Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Moyes in for Owen

Read 4145 times
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Moyes in for Owen
      Jun 02, 2009 09:18:08 am
      According to Sky news and The Mirror Everton boss "The Chosen One" is going for Newcastles Micheal Owen , any thoughts on that? Personally i think Owen would be great coming off the bench or as cover for Torres as long as he gets his love of playing football back [and his injuries] theres not a more dangerous finisher in the prem when owens at the races[pardon the pun]. ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Moyes in for Owen
      Reply #1: Jun 02, 2009 09:32:24 am
       I say three cheers for "The Chosen One",I hope he gets value for the reputed 50,000 quid a week that Mickey Owen wants.Since he left us he has not given Real Madrid or Newcastle value for money so I cannot seeing things changing.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #2: Jun 02, 2009 04:07:02 pm
      There are a few fans who will never forgive Owen for the way he left us! Joining Everton is NOT the way to try and win them back! :P
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #3: Jun 02, 2009 04:17:20 pm
      Im laughing so hard right now.

Owen is well past his sell by date.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #4: Jun 02, 2009 05:03:36 pm
      There are a few fans who will never forgive Owen for the way he left us! Joining Everton is NOT the way to try and win them back! :P

If he goes there then he's burned his bridges as far as I'm concerned.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Jun 02, 2009 05:37:42 pm
      I wouldn't mind signing him for cover.

Only on a pay as you play deal though. Safer bet.

Everton though? :lmao:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #6: Jun 02, 2009 08:24:41 pm
      If we signed him it would have to be pay as you score rather than play. The lad's jinxed. I say get him to everton and watch them go down, and bankrupt.
      arkles lad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,986 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 02, 2009 08:40:49 pm
      I never want to see him back,I don't forget how sh*te he was when he was giving it ,if we don't finish the top four i'll seriously have to consider my future,then watched us win in ISTANBULL from his F***ing villa.Bollocks he's had his day.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #8: Jun 03, 2009 11:05:57 am
      I guess it's the closest he'll get to Anfield this summer.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #9: Jun 03, 2009 04:43:30 pm
      I never want to see him back,I don't forget how sh*te he was when he was giving it ,if we don't finish the top four I'll seriously have to consider my future,then watched us win in ISTANBULL from his f**king villa.Bollocks he's had his day.

Are you not apt to fogive?

I guess it's the closest he'll get to Anfield this summer.

Liverpool Players Tell Rafael Benitez To Sign Michael Owen

http://talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/9/england/2009/05/31/1296456/liverpool-players-tell-rafael-benitez-to-sign-michael-owen

Believe it or not?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #10: Jun 03, 2009 04:44:35 pm
      If that's true, what are the players thinking seriously.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #11: Jun 03, 2009 04:48:47 pm
      One of the last Matches I took my Dad to before he died was the Youth Cup final at Anfield. we went just to see him. He hadn't done much then 2 goals (I think) in no time.He was a great favourite until his dirty defection to Real. Going to Newcastle was for me some kind of justice , but to go to Everton is just below the belt. How can he have any  feeling for the fans that idolised him ( I know some still do) if he stoop so low as to go to Goodison. He will get one hell of a backlash at Anfield if he turns up in Blue
      « Last Edit: Jun 03, 2009 09:39:36 pm by johnstop »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #12: Jun 03, 2009 06:06:20 pm
      On eof the last Matches I took my Dad to before he died was the Youth Cup final at Anfield. we went just to see him. He hadn't done mutch then 2 goals (I think) in no time.He was a great favourite until his dirty defection to Real. Going to Newcastle was for me some kind of justice , but to go to Everton is just below the belt. He can have for feeling for the fans that idolised him ( i know some still do) if he stoop so low as to go to Goodison. He will get one hell of a backlash at Anfield if he turns up in Blue.

I just wouldn't be arsed. His career has gone backwards since he left us. At least now he gets to play for the club he supported as a boy.

Several of our foreign lads are going to end up bigger legends than Owen.
      Torres_LFC9
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 03, 2009 08:58:45 pm
      Im not even sure Owen would make an impact in the Championship!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #14: Jun 08, 2009 01:55:20 pm
      Time to forgive and forget and lets start anew. Yes, he left us or some may say deserted us when we needed him most, but hey I could remember vividly when Gerard Houllier was almost on the verge of being sacked he doesn't has clue what he was doing and Michael almost single handedly won us games by being the lone striker and kept us in the CL, otherwise we'll be in deep sh*t long time ago. When he said ...  " if we don't finish the top four I'll seriously have to consider my future", i believe he blurted that statement out of frustration where he's telling Rafa you better change things, I can't do that all alone week in week out. Of course Rafa being the new boss takes no nonsense from anyone and he was shown the exit. Hence, let's be fair to Michael, look at his positives, he won us games and cups with his goals and kept us in the CL, we should not forget that as well and not to be quick to condemn him for leaving the club.

Look, he's already a legend at the club and let him come back and finish where he started and the man has been punished enough already so far. I'd rather take a risk on Michael as he will cost us next to nothing instead of paying say 5 to 6 mil on one so called potential striker, we have many of them already. At least Michael is a proven striker and if he can strike an understanding with Torres and free of injury, they'll be truely handful.

I just wonder at times if we had Michael in the team would we have won the league this year by turning some of the drawn games into victory by that odd goal? I honestly think so.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #15: Jun 11, 2009 05:35:40 am
      Time to forgive and forget and lets start anew. Yes, he left us or some may say deserted us when we needed him most, but hey I could remember vividly when Gerard Houllier was almost on the verge of being sacked he doesn't has clue what he was doing and Michael almost single handedly won us games by being the lone striker and kept us in the CL, otherwise we'll be in deep sh*t long time ago. When he said ...  " if we don't finish the top four I'll seriously have to consider my future", I believe he blurted that statement out of frustration where he's telling Rafa you better change things, I can't do that all alone week in week out. Of course Rafa being the new boss takes no nonsense from anyone and he was shown the exit. Hence, let's be fair to Michael, look at his positives, he won us games and cups with his goals and kept us in the CL, we should not forget that as well and not to be quick to condemn him for leaving the club.

Look, he's already a legend at the club and let him come back and finish where he started and the man has been punished enough already so far. I'd rather take a risk on Michael as he will cost us next to nothing instead of paying say 5 to 6 mil on one so called potential striker, we have many of them already. At least Michael is a proven striker and if he can strike an understanding with Torres and free of injury, they'll be truely handful.

I just wonder at times if we had Michael in the team would we have won the league this year by turning some of the drawn games into victory by that odd goal? I honestly think so.

i think you are rewriting history a fair bit there.

Owen hung the club out to dry by hanging on to the end of his contract so that he would have a free choice of where to go. I don't blame him for it and he's done the same to Newcastle...he's made the rules work in his favour...pisses us off but it is pretty smart of him really.

But, I certainly wouldn't want us to give him another chance to screw us...maybe something like 20,000 per game plus another 10,000 per goal...no basic, take it or leave it.

Quick Reply