Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Kaka joins Real Madrid

Read 8381 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Kaka set to join Real Madrid
      Reply #69: Jun 04, 2009 11:49:25 am
      If they don't manage to get at least one out of the two they are going to look very foolish.

Perez needs to keep his gob shut though, he isn't doing himself any favours.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #70: Jun 04, 2009 11:59:11 am
      Just imagine how much money are they pumping into a player that they dont need, senseless signing this. Yes I reckon Kaka is a great player but what is the world getting to nowadays? One player for 65 million euros? I could easily have build a squad with that amount of money, and what's more a decent squad.

I'm sure at the moment one player like Kaka cannot make a huge impact than bringing in a few players of top quality, say 20 million euros each. Stupid really, splurging out on unwanted signings, considering the depth they have in their midfield (eg. Sneijder, Gago and the two Diarras).

This is the reason why Real will never win a sh*t. Just flash the cash into people's faces without even thinking of it. Anyway Perez, even before you say something, show me the money and show me the player.

What a waste of money this is, a disgrace to football especially at the recesssion hit time like this. I'm pretty sure Real have more intention to have people endorning Kaka on the back of their shirts than for pure footballing means. Pellegrino revealed as boss and in the first day and then makes a bid for Kaka, when obviously he has no in-depth knowledge of the Real players yet?? Idiots really.

That money could just go a long way in feeding poor people in Africa.. in such recession hit time, I can't see the reason for buying Kaka and certainly am certain they can't see it themselves, except to attract the shirt sales.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #71: Jun 08, 2009 04:20:14 pm
      Nearly a done deal.

TRANSFER TALK
      Kaka set to be confirmed as a Real Madrid player
      By Soccernet staff

June 8, 2009
      Brazil international Kaka is expected to be confirmed as a Real Madrid player on Monday after completing a medical.

Kaka, given permission to meet with Real officials between World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay and Paraguay, is believed to have already passed initial tests. His full medical was scheduled to take place a 9am local time, 1pm BST, at the national team's base in Recife.

Unless there are any unexpected problems then Kaka will be confirmed as Real's first signing following the return of Florentino Perez as club president.

The fee is reported to be £56m, which would smash the previous world record of £47 paid to Juventus by Real for Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

Chelsea were linked with an even bigger bid for Kaka last week but that was later denied by all parties.

The playmaker remains desperate to stay at the San Siro but the economic realities of such a huge transfer fee mean Milan are eager to do business in order to provide new boss Leonardo with transfer funds. Ironically, it was Leonardo who helped persuade Kaka to join Milan from São Paulo in 2003.

Dr Jose Luis Runco, on the medical team at Real, told Spanish newspaper AS that club doctor Juan Carlos Hernandez had met with Kaka to put the final touches to the deal.

But Real Madrid will have to wait before they can parade Kaka at the Santiago Bernabeu due to the 27-year-old's commitments with Brazil.

After entertaining Paraguay in Recife on Wednesday, Brazil begin their Confederations Cup campaign against Egypt next Monday and will be in action until June 28 if they make it through the tournament.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #72: Jun 08, 2009 06:12:22 pm
      He's been released for his medical apparently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8082147.stm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #73: Jun 08, 2009 06:16:07 pm
      From the link posted by BigRed;

Kaka edges closer to Madrid move

AC Milan playmaker Kaka moved a step closer to joining Real Madrid after undergoing a medical, according to the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF).

The 27-year-old was examined in Recife, where Brazil face Paraguay in a World Cup qualifier on Wednesday.

A CBF statement said: "The Brazilian team's technical staff agreed to a request from Kaka and the directors of Real Madrid and released the player.
      "The CBF accepted the role of making the logistical arrangements."

Returning Real president Florentino Perez was previously in charge of the Spanish club from 2000 to 2006 - during the famous Galacticos era that resulted in the spending of large fees to bring the likes of Ronaldo, David Beckham, Luis Figo and Zidane to the club.

Perez's comeback is on the back of a pledge to relaunch another Galacticos era, with Kaka known to be one of his chief targets.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #74: Jun 08, 2009 06:22:17 pm
      AC Milan can do some serious squad improvement with the amount they are getting for him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #75: Jun 08, 2009 06:25:53 pm
      AC Milan can do some serious squad improvement with the amount they are getting for him.

Yeah but they will just buy a load of old players. Wouldn't be surprised if the first thing they do is put an offer in for Beckham.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #76: Jun 08, 2009 06:26:08 pm

Yeah, they could put that big bid in for Dossena like that. ;)

£20 million would do.  :f_whistle:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #77: Jun 09, 2009 01:15:36 am
      The new Galactico era has begun, signed a 6 year deal.

Milan confirm Kaka Real deal

AC Milan have confirmed the sale of Kaka to Real Madrid in what is expected to be a world-record transfer.

The Brazil superstar was due to reveal the move at a press conference on Tuesday after undergoing a medical in his homeland.

However, the Serie A side have moved first to confirm the departure of the 27-year-old for the Bernabeu who has signed a six-year contract.

A statement on the Milan website read: "From next season, Kaka will play at Real Madrid.

"AC Milan thanked the man and the great champion Kaka for his decisive contribution to the many victories achieved in the six years of his commitment

"The loss of technique, while serious, can be remedied.

"It will be very difficult to fill the void that will be left by Kak, a shining example of professionalism, commitment and professionalism.

"AC Milan, (according to) the wishes of the managers, players and supporters of the Rossoneri, offer him the most cordial and affectionate wishes for the continuation of his sporting career."

Madrid also confirmed the deal on their website. "Kaka is a player of Real Madrid after an agreement with AC Milan," a statement read.

"The Brazilian footballer has now successfully passed all medical tests. Kaka has signed a contract for the next six seasons with Real Madrid."

The 27-year-old is currently with the Brazilian side on international duty.

Brazil face Paraguay in a World Cup qualifier on Wednesday after beating Uruguay 4-0 over the weekend.

More to follow...

Sky Sports.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Kaka joins Real Madrid
      Reply #78: Jun 09, 2009 07:07:06 am
      As ayrton said, i'm not even jealous, just abit dumbfounded that a bloke who will only offer 2-3 years of his absolute best (if he doesnt get injured etc.) will cost them 56 million pounds or whatever. Stupid, but hey, Madrid are a bunch of clowns.

Would love to see him get hurt or something in a friendly they organise to recoup some of the money in Asia :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #79: Jun 09, 2009 08:05:11 am
      Can't believe he went there and I can't believe Real Madrid.

Most of the players who have gone there end up having their lowest point of their career. Don't want to wish it upon him but oh well... he should know better!
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #80: Jun 09, 2009 08:26:34 am
      Now I hate Kaka. How could he leave Milan, where the fans love him? Well knowing Real Kaka will be back to Milan in winter :f_whistle:
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #81: Jun 09, 2009 11:26:22 am
      Now that they have spent loads on Kaka,I hope Xabi is out of their list.;)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #82: Jun 12, 2009 08:15:01 pm
      Poor Kaka, he was the most expensive player in the world for 2 days! :D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #83: Jun 12, 2009 08:37:30 pm
      Poor Kaka, he was the most expensive player in the world for 2 days! :D

Hope he still gets his certificate from the Guiness Records people. ;)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #84: Jun 13, 2009 12:47:31 am
      Hope he still gets his certificate from the Guiness Records people. ;)

He would probably still get it after Ronaldo, thats what awaits him at Real he'll always be second to Ronaldo!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #85: Jun 13, 2009 04:36:07 am
      Bravia are going to have to get rid off that commercial they do for their new super whiz LCD TV. You know the one where he is wearing his Milan kit, standing in a crowd watching himself do some tricks.

Sorry the thought just popped into my mind when I saw the commercial last night.  :-\
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #86: Jun 13, 2009 04:37:38 am
      Oh yes AussieRed, I saw that commercial as well. Always thought it was a boss one, but now with Kaka in a Real shirt I doubt Bravia would want him again, maybe they'll call on Gerrard?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #87: Jun 13, 2009 04:45:27 am
      I love the Carlsberg one of Pepe, Stevie, Cisse, Alonso and Carra. That one was class.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #88: Jun 13, 2009 05:38:13 am
       :ontopic: I don't thin Kaka had much of a choice , he wanted to stay at Milan but the only way that Milan would be able to buy new player s is by selling Kaka ...He even said himself that the best option for them was to sell Kaka ...so in a way he did the right thing and really helped the club that he loves .

Quick Reply