Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Call of Duty 6 / Modern Warfare 2

Read 134390 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Call of Duty 6 / Modern Warfare 2
      Reply #23: Jul 28, 2009 09:34:45 pm
      It's been confirmed that you'll be able to customise your own killstreak bonuses. Looking forward to seeing how that works.

Guessing it'll be like weapon classes - you'll get to choose from there probably. Good feature that though!
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #24: Jul 28, 2009 09:38:19 pm
      Really? What are the options then? If you know like :)

I don't sorry. I saw the blank spaces (which meant they were locked, I assume you unlock each as you level up) and there was about 15-20 options I think. Don't quote me on that though.

Guessing it'll be like weapon classes - you'll get to choose from there probably. Good feature that though!

Again I think each one is unlocked as you level up.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #25: Jul 28, 2009 10:14:17 pm
      Sounds pretty darn good.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #26: Jul 29, 2009 12:01:12 pm
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #27: Aug 02, 2009 12:50:07 am
      Watched the first story mode mission the other day on youtube and it does look special, you even slide down the banks!

There is a list of games whichif you trade in at gamestation you get COD6 halfprice, and then trade more random games to know money off :)

I thought its out in October? 11.10.09 ? isnt that the whole point of the order of it, 11,10,9 etc...

So im going to trade COD5 , a few more PS3 games and a bunch of PS2 games and maybe throw a DS game in there so i will hopefully get it for 99p like Fight Night Round 4 :)
      « Last Edit: Aug 02, 2009 01:02:17 am by JD »
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #28: Aug 02, 2009 07:52:17 pm
      Nope it's out on 10/11/09, it's just that Americans put it as 11/10/09 cuz they put the month first then the day. :)
      I STAN BULL
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -2 
      Reply #29: Aug 27, 2009 08:01:29 pm
      The game is 35 quid in tesco preorder. Hope that helps sum of you, i am going to pre order mine very soon
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #30: Aug 27, 2009 10:23:52 pm
      Think I might take up that offer, they deliver it too?
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #31: Aug 27, 2009 10:34:18 pm
      Dual-wield weapons officially confirmed
      August 27th, 2009
      5 comments There is a good news. Officially it has been confirmed by Infinity Ward that Modern Warfare 2 will be having dual-wield weapons. Great. Isn’t it?

It was twittered recently by the community manager of Infinity Ward, Robert Bowling that akimbo pistols would feature in Modern Warfare 2. While giving a presentation on the game Bowling announced this great news.

He said, “Just walked off stage. Crowd was amazing, went insane chanting ‘pick it up!’ when I stumbled over dual-wield Deagles. ;D - Akimbo confirmed.”

Through the official forum Bowling said, “Now to calm some initial fears of ‘OMG! Overpowered!’. Akimbo is limited and balanced, just like everything in the game. It’s limited to side-arms, harder to aim than standard and you can’t go ADS (aim down sights) since you have a weapon in each hand.”

Bowling even mentioned giving a direction to all the fans of the game that don’t freak out before seeing it in action.

Well, no where on the forum did he mentioned when the fans will get a chance to see it in action.

Please share your thoughts…

New range of accessories for North America and key European territories
      August 25th, 2009
      9 comments New range of accessories have arrived for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in the market of North America some European territories. These accessories have been announced by MadCatz. Check the accessories below:

Modern Warfare 2 Combat Controller (360)
      MRP: $49.99 USD
      Latency free controller with 2 two extra buttons.

Modern Warfare 2 Throat Communicator (360)
      MRP: $29.99 USD
      Based on military design, it is an accessories to reduce background noise.

Modern Warfare 2 Faceplate and Console Skinz
      MRP: $29.99 USD
      Skin with “z”, kids to provide fully immersive themed landscape.

Modern Warfare 2 Combat Controller (PS3)
      Two extra buttons, backlit thumbs and internal battery that can provide gameplay up to 60 hours.

Modern Warfare 2 Wireless Bluetooth Headset (PS3)
      MRP: $39.99 USD
      This accessory reduces microphone noise.

Modern Warfare 2 Controller Faceplates (PS3 and 360)
      MRP: $14.99 USD
      It is durable and has a gloss finish.

Modern Warfare 2 Combat Game Pad (PC)
      MRP: $24.99 USD
      This has analogue sticks, 4 trigger and 4 action buttons, and is compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP.

Modern Warfare 2 Sniper Mouse (PC)
      It helps to alter cursor speed.

Modern Warfare 2 Combat Keyboard
      Features “Anti-ghosting” for key action areas and the Media Keys of it controls volume and other media functions.

Modern Warfare 2 Elite Keyboard (PC)
      Features multi-colour backlighting and Tru-Vu illumination.

Two new snowy images released
      August 19th, 2009
      31 comments Two new images have been released by Activision. Now it is confirmed that helicopters are there in the game. It’s a snowy location in the images and we can also see few hard-looking (cold) soldiers.

We can see the soldiers being equipped with nasty guns, ski goggles, and Wal-Mart face coverings. It looks that these soldiers are on the way to hurt something.

It seems Modern Warfare 2 has all weapons
      August 17th, 2009
      70 comments Here is a list of weapons that will be there in Modern Warfare 2.

Assault Rifles
      FAMAS - Bushmaster ACR - M16 - AK-47 - Steyr AUG A2 - Imbel MD3 - FN 2000 - G36C - M4 - MK. 14 EBR - G3 - TAR-21 - FN SCAR - FN FAL

Sniper Rifles
      SVD Dragunov - Walther WA2000

Sub-Machine Guns
      FN P90 - UMP .45 - TDI Kriss - H&K MP5

Shotguns
      Franchi SPAS-12 - W1200 - Armsel Striker 12 Guage - Remington 870MCS - Winchester 1887 - AA-12

Light/Heavy Machine Guns
      RPD - MK46 - AUG HBAR-T - MG4 - M240

Pistols
      USP .45 - Glock 18/22 - M1911 .45 - Desert Eagle or Baby Eagle

Melee
      Combat Knife - Ice Picks

Explosives/Grenades
      C4 - Frag Grenade - Stun Grenade - Smoke Grenade - Semtex

Gun Attatchments
      Red Dot Sight - Heartbeat Sensor - ACOG - Silencer - EOTech Sight - Thermal Scope - Master Key

Grenade Launchers
      GP-25 Grenade Launcher - M203 Grenade Launcher - AT4 Rocket Launcher (Heat Seaking/Lock-On)

Armor
      Riot Shield

Cross check properly and comment about the weapons you are missing in the game.

Mad Catz will create controllers and accessories for Modern Warfare 2
      August 16th, 2009
      10 comments Mad Catz Interactive, the famous third party interactive entertainment accessory provider, will be producing branded controllers and accessories for Modern Warfare 2. This has been recently announced officially by Mad Catz.

The President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz said that they are very much excited to work for Activision and Infinity Ward in creating branded controllers and accessories for their Modern Warfare series.

He also said that as they continue to grow and diversify then they to become the leading portfolio in the branded videogame industy.

The CEO of Infinity Ward said that the innovation and fresh approach of Mad Catz has been great from the first day itself. He said that Mad Catz has really made poured their hearts into the new line of accessories for MW2.

Modern Warfare 2 may have more than 2 map packs
      August 13th, 2009
      12 comments News comes that Modern Warfare 2 will be coming up with at least two map packs. This has been conveyed recently by the community manager of Infinity Ward, Robert Bowling. He said to the media that Infinity Ward has been planning to give post-launch support to Modern Warfare 2.

Activision is also working hard to create a community around the game. This is just to make the game sustain in the long run. Moreover, the community will help the team to support well the game after it is launched.

Robert Bowling also said that though they have confirmed earlier also in the E3 about the two map packs, so this does not mean that there won’t be more than two map packs.

He also added that they will be shaping the DLC based on the feedback of the community. The feedback will also suggest whether the first two map packs are up to the expectations or not.

Well, do keep reading and do keep commenting. Let us hope that Modern Warfare 2 sustains in the long term.

May hear voice of 50 Cent in Modern Warfare 2
      August 8th, 2009
      15 comments Fifty Cent, the renowned rapper is going to make an appearance in Modern Warfare 2. He will be making a cameo in this upcoming game. Officially it has not yet announced whether he will still continue his search for his diamond encrusted skull.

Half-a-dollar, as he is also popularly known as, will be lending his talent as one of the many voices featured in the Multiplayer positions of Modern Warfare 2. It his also heard from him that the news of his visit to Infinity Ward and playing Modern Warfare 2 with Good Charlotte’s Benji and Joel Madden is not true.

So all the fans of Modern Warfare 2 get ready to hear sounds from 50 Cent such as Reloading, Watch your fire, I’m down, get me up! and Tango Down!

Earlier also Call of Duty featured famous voices like actors Keifer Sutherland and Gary Oldman. They played prominent roles in Call of Duty: World At War.

Two map packs confirmed by Activision
      August 7th, 2009
      6 comments Modern Warfare 2 has beaten all the previous pre-order records of Activision. This news broke after the earnings call of Activision. It seems that the price tag of £54.99 GBP has not put gamers away from having it. Activision calls that Modern Warfare 2 is the “must-have title” of 2009.

On the day of revealing this game to be the largest pre-order, Activision announced that Modern Warfare 2 will have two map packs.
      Michael J. Griffith, the president and CEO of publishing unit said of Activision said to the media, “We plan to launch two separate map packs for this title. Map packs help extend the shelf life of the franchise.”

Griffith also said while comparing with the original Modern Warfare, “The original Modern Warfare was released two years ago and has sold almost 14 million units worldwide life to date. The excitement for the next instalment is evidenced by the largest pre-orders in Activision’s history.”

Well, it was earlier known that two map packs will be released for MW2, but it was not confirmed that there will only be two map packs.

www.cod6.org
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32: Aug 27, 2009 10:35:08 pm
      I got Cod 5 from ASDA for ÂŁ25.00 on the firs day of its release I had to que at 3 am and they only had 15 copies, but it was well worth it, i'm hoping they do the same again.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #33: Aug 27, 2009 10:46:36 pm
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #34: Aug 27, 2009 10:51:34 pm
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #35: Aug 27, 2009 10:51:57 pm
      I'm getting it, I usually prefer the modern warefare gameplay compared to olden days ones (World War 2)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36: Aug 27, 2009 11:16:07 pm
      I'm getting it, I usually prefer the modern warefare gameplay compared to olden days ones (World War 2)

I thought that myself at first, but after a while of swapping between cod 4 and cod 5, i got hooked on 5 and havent picked up 4 since.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #37: Aug 28, 2009 08:04:27 am
      This game looks sweet.
      Should be a top one, November 10th I'll be getting it
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #38: Aug 29, 2009 02:12:35 am
      I think COD 4 was the best first person shooter game of all time. The best thing about WAW was the zombie stuff, I hope they've got decent co op on this one. Don't think they'll have Zombies but hopefully something else. Multiplayer gets abit boring for me after a while.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #40: Aug 29, 2009 01:56:57 pm
      Sweet, especially with the civilians.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #41: Aug 30, 2009 10:03:46 am
      Love Modern Warfare,still play it regularly.One thing's for sure you can forget about your job,problems etc when your playing on it.Just ordered the slim PS3 and pre ordered Modern Warfare 2.
      Really cant wait for the game it looks a belter.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #42: Aug 31, 2009 04:43:34 am
      CoD4 was brilliant, I'm looking forward to Modern Warfare 2
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Sep 01, 2009 09:42:51 pm
      Might have to sell my PS3 and buy the slim, it looks nice and more in keeping with my TV and surround sound system, Cant wait for modern warfare 2, these games just get better and better.

StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #44: Sep 02, 2009 05:53:58 pm
      Just set up my elite to my new TV, HD styley so I'ma get this game and play it with quality graphics.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,314 posts | 2810 
      Reply #45: Sep 03, 2009 08:24:10 pm
      This was out a while ago, but it hasn't been posted yet:

E3 2009: Modern Warfare 2 - E3 Demo

Looks amazing.

Quick Reply