Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Ancelotti appointed Chelsea boss

Read 2623 times
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Ancelotti appointed Chelsea boss
      Jun 01, 2009 10:25:15 am
      Chelsea have confirmed that former Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti will take over as the club’s new manager.

The 49-year-old Italian left Milan on Sunday after finishing third in Serie A and has now been confirmed as Guus Hiddink’s successor.

A statement on the club’s official website read: “Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce that Carlo Ancelotti has agreed to become our new manager.

“He has signed a three-year contract and will start on July 1, 2009.

“Carlo was the outstanding candidate for the job. He has proved over a long period his ability to build teams that challenged for, and have been successful in, major domestic and European competitions.

“He has also had a highly successful playing career in those competitions and therefore brings unparalleled all-round experience to the job.

“We are sure everybody at Chelsea will give him a warm welcome and we are all looking forward to working with him.”

Top manager. Rumour has it that he'll get £100m to spend. I'm sure he has fond memories of us
      « Last Edit: Jun 01, 2009 10:35:28 am by kenny »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Ancelotti appointed Chelsea boss
      Reply #1: Jun 01, 2009 10:26:57 am
      Interesting. I wonder if he'll be fu**ed off after a year too.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #2: Jun 01, 2009 10:33:14 am
      Yes i know, they dont seem to know how to treat the worlds top managers. I wouldnt be suprised if he was gone before the end of the season. But still its worrying that he'll have the cash to throw around now, But im sure as always Rafa would have he's targets already sorted. 
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #3: Jun 01, 2009 10:37:10 am
      How he let a three goal lead slip off from his hands, was beyond my wildest imagination back then in 2005. Since then he looks like a sh*te manager to me.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #4: Jun 01, 2009 10:48:13 am
      Not bothered about this.

I wouldn't have him.  But cracking reason to revive some of those Istanbul banners for games against the Chavs.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Jun 01, 2009 10:59:24 am
      Logging off the forum in college, bus home - logging back on at home.  And he's signed.  Couldn't give a sh*t TBH, but it happened whilst I was on the bus!!!

I wouldn't have him. But cracking reason to revive some of those Istanbul banners for games against the Chavs.

Exactly!  Now we've got a reason to actually look forward to play against those rent boys.  ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6: Jun 01, 2009 11:46:36 am
      So we can expect Chelsea being linked to Kaka, Pirlo, Beckham and Pato all summer long  ::)

Rafa has his number
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #7: Jun 01, 2009 12:57:09 pm
      I give him 6 months. Abromovich wants flair so they sign a manager that has managed in the Italian league for 8 years? ::) Well I suppose he's used to working with an old squad!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #8: Jun 01, 2009 01:56:28 pm
      Pfft not one bit fussed by this, in fact I see it as an advantage for us and Arsenal i dont think he has the credentials to be successful in the PL just like Scolari.

Oh well 5 managers in 2 years says a lot about that club for me  ::)
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #9: Jun 01, 2009 01:58:09 pm
      ...who's next ?
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #10: Jun 01, 2009 02:12:36 pm
      Oh well 5 managers in 2 years says a lot about that club for me  ::)

It is actually disgraceful! It wouldn't be as bad if the managers were actually doing a bad job and threatening the clubs position in the league but no.

Ranieri: Was the one who got them into the top four, and built the squad that Mourinho would win the league with! Given time he probably would have done it himself!

Mourinho: Actually won the league with them, and a few cups. Players (apparently) liked working with him. Was set to challenge United for the league again before he was fired.

Grant: Always had a tough job succeeding Mourinho yet still managed to get them to their first (and only) Champions League Final and pushed United to the last day of the season.

Scolari: Probably the worst of the lot but still never looked like losing Top Four status.

Hiddink: Even if he had stayed they would have found a reason to sack him later on. Never felt he had the feel for the league?

Ancelotti: Watch this space!

Nothing there that would make you think the manager deserved to go. Surely this can't be allowed to continue. They're taking some world class managers and ruining their reputations!
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #11: Jun 01, 2009 02:26:48 pm
      I think every great managers left Chelsea with a bad reputation except Grant(who's him anyway). Ranieri built Chelsea but got fired. Mourinho was not a good one. He was an average manager with tons of money to spend. Big Phil came with a reputation but left miserably although I loved him as he was the mastermind of chaos in the squad. the new manager let see how long he can withstand the 09/10 season.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #12: Jun 01, 2009 02:56:00 pm
      Rafa knows Ancelotti inside out. Can't wait for some of the Istanbul banners again!

What's the point in managers signing 3 year contracts at Chelsea, it'll just be terminated after 1. I hope they tank.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #13: Jun 01, 2009 03:21:00 pm
      So we can expect Chelsea being linked to Kaka, Pirlo, Beckham and Pato all summer long  ::)

Rafa has his number
      Pirlo had already been linked before the annoncement was made on sky. No worries anyway, i think his lack of premiership knowledge will have him stumbling before he knows whats what.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #14: Jun 01, 2009 04:08:08 pm
      He didn't know how to contain a considerably weaker-than-now Liverpool squad in the '07 final. Gets lucky with set-pieces.

He knows nothing of the Premier League, nothing of how we play here. It's not slow and tactical, it's fast and physical.

Looks like, yet again, United will be our only challenge this year. This fella will be gone by Christmas.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #15: Jun 01, 2009 05:09:08 pm
      He didn't know how to contain a considerably weaker-than-now Liverpool squad in the '07 final. Gets lucky with set-pieces.

He knows nothing of the Premier League, nothing of how we play here. It's not slow and tactical, it's fast and physical.

Looks like, yet again, United will be our only challenge this year. This fella will be gone by Christmas.

And subsequently fired.

I do hope they buy the players from Milan. 30+ year-old players are exactly what we want them to get.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #16: Jun 01, 2009 05:17:33 pm
      sh*te manager. sh*te club.

He will be gone pretty soon I think.

Hiddink was the one for them, I think he is a top manager and if he stayed I would have viewed them as serious competition in all competitions.

Now they've got Ancelotti, they're fu**ed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17: Jun 02, 2009 01:18:05 am
      Just like Scolari, they will hype it all up and they will have a good pre-season and suddenly think he is the one. Expect to see another manager vacancy at Stamford Bridge come middle of the season.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #18: Jun 02, 2009 01:52:55 pm
      I think a lot of people on here are under-estimating him, I think he is a very good manager and knows how to win in the Champions League which is what Roman wants.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #19: Jun 02, 2009 01:58:02 pm
      I for starters didn't underestimated him...I know how good he was...but considering Chelsea constant changing of their managers do prove that even the best managers didn't have a clue on how to manage a group of w**kers! For me, Chelsea is like the Real Madrid of Premier League...not for the glories they achieved but the numbers of managers they had!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20: Jun 02, 2009 02:46:17 pm
      Good news for us. I think given time he will become a top manager in this league but its the rent boys, how long do they give?

They have said he builds teams, is this a new approach? Will they let him go about his business and build an empire or just expect now? Will be interesting.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #21: Mar 23, 2010 11:05:52 pm

Just on SSN now that if Chelsea do not win the PL, it is thought that Ancelotti will be sacked.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #22: Mar 24, 2010 12:28:04 am
      Good news for us. I think given time he will become a top manager in this league but its the rent boys, how long do they give?

They have said he builds teams, is this a new approach? Will they let him go about his business and build an empire or just expect now? Will be interesting.
      Apparently the latter:

Just on SSN now that if Chelsea do not win the PL, it is thought that Ancelotti will be sacked.

Quick Reply