!

Hard luck mad red (snigger)
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #89: May 28, 2009 07:27:07 pm
      Dunno if this has been posted elsewhere.

Down by the Tiber,strange noises heard
      Ominous sounds of a Red Liverbird
      Those on the ground stood & listened
      Under its wings 5 trophies glistened
      Said the bird, "A friend of mine twice conquered Rome.
      Ever since then its been my 2nd home.
      The 1st time he came he arrived by tank,
      do you think I'd surrender it to some F***ing Manc?
      Looks like the devils are left in the lurch
      & guess what folks, Im still on my perch!"
      mad red
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 177 posts | -5 
      Reply #90: May 28, 2009 07:30:59 pm
      Dunno if this has been posted elsewhere.

Down by the Tiber,strange noises heard
      Ominous sounds of a Red Liverbird
      Those on the ground stood & listened
      Under its wings 5 trophies glistened
      Said the bird, "A friend of mine twice conquered Rome.
      Ever since then its been my 2nd home.
      The 1st time he came he arrived by tank,
      do you think I'd surrender it to some f**king Manc?
      Looks like the devils are left in the lurch
      & guess what folks, Im still on my perch!"

What a brilliant poet you are well done for that

I hold my hands up Im down at the moment but on reflection I think I can live with only winning the League , League cup , Club world championship , Charity Shield for one season .

Still doesnt take away the feeling the season has been ruined .

Enjoy your gloating though
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #91: May 28, 2009 07:31:17 pm
      Yes you can laugh at us Mancs all you like over the next few months but you know how this feels and last night was a heartbreak.

Thanks for sharing that MR - made my day.   :lmao:

Quick Reply