Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)

Read 105358 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
      Reply #667: Nov 30, 2009 09:06:41 pm
      Like it or not we need Mascherano.  He is a tremendous help on defence.  I really hope he isn't going anywhere.

Same here.

Once Aquilani is fully fit, we need someone to marshall the midfield defensively. Mascherano is the player to do so.

Although £100m sounds nice. ;) We could clone him....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #668: Nov 30, 2009 09:42:34 pm
      He did kiss the badge yesterday - really hope that means something

Probably Barca bound in the summer.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #669: Dec 01, 2009 11:35:19 am
      Probably Barca bound in the summer.

A bit of contradication there I think.

Even though he's Barca bound but he's kissing the badge. Now which side do I believe?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #670: Dec 01, 2009 11:38:56 am
      He did kiss the badge yesterday - really hope that means something

I don't think it changes anything.

He's a passionate player, and knew full well the importance of the victory against Everton. I personally think he was just overjoyed to have scored (or provoked an OG ::)) in such a big game. I wouldn't say it was a gesture to the fans to say he was staying, just that he was so pleased to bang one in.

I still think he'll be leaving next summer, even if I hope to hell I'm wrong.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #671: Dec 01, 2009 11:53:40 am
      People should cut Masch some slack, he has been our best player in the last month, he is saying the right things to the press and his celebration on Sunday shows he is passionate about the club.

I'm sick of people saying if he wants to go he should go will someone find me a direct quote from Masch saying he wants to leave. Its is all just speculation and the only reason he will go in the Summer is if our owners want to cash in to pay the interest repayments.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #672: Dec 01, 2009 11:54:54 am
      the only reason he will go in the Summer is if our owners want to cash in to pay the interest repayments.

TBH, that was one of the main reasons I thought he might leave.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #673: Dec 01, 2009 10:44:41 pm
      I dont think he will go unless Barca put something like 35+ mil bid for him... I reckon Fabregas is their 1st choice though...
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #674: Dec 02, 2009 02:58:50 pm
      We have to hold onto Masch. Look how much our midfield has changed since Alonso left. We couldnt handle another big departure. He is rock solid infront of the back four. It would be as bad as losing Torres.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #675: Dec 02, 2009 05:10:01 pm
      Look with Mascherano the only way he could leave the club would be if Rafa consented to the transfer otherwise i believe Javier is staying put against his wishes or not !

As we have Aquilani now it is essential that we keep Mascherano to get the best out of Aquilani as he needs a strong defensive midfielder to allow us to get the best attackive play from Allberto as defensive play is obviously not his strong point.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #676: Dec 05, 2009 01:23:51 am
      Kissed his badge and celebrated like a lunatic when we beat Everton. To me, that means it's sorted and he's staying.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #677: Dec 05, 2009 07:14:10 am
      Being devils advocate...how about sell masch for 35mill and get gattuso for 15 and have the change plus the dead word sales for silva?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #678: Dec 05, 2009 08:20:08 am
      Being devils advocate...how about sell masch for 35mill and get gattuso for 15 and have the change plus the dead word sales for silva?

Gattuso is a big, fat w**ker. I despise him ever since the first CL Final against them. Dirt c**t. Masch shits all over him.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #679: Dec 05, 2009 08:54:48 am
      Gattuso is a big, fat w**ker. I despise him ever since the first CL Final against them. Dirt c**t. Masch shits all over him.

QFT. Gattuso is over-rated.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #680: Dec 05, 2009 01:13:06 pm
      Because Gattuso is old and sh*t. And Masch is worth more than 35mill.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #681: Dec 06, 2009 12:43:26 pm
      Loved the way he raced to get the ball when we got a few free kicks at the end yesterday.  Showed he was desperate to get on with the game and go for the win for his club to me.

Positive noises from Rafa on the official site today:

Rafa reveals Masch talks
      6th Dec 2009 - Latest News

Rafa Benitez has held 'positive talks' with Javier Mascherano over the midfielder's future at the club.

The No.20 has returned to top form in recent weeks following a summer of newspaper speculation and Argentina's struggles for World Cup qualification.

And Benitez said: "We were talking with him and his agent a month ago about our idea and his idea.

"He's doing really well and has come back to his best. We were really pleased to talk to him to make progress. We have plenty of time but we are happy with him and he is happier now, too.

"He has two more years on his contract, we were talking before and we will sit down sooner rather than later and talk about the future.

"The last conversations that we had were very positive."

Meanwhile, Benitez is hoping to tie up a new contract for Pepe Reina over the coming months.

"We are very happy with him," said the boss. "He has been improving every single year and he will improve more because goalkeepers have more time in their career.

"He's always positive and he's one of the best in the training sessions because his attitude is always good.

"It depends on the agent and what the player wants but Pepe is very happy here in Liverpool so I don't see a big problem.

"The teammates love him because he's a very good example."

Author: Jimmy Rice

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/rafa-reveals-masch-talks
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #682: Dec 07, 2009 11:53:36 am
      The manager is happy with the ongoing contract discussions with Masch and so is the player and an optimistic outcome is expected according to a statement in the press.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #683: Dec 07, 2009 09:37:05 pm
      then that is excellent news... fingers crossed he signs an extension soon.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #684: Dec 07, 2009 09:48:00 pm
      then that is excellent news... fingers crossed he signs an extension soon.
      There's no bullshit off his agent which is only a good thing so it does look optimistic.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #685: Dec 21, 2009 05:55:32 pm
      With Mascha everything depends on Rafa himself, if they sack Rafa he will go, nothing would keep him here. If Rafa rides out the storm and turns it around it will be because of a player like Mascha, who for me is one player who fights for everything, he'd even fight you over a tiddlywinks game. Stevie G should take a leaf from Mascha's book and act like a captain should, like Mascherano.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #686: Dec 21, 2009 07:28:29 pm
      Stevie G should take a leaf from Mascha's book and act like a captain should, like Mascherano.

What always having a go at the ref and being sent off for a 2nd time this season? Yeah real captain material ::) :laugh:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #687: Nov 10, 2017 04:55:26 pm
      LOCKED: Please use the Transfer Board where you will find the appropriate thread.

Quick Reply