Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Short Stories

Read 899 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Short Stories
      May 30, 2009 02:01:02 am
      Me mam was cleaning the spare room out today and came across some of me old school work. One of the things she found was this story, which was the only piece of written coursework I got an A* for ;D

Evolution

Deep in the African jungle lived a troop of chimpanzees and this particular troop was led to by the alpha-male, Steve. Although his name didn't strike fear into those around him, his deadly nature certainly did.

Every one of the other chimps were petrified of Steve but none more so than little Robin. Despite being one of the older members of the troop, Robin was very small in stature because of a problem in his bones which stopped him from growing to the size he should have. That wasn't the only problem Robin had however, he also had a speech problem which meant he couldn't say the letter R and this caused bigger problems than usual because he was called Robin.

His small body and speech impediment made him the butt of the jokes in the troop. All of the other chimps laughed at him, no matter what age or sex or relation to Robin. It was the same for little Robin every single day and in his mind he knew there wasn't anything he could do to stop the abuse.

Another morning broke and Robin was again surrounded by the rest of the pack. He stood alone in the middle of a circle with rocks and tree branches being thrown at him. But today was different, today Robin didn't cower away instead he stood bolt up right to the amazement of the other members of the troop. He then then picked up one of the branches and started removing the leaves off it before sharpening one end of the branch with a rock.

With his new knife-like tool in his hand Robin spoke to the troop, something he did very rarely. "I little Wobin have had enough of your jokes and abuse. I am no longer prepared to put up with it." and with each word Robin spoke he moved the branch over his fur causing large lumps of it to fall to the floor. "I am no longer part of this troop and this is no longer my home and my name is no longer Wobin. My home is out there and my name is Man." Robin continued as he pointed to outside of the jungle.

So off went little Robin to his new home in the open and in doing so he became the first ever Man.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Re: Short Stories
      Reply #1: May 30, 2009 05:05:55 am
      Last year, in my Year 10 School Certificate exam we had to write a short story for English. It's a shame we weren't allowed to keep the papers or even look at them, only see our marks.
      We had a choice of different ways to begin the story and i chose something like:
      "Waiting for the phone to ring."

From there, my story was about a 16 year old living in Australia who was waiting for a phone call from a scout from Liverpool who would test out his footballing abilities. Anyway, there were other people who were also at the park and the main character had the ball and went down like Drogba after the defender cleanly got the ball. The last line of the story was something like:
      "Pack your bags and leave son. Liverpool FC don't accept diving scum."

Quick Reply