Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Fifa 10

Read 139319 times
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Fifa 10
      May 29, 2009 01:08:56 pm
      Well, the seasons over. :f_wah: 

It may be early days yet but it'll be nice to hear peoples comments and suggestions on what Fifa 10 would be like.

Fifa 09 is brilliant but every year EA outdo themselves.

How can they top "09"?  ???

Thoughts anyone?
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Re: Fifa 10
      Reply #1: May 29, 2009 01:14:56 pm
      Sort out Lag online, some players appearances need updating, stop "stupid" goalkeeping (half way line goals?), sort out some ratings (Reina - 84, Dirk - 77 at RM?). Maybe drop the emphasis on speed a bit? Try and get adidas live season a bit more realistic (Man Utd always on greens).

Oh and an old favourite, the indoor games, that would be amazing.

paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #2: May 29, 2009 01:16:23 pm
      Oh and an old favourite, the indoor games, that would be amazing.

Second that!
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #3: May 29, 2009 01:16:58 pm
      Maybe Ronaldo should get injured easier?!

I use to love on the old Fifa's when you could push over the goalie haha, think it was R2+L2
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #4: May 29, 2009 01:22:16 pm
      haha. Im showing my age but Fifa 94 (Fifa International soccer) where you could run from the ref when he wanted to book you  :lmao:
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #5: May 29, 2009 01:26:03 pm
      haha. Im showing my age but Fifa 94 (Fifa International soccer) where you could run from the ref when he wanted to book you  :lmao:

I NEED that game hahahahaha.  Thats amazing
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #6: May 29, 2009 01:27:40 pm
      Fifa 2001 was the easiest game known to man. You could run through everyone by just sprinting....
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #7: May 29, 2009 01:37:51 pm
      I NEED that game hahahahaha.  Thats amazing

I revisited it on a Mega Drive emulator, that and Streets of Rage. How my attention span was longer back then.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #8: May 29, 2009 02:28:50 pm
      1. Prevent people quitting online if you are beating them by the simple pausing of the game and leaving.

2. Indoor online mode would be F***ing class. If you could pick either a 6 or 7 a side team from any players in the world or from club/international teams. That would be simply awesome, for example Reina, Carra, Agger, Alonso, Gerrard, Kuyt, Torres.

3. You should be able to make your own international selections for online play, if not just sort out the England team for christs sake! I'm fed up of using Richards at RB.

4. A way to save your team line-up/formation as default going into online matches so you don't have to mess about before each game you play.

5. They need to sort out the crashes in the game for example after scoring a goal.

Basically mostly online orientated changes need to be made in my opinion. Fifa 09 is still a cracking game however, one of my all time favourites actually and I can't wait until the release of this.

It will certainly be interesting to see what new game mode they have come up with this time, whether it will be development on the 'Be a Pro' or something completely original.

I'm looking forward to hearing news!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9: May 29, 2009 03:03:23 pm
      1. Prevent people quitting online if you are beating them by the simple pausing of the game and leaving.

I doubt they would ever put that into the game because at the end of the day they can just quit the game all together by pressing the middle ps button thing or simply just turn the console off.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #10: May 29, 2009 03:04:03 pm
      Incorporate a little mini indoor tournament like the rest of you said and prevent people from quitting on you online if they're losing.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #11: May 29, 2009 07:12:00 pm
      I doubt they would ever put that into the game because at the end of the day they can just quit the game all together by pressing the middle ps button thing or simply just turn the console off.

I suppose so, although I think people are less likely to quit if it means they have to start up the console again.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #12: May 29, 2009 07:30:01 pm
      Bring back training mode. Sick of not being able to practice my direct free-kicks with a wall.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #13: May 29, 2009 07:33:51 pm
      Bring back training mode. Sick of not being able to practice my direct free-kicks with a wall.

Good point, I think you should be able to choose what's going on in the 'arena' - the number of players, teammates etc.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #14: May 30, 2009 02:14:53 am
      Basically the same only smoother and shinier
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #15: May 30, 2009 04:55:22 am
      Fifa 09 Arena mode should be like the NBA 09 Arena, where you have other teammates practicing as well. That'll be good to see in Fifa.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #16: May 30, 2009 03:58:32 pm
      Oh yeah, they need to get rid of the fact you can score straight from kick off.

I think corners also could be improved, for example pressing different buttons for different player movements in the box rather than everyone just standing there whilst the ball goes in.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #17: May 30, 2009 04:23:21 pm
      More controls over the flick passes and overheads would be good too
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #18: May 30, 2009 07:51:35 pm
      I would like to have an Arena mode for your 'club' (The online game mode for be a pro) so you and the others can practise and stuff.

Indoor football would be really good but very unlikely as this would mean that they wont be able to make a fifa street series.

The stats and Live season could be thought up better.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #19: May 31, 2009 11:06:36 am
      Can't wait for fifa 10

I think 09 is great but there are some improvements that could be made for fifa '10:

Ratings for example liverpool having a rating of only 4 and a half stars  (the same as spurs, everton and villa) we need to be upgraded to 5 stars. Dirk only having a rating of 77 :o skrtel has to be better as does alonso. Some players for man u have stupidly high ratings like nani   :-\

Some decisions Mainly the advantage rule. i know it must be hard to program the computer to make a judgement of whether there is a clear advantage or not but for me, more often than not it gets it wrong. Plus sometimes i have been called offside in my own half  :f_doh:

Xbox live I think it needs to be made harder to quit the game. They should remove the "quit game" option from the pause menu to stop idiots quitting if they conced in the first 10 minutes or sometimes if they go behind atall. They would still be able to turn their xbox off to quit but it would make it less convenient for them and hopefully would cut it down alot.

Champions league exhibition games Currently if you want to play a one off game all you can do is play an exhibition match which is basically just a friendly. I think it would be a good addition if you could have a two legged aggregate score exhibition match

thoughts?
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2009 11:33:39 am by Ally-LFC »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #20: May 31, 2009 11:10:07 am
      I think corners also could be improved, for example pressing different buttons for different player movements in the box rather than everyone just standing there whilst the ball goes in.

If I'm not mistaken wasn't that in a Fifa game a few years back?

I agree, the corners are a bit sh*t, more movement and variation would be an improvement.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #21: May 31, 2009 11:18:03 am

If I'm not mistaken wasn't that in a Fifa game a few years back?

I agree, the corners are a bit sh*t, more movement and variation would be an improvement.

I remember when you could pick a player and jostle using the analog stick but I'm not sure about pressing buttons for different runs into the area?

I think you should also be able to pick which players go up for the corners/defend the corners, especially on Manager Mode.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #22: May 31, 2009 11:52:59 am
      i remember that thing with corners i think it was fifa 07 or 06 and i liked it better than 09 where the players are all just stationary in the box.
      It was more realistic

Quick Reply