Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)

Read 105591 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
      Reply #621: Nov 16, 2009 09:30:14 pm
      His job is not easy to fill it baffles me at times how little people actually understand the defensive midfield position, remember Real paid £23 million for Diarra he is a poor mans Masch. Who is he easier to replace other than Gerrard, Torres and Reina because other than them three he is our most valuable player.

Just another thought remember that lad called Makele who did an identical job to Masch look how hard it was for Real and all there attacking Galacticos to replace him. Took them years to win anything after he left ah sure what did he do just win the ball.

It took Chelsea a couple of years to do anything after he retired. That is how important good defensive midfielders are, will people please stop under estimating them it drives me insane how little people seem to rate them.

Totally agree with corballyred. Mascherano is just as important a player as 'Gerrard', 'Torres', 'Carra', 'Reina', he is part of the so called 'spine'. We've already slipped a disc after the summer, i'd hate to see us paralyse ourselves in January. Not reading anything into this just yet, hope it's not true.

As for other clubs in Europe seeing Liverpool Football Club as easy 'prey', until these wankers are disposed of, that's exactly what we'll be.

Hicks and Gillette will see this as a chance to re-coup their initial outlay and use the 'profit' that Rafa makes to pay off the 'interest' on the debt. We will eventually run out of alleyways to run down with these cu*ts in charge.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #622: Nov 16, 2009 10:13:53 pm
      Back page of the Echo today claiming that he's not going anywhere.

Not sure what to think.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #623: Nov 16, 2009 11:31:37 pm
      Back page of the Echo today claiming that he's not going anywhere.

Not sure what to think.
      Posted that earlier Ross the club have rubbished reports of him going anywhere thats more or less the report below
      LFC have rubbished reports that Mascherano could be on his way to Barca in January saying there has been no contact between the clubs since the summer. Joan Laportes term as president of Barca ends in June and as the election struggle gathers pace uncertainty reigns at the Nous Camp.
      Their manager Guardiola is a big admirer of Masch but his own future is uncertain until the president has been appointed and until that happens it is unlikely that Barca will make any new additions to their squad.
      His agent/advisor can say what the F**k he likes - doesn't look like he's going anywhere.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #624: Nov 17, 2009 10:20:23 pm
      Think it's the Daily Express. Their reporting that he could go for £30M + Yaya Toure and Bojan. I would get the article but internet being slow at the moment.

EDIT: Website just wont load but it's on BBC

Liverpool will resist any attempt by Barcelona to prise midfielder Javier Mascherano away during the January transfer window but may accept a £30m package in the summer. Barca may offer midfielder Yaya Toure and striker Bojan Krkic in part exchange. (Daily Express)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8363676.stm

I reckon that's a pretty good deal. One of the brightest prospects at the moment and a solid defensive mid. Could also get a winger with that money.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #625: Nov 17, 2009 10:44:34 pm
      Think it's the Daily Express. Their reporting that he could go for £30M + Yaya Toure and Bojan. I would get the article but internet being slow at the moment.

EDIT: Website just wont load but it's on BBC

I reckon that's a pretty good deal. One of the brightest prospects at the moment and a solid defensive mid. Could also get a winger with that money.
      Also reported on footballtransferleague website,along with rumours of Upson & Ilunga coming here.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #626: Nov 17, 2009 10:45:27 pm
      along with rumours of Upson & Ilunga coming here.

Oh joy. ::)
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #627: Nov 17, 2009 10:46:36 pm
      Indeed,really gets the pulse racing.NOT.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #628: Nov 17, 2009 10:48:34 pm
      This guys as good as gone unfortunately :(:(:(

He's total quality,so important to the team and like Alonso so difficult to replace cos there arent many good copies of what he can do.He doesnt seem to be happy with life in England although happy with Liverpool as a club. If he doesnt sign an improved deal by January hes certainly gone at least in the summer. Lets hope he puts pen to paper otherwise lets get 30m+ for him!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #629: Nov 18, 2009 02:57:23 am
      Barca eyeing Mascherano
      LIVERPOOL will resist any attempt by Barcelona to prise Javier Mascherano away during the January transfer window, but may be forced to accept a cut-price £30million deal in the summer.

Sources in Spain claim the move for Argentina captain Mascherano, 25, is inevitable and suggest Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure and battle against Manchester City.

Fernando Torres seems weeks away from a return and Steven Gerrard is doubtful. Both have groin problems.

Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera are out for a month. Glen Johnson, Fabio Aurelio and Daniel Agger will be assessed later in the week.

That the article? Taken of Daily Express.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #630: Nov 18, 2009 03:52:26 am
      You cant help but visualise the media rubbing their hands whilst they write that sh*te.

"The demise of Rafa's Liverpool"

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #631: Nov 18, 2009 10:22:38 am
      I rate Yaya Toure, he's a very good player from what I've seen and should be physically suited to the EPL. Would rather keep Masch obviously but IF he wants to go then that wouldn't be a bad deal.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #632: Nov 18, 2009 01:07:50 pm
      In spite of all the speculation the rumour merchants are all agreed on one thing that nothing is imminent and the chances of anything positive happening will be in the summer. Why then is the buying club,the price and his replacement in place on the basis of flimsy paper talk?
      LFC has rubbished these rumours in their one and only statement on the matter so why not let the player and the team get on with the job in hand and swerve the distractions.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #633: Nov 18, 2009 01:09:42 pm
      Yawn.

How often do we see these articles? And how often do they actually happen?

Rarely.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #634: Nov 18, 2009 05:11:03 pm
      I'd bite their hands off for £30m + Bojan and Yaya Toure.
      fatlum.j
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      • el fatti
      Reply #635: Nov 18, 2009 06:44:49 pm
      now he has singed for barca for 36 m masch has gone but not until may 2010
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #636: Nov 18, 2009 07:43:24 pm
      I'd bite their hands off for £30m + Bojan and Yaya Toure.

Same. That would be F***ing mint.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #637: Nov 18, 2009 08:13:16 pm
      Same. That would be f**king mint.

Thing is though Yaya Toure has said that he see's his future at Barcelona.

Oh well, i'd settle for Iniesta instead.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #638: Nov 18, 2009 09:53:59 pm
      As much as some rate Bojan, he hasn't looked all too good. He has potential, but is having trouble unlocking it - and for some time.

Masch = Toure + Henry plus 30m
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #639: Nov 19, 2009 01:11:55 am
      We can't sell him otherwise we're screwed. Him and Alonso ffs! If Rafa does decide to sell him i would only be happy with £30m or higher + Toure/Milito
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #640: Nov 19, 2009 01:23:07 am
      We can't sell him otherwise we're screwed. Him and Alonso ffs! If Rafa does decide to sell him I would only be happy with £30m or higher + Toure/Milito

Not Milito, he's nearly 30 and we have Ayala and Kelly so don't need him.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #641: Nov 19, 2009 01:54:43 am
      It really is starting to worry me all these reports, I know you can't exactly take them to be true but like Alonso did before he left Mascherano hasn't come out and denied it (unless I missed it of course).
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #642: Nov 19, 2009 02:41:07 am
      F**k Im over it I dont think I can endure another Xabi saga...Javier should come out commit himself or leave it really is not fair on the fans to be dragged through the mud again.

If he does leave then he is just an ungrateful pr**k who has quickly forgotten the time he spent rotting in the Hammers reserves.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #643: Nov 19, 2009 06:45:56 am
      Mascheranos leaving, he's as good as gone. I think he's a good player but he's not the loss Xabi Alonso will be. 30mil+Bojan+Toure and I actually would bite someones hand off

Quick Reply