Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)

Read 105627 times
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,845 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Re: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
      Reply #598: Nov 15, 2009 06:11:14 pm
      He's under contract with us and he and his advisors should honour that contract and plainly tell other clubs that Mascherano isn't available until his contract runs out and then he can be put in the transfer window if he so desires ata price that Rafa names .Beats me why players who are onto a good thing want to break contracts and move clubs ! If i was manager he'd stay !
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #599: Nov 15, 2009 06:12:32 pm
      People are getting a tad carried away here, calm down folks...Masch's agents/representatives can agree what ever terms they want with Barcelona regarding wages, They still have to agree a fee with Rafa/Liverpool Football Club and that all comes down to "If we want to sell him", If not tough titty Mascherano/Barcelona.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #600: Nov 15, 2009 06:14:41 pm
      I still say, if they want him bad enough. £45 million minimum. Dare I say £50 million Deal within 10 working days or forget it. That way we can find suitable replacements from the premiership League.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #601: Nov 15, 2009 06:34:54 pm
      I think the club will snap Barc hand off for £36 million, not Rafa but the club, the most damning thing about this whole thing if it is true is we have not reported Barcelona for an illegal approach, surely it is illegal to approach the player before the terms are agreed with the club.

What i get from this is our owners don't want to in case they frighten away Barc, I've a funny feeling as well that the two c'nts are probably saying well how many jerseys does he sell anyway. If we recieve the fee suggested in will disappear exactly like the Xabi money.

This whole deal on the playing side of club would be a diaster for the club but I think that is the last thing the owners give a sh*t about, who next Torres, Gerrard or Reina because the number of world class players we have is definetly wittling down if he goes.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Re: Javier Mascherano Player thread
      Reply #602: Nov 15, 2009 07:05:40 pm
      i think its plain obvious he's off at the end of the season and a bit obvious he wants to go to.he's been poor this season and if he isn't fully committed then get rid i say.don't think Argentine players are the most loyal in the world.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #603: Nov 15, 2009 07:09:39 pm
      You cannot judge a whole nation on one player come on. I think Messi was pretty loyal considering Man City where in for him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #604: Nov 15, 2009 07:10:31 pm
      In fairness he has being our best player in the last couple of weeks would have being devasted to see him go. Even more so than Xabi.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #605: Nov 15, 2009 07:13:57 pm
      I think the club will snap Barc hand off for £36 million, not Rafa but the club, the most damning thing about this whole thing if it is true is we have not reported Barcelona for an illegal approach, surely it is illegal to approach the player before the terms are agreed with the club.

You'll find it was probably Masch's agent who approached them, the F***ing toss ::)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #606: Nov 15, 2009 07:18:08 pm
      Could this not be classed as tapping him up because Barca are talking to his advisers when the club haven't even given permission for there to be talks for the player.

But £32M plus Xavi or Iniesta then he's yours. Or £36M plus Bojan.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #607: Nov 15, 2009 07:20:35 pm
      Could this not be classed as tapping him up because Barca are talking to his advisers when the club haven't even given permission for there to be talks for the player.

But £32M plus Xavi or Iniesta then he's yours. Or £36M plus Bojan.

I would hope if this is true and it gets more and more serious that the club does call them on tapping up. We really need to stop letting ourselves get whipped and bloody well stand up to these cu*ts. Sick of Liverpool being seen as an easy target for players.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #608: Nov 15, 2009 07:21:37 pm
      from barca to city hmmmm.if he was a city player and barca came in for him do you think he would have turned them down?!
      look at tevez going from united to city.they usually all want to jump ship to spain.
      i thought he could have done better with the second goal we conceded against Birmingham.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #609: Nov 15, 2009 08:05:13 pm
      I don't believe anything that comes from papers like the Star, I am not saying Mascha is staying here, he let us all know last season where he wants to be, so you don't have to be stargazer to know where he wants to go, but anything can happen between now and the end of the season. We could even be taken over by a super rich benefactor who would make Mascha an offer he couldn't refuse.(Sign this or we take your legs with us.) >:D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #610: Nov 15, 2009 09:04:57 pm
      depressing if true but he didn't want a new contract, did he? if he does make the move then we need to spend good money to get a better midfielder
      Where will the manager get the good money or any money from to replace anyone? Alonso wasn't replaced and the monies we got for him has not been seen since. If Masch does go and the rumoured £30m doesn't materialise if the manager hadn't considered his position at LFC previously he would certainly do so in that scenario, no football manager could be expected to do the job effectively when the cream of his acquisitions are not replaced and any profit from the mans footballing genius are not pumped back into the club but into the owners coffers.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #611: Nov 15, 2009 11:01:17 pm
      ehm Barca can go F**k themselves really if what they did is true Liverpool should report them and get them disciplined...
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #612: Nov 16, 2009 02:34:07 am
      IF the guy doesnt care to wear the Reds jersey,and wants out so badly, i say dont let the door hit ya in the arse Masch.
      What have we won with him anyway?

How did Argentina do with him as captain , barley qualified
      He's a very good player, but not irreplacable

Take 30 million and start planning for a replacement ,now
      Maybe we can even get 2 quality players for that money, if our owners dont pocket it of course

And lets get someone that actually WANTS to play for us and is PROUD to wear our crest

(and not injured for 4 months this time)
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #613: Nov 16, 2009 10:30:06 am
      We shoudln't be selling any of our best players in January.

If he wants to go next year then start at £50m and let them bid us down. Im fed up with LFC accepting naff sums for top players.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #614: Nov 16, 2009 12:09:16 pm
      There's no point keeping him here if he has no desire to play for Liverpool. If we get that money, IF, we can use that to buy a player or two who will jump at the chance to play for the biggest club in the world.

Well, 32 million plus Xavi/Iniesta/Messi and we've got a deal.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #615: Nov 16, 2009 01:38:10 pm
      I still say, if they want him bad enough. £45 million minimum. Dare I say £50 million Deal within 10 working days or forget it. That way we can find suitable replacements from the premiership League.
      Great thinking Solodee but that simply won't happen. No matter how well Mascherano has done in the last couple of years, if he's worth 45mill then Torres is worth half of Anfield!

If this does come to fruition though, I will do everything in my power to have you knighted.

Shoot me down in flames if you like people, but Javier is worth 30mill. If we get that, or possibly more, then we cash in and bring someone in that wants to build a career at the Greatest club in the World.

Someone mentioned earlier that people need to calm down, that this transfer won't happen, but I fully believe it will. Just a gut feeling of the inevitable dread. sh*t happens, we move on. We helped him become a well respected player who has become recognised around the planet, and this pr**k wants to piss up-wind.

It's time to go.........Monster.
      « Last Edit: Nov 16, 2009 01:43:54 pm by RedStorm »
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #616: Nov 16, 2009 02:36:16 pm
      There's no point keeping him here if he has no desire to play for Liverpool. If we get that money, IF, we can use that to buy a player or two who will jump at the chance to play for the biggest club in the world.

Well, 32 million plus Xavi/Iniesta/Messi and we've got a deal.
      Good deal. :laugh:
      fidi_rock
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #617: Nov 16, 2009 03:16:56 pm
      okk if he want 2 go than  go , rafa get L Diarra he his wery good and can be good replacment for masch.
      YNWA
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #618: Nov 16, 2009 06:23:29 pm
      As good as we think he is he has only scored 1 or 2 goals even Didi was more prolific and he got nose bleed if he went into the opponents half. OF all the positions I think his is the easiest to fill so happy if he stays happy if he goes.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #619: Nov 16, 2009 06:35:43 pm
      His job is not easy to fill it baffles me at times how little people actually understand the defensive midfield position, remember Real paid £23 million for Diarra he is a poor mans Masch. Who is he easier to replace other than Gerrard, Torres and Reina because other than them three he is our most valuable player.

Just another thought remember that lad called Makele who did an identical job to Masch look how hard it was for Real and all there attacking Galacticos to replace him. Took them years to win anything after he left ah sure what did he do just win the ball.

It took Chelsea a couple of years to do anything after he retired. That is how important good defensive midfielders are, will people please stop under estimating them it drives me insane how little people seem to rate them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #620: Nov 16, 2009 06:36:56 pm
      By the way forgot to post this from Ballague site

Several readers have been in touch, asking if we have any information regarding the press reports on Sunday claiming that Javier Mascherano had agreed a deal with FC Barcelona....

It was reported that Mascherano`s agent had been in Spain to discuss a possible transfer to FC Barcelona – with some papers claiming that a January transfer, including personal terms had already been agreed .

However, despite a degree of ambiguity, sources close to the player have told me that this is not the case and that “Mascherano won`t be leaving Liverpool, not unless something changes in the next few weeks.”

Conversations did take place between Barcelona and Liverpool in the summer regarding the Spanish club`s interest in the Argentine midfielder, but no formal bid was forthcoming

Quick Reply