Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)

Read 105620 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Masch Dismisses Barca Move
      Reply #23: Jun 02, 2009 11:10:09 am
      I think his comments on the offal site have started the rumour. Bullshit anyway.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #24: Jun 02, 2009 03:40:20 pm
      Cool Masch! An important player at Anfield.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25: Jun 03, 2009 10:27:39 pm
      The Mirror was banging on about Mascher for Madrid with a swap for

HEINZE !

Yeh.
      Up yours Ferguson.

Gabriel Heinze couldnt come directly to us (even though Silvestre went to the Arse !!!) but I always suspected that the teams at footballs "top table" can make their own anti Manker arrangements.
      Keep Mascher but see what we can do for Heinze.

It would be Christmas for me to see Fergusons face.  Live for it!
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #26: Jun 06, 2009 10:20:49 am
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #27: Jun 06, 2009 11:57:50 am
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #28: Jun 06, 2009 01:06:52 pm
      Fantastic news :), and also Xabi staying too :D getting better
      Jimbo_Revolution
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Reply #29: Jun 06, 2009 05:49:38 pm
      Great news :D I was a little worried when I heard the news linking him with Barca to be honest.
      DMS
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #30: Jun 09, 2009 10:22:31 am
      Barcelona could land Mascherano, says Agent
      Tuesday, June 9th, 2009

mascheranoJavier Mascherano would love to play for Barcelona, and if the Catalan club really wanted to sign him then he would be able to move to the Nou Camp.

That is the news according to Mascherano’s agent, Walter Tamer, who was speaking to Barcelona’s local radio station.

In an open discussion, his agent said:

“If a club like Barcelona want to bring you into their ranks after having completed such a brilliant season and having won everything, obviously as a player, you are going to say, ‘Yes, I want to play there.’”

“It is an honour for Javier that a club like Barca pay such close attention to him, especially after the incredible season they had. I believe that a transfer would be feasible. If Barca really want him, he will sign for them.”

“He would have a very easy job at Barca.

“Sometimes we talk and joke that the only thing he has to do is run, rob the ball, and pass it on to all the superstars in front of him.”

“I have spoken with Txiki Begiristain (Barcelona director of football) before, but we have not been in contact for a while now.

“To have something concrete, we have to talk to Liverpool first to know what their options are for Javier to leave, and then talk to Barcelona to find out their level of interest.

“What if Xabi Alonso also leaves? Surely,Rafael Benitez would not want to have both his central midfielders go. It will be difficult, although Xabi’s future does not depend on Mascherano and vice-versa.

“The transaction would certainly happen, but the first to leave will have more options.”

The news will not make good reading for Rafa Benitez who will be unimpressed with talk of either of his central midfielders moving to Spain this summer.................. ........................ ................... from anfield on line 2 mins ago, say it ain't so masch
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #31: Jun 09, 2009 10:23:28 am
      “Sometimes we talk and joke that the only thing he has to do is run, rob the ball, and pass it on to all the superstars in front of him.”

Mascherano is a superstar himself.

Where have you got this from?
      DMS
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #32: Jun 09, 2009 10:29:46 am
      anfield on line newsletter, just landed in my in box 5 mins ago, just praying its a load of sh*te
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #33: Jun 09, 2009 10:44:01 am
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
      Reply #34: Jun 09, 2009 10:56:02 am
      What the F**k? ::)

Masch says a couple of weeks back that he doesn't want to go to Barca, that he's happy here. Now his agent comes out saying he'd love to sign for them.

I didn't appreciate this comment either:

Masch does the job asked of him, the job he does best on the field to help the team. Is he suggesting that at Barca Masch would be the playmaker or striker? :f_tongueincheek:
      DMS
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #35: Jun 09, 2009 11:16:05 am
      hope masch sticks to his word and stays at the greatest club in the world. :mad: as jc said "who's bigger than liverpool"
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #36: Jun 09, 2009 11:35:25 am
      I swear to F**k it gets harder and harder for me to hold on to any (little) sanity i have left. I wish that Rafa and or, whoever would put all this uncertainty to bed once and for all.

Yeah, i'm an impatient soul but when I read about Xabi & Masch leaving (time after time) on the one hand but players like Distin & Tuncay arriving on the other - then my, already fragile, nerves need settling - and soon.

:f_wah:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6940 
      Reply #37: Jun 09, 2009 11:46:28 am
      Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #38: Jun 09, 2009 12:00:30 pm
      the paper they're written on.

Bloody bog roll, nowadays. ::)

I'd say like I've been saying for Alonso, that if we were going to accept an offer, it should be enormously high to make replacing him easier. I find it difficult to keep repeating that for more and more of our starting XI, however.  :-\

The transfer clock is ticking, and the later we wait the harder it will be to find the right players at the right price, never mind looking for world-class replacements of our current squad.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #39: Jun 09, 2009 12:02:43 pm
      Sad state of affairs. I am absolutely flabbergasted, what is really going on?

Saw it on SSN.com and I am absolutely pissed. I am sure if we weren't in financial turmoil, such statements would not be uttered. Think about it, if we were signing the type of players we wanted, everyone would be glad to see a sense of improvement, noticing their team being strengthened. But we are bogged down by the two (I really can't describe them) and our players are getting disgruntled and seeking happiness elsewhere.

This is all they're fault (H&G), I hope this is just the agent talking of the top of his head at the  supposedly mouth watering prospects. Thinking about the commission he would get from a move, like this one. I truly hope so, otherwise I am knocked for 6 in this transfer window.

Clubs are going to try and raid us, proper. What will be our defence or their incentive in staying? That essentially will be there question, and if we can't afford to pay them sufficiently, they'll be seeing themselves as charity workers.

We need new ownership to settle everyone now! The players loyalties are being pushed to limit with the situation around them. If Champions League winners are knocking, one is going to be inclined to move if their personal financial status is horrid.

Masch needs to dismiss those comments and reaffirm us, he's with the Liverpool cause in bringing trophies next season. As it stands it seems more when he's going to get the offer and when he's going to sign. If he does, we all know why, surely we can say its not the money. I for one would not take any amounts of money, to see him leave.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #40: Jun 09, 2009 12:12:37 pm
      Barcelona have an inferiority complex and they think all they have to do is snap their fingers and he's theirs, who the sh*te do they think they are, they have one good season and two or three world class players, they are not the invincible team they think they are, Chelsea showed them you can play all the pretty football you like but unless you have a cutting edge, forget it. Chelsea just happened to come up against the whole of Uefa and a bum ref, otherwise Barcelona would not have made the Euro finals....

All of a sudden they think everyone is theirs and if this is done with Masha's help then get rid or we'll be another club held to ransom by one player. We are a big club to it's just we don't go shouting it out at every opportunity, we are Liverpool Fc and that should say it all. If we are not good enough for Mascherano then I will say it again, let him go. Mind you if he is true to his word he will come out and rubbish this thing done in his name, but we will see.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #41: Jun 09, 2009 12:24:48 pm
      Like I say, it might be just that I'm an impatient soul but this faffing about is doing my napper in.

If we need to buy players - buy them now. If we are going to sell players who don't want to play for us - sell them now. Fiddling about with £2m bids here and there (for squad players) whilst fending off speculation about our top players ain't good for morale. It can't be.

We need a big signing and soon. If, for nothing else, to show we mean business.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #42: Jun 09, 2009 12:30:36 pm
      £70Million+ and he's theirs.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #43: Jun 09, 2009 12:44:45 pm
      My man management technique (for any player):

Do you want to play for Liverpool F.C.? Answer: Yes. - "then sack your agent and employ a new one."... Or....

Do you want to play for Liverpool F.C.? Answer: No. - "then you're on the transfer market, from today, starting bids = X million pounds. If no team meets that you will stay on our books for the remainder of your contract, without kicking a ball. Next!"

johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #44: Jun 09, 2009 01:25:05 pm
      If its a toss up between Xabi and Masch then its no contest for me. As much as I love the little fella I think DLS has said he dosent give enough going forward. I think he makes up for that in defense but unlike Xabi I dont he is irreplaceable. How about moving Jamie there or Agger for that matter I think Agger could do his job defensively and score goals too.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #45: Jun 09, 2009 01:29:13 pm
      Bit harsh on Masch to suggest that Carra or Agger would step in and do his job. As I said to a mate its his agent saying all this. If we sniffed around Xavi for example his agent would say its an honour for Xavi to be linked to such a big club like Liverpool but it wouldn't mean he'd be joining us does it.

Agents are parasites. He's probably looking for a new contract for Masch so starts a story that Barce want him. Liverpool then say here's an extra 10 grand a week to stay!

Quick Reply