Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Tuncay (M'boro)

Read 13060 times
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: Tuncay (M'boro)
      Reply #23: Jun 04, 2009 12:14:04 pm
      To be honest, I would be quite happy if he joins us. He would be a typical Rafa signing : Talented, hard working, not fussy and can play in a variety of positions.

I will be glad if we can get him on the cheap.

If talent, a hardworker and not fussy is what you want then I rather Tevez!

Yes many will argue that Tuncay, as compared to Tevez, is a much cheaper option.

But however I really dont see the point of getting a support sriker, like I said it would just minimize the Gerrard effect on the team, especially considering the fact that hes the heartbeat and the fact that he makes things tick.

I'm certain that Rafa, just to accomdate a player who is trying to get out of a relegated club, will not alter his formation just to suit him. Its the same scenario as Keane really and I do hope he does not repeat his mistake.

What we really need, is a top quality back up striker, because Ngog for now isnt the one I would want on the bench, it looks more of a gamble rather than something that might change the game when its heading to draws, or losses. And yes, a clinical finisher in the mould of Torres, not another support striker because supports aren't mostly clinical.

So get in there Rafa I hope you don't make another gamble by signing this player, but instead a top quality backup clinical finisher who would willingly play backup to Torres.

Hard to find at the moment and hard to convince people to come to a club like this to sit on the bench, but maybe someone older at the age of 30-32 can just make the difference because they are still at the peak of their career, and also might be more than willing to sit on the bench. Look at Larsson's impact on the scum, says it all really.

And also will save us millions of pounds to make top quality signings on the other positions of the squad.
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 10 
      Reply #24: Jun 04, 2009 12:14:19 pm
      I think he be a clever signing TBH. He was one of the only respectable players in the Middlesborough team. In fact their fans sang during one match someething along the line that hes the only player in the team fit to wear the shirt. He has often scored spectacular goals for middlesboroough. He's got an outstanding work rate and would only benefit playing with superior players rahter playing in a team where he's the only decent player.

Obviously, he be a cheap singing and would be a SQUAD player. Yet I think he be a good option to have to come off the bench. If this is happening, this will not be our main signing. If signed for a low amount of money then obviously we will be splashing the cash elsewhere.
      9torres
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • lfc 4 lyf
      Reply #25: Jun 04, 2009 12:33:22 pm
      lets get him, need a good striker ; if not get roque santa cruz or even tevez!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #26: Jun 04, 2009 12:59:48 pm
      lets get him, need a good striker ; if not get roque santa cruz or even tevez!
      Exactly we need a good striker someone who can replace that crappy torres player. ::)
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #27: Jun 04, 2009 01:28:02 pm
      So get in there Rafa I hope you don't make another gamble by signing this player, but instead a top quality backup clinical finisher who would willingly play backup to Torres.

How many of those can you name which are realistic targets ?
      How many have the experience of playing in the league and the Champions league ?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #28: Jun 04, 2009 02:41:55 pm
      Well it depends, I like him as a player tbh. But anything over 3mill for me is too much out of the Silva fund. But I would still like to see him here if we have the cash
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #29: Jun 04, 2009 02:47:25 pm
      Decent player. I think he's done a few overhead kicks and that is not joke about his quality.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #30: Jun 04, 2009 04:22:34 pm
      A lot of comparisons to Yossi, which isn't a bad thing.

Problem is, we already have Yossi, do we really need two?

We could do with boltsering are bench...
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #31: Jun 04, 2009 04:25:53 pm
      We could do with boltsering are bench...

I agree with that.

It's just I'd prefer us to have at least one major signing confirmed for the first team before buying "squaddies".
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32: Jun 04, 2009 04:27:15 pm
      ^^^ Hear hear!
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #33: Jun 04, 2009 04:37:48 pm
      How many of those can you name which are realistic targets ?
      How many have the experience of playing in the league and the Champions league ?

Hard to find them at the moment, thats what I mentioned earlier.

But still not difficult to find, and that is when Rafa's player database of 14000 kicks in ;D
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #34: Jun 04, 2009 05:21:21 pm
      Decent player but it depends on the who is Rafa main target is, who Rafa is planning to sell and the price of the player in question.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35: Jun 04, 2009 06:39:53 pm
      Bloody hope this doesn't happen. Stevie has said himself that we need 2 or 3 quality signings and Tuncay would not be that. IMO he is just an average player that done reasonably well in a very poor Boro team, even then i don't think he was particularly great, much better players that we could get and i think Nemeth would do better than him to be honest.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #36: Jun 04, 2009 07:06:02 pm
      Ya Tuncay is decent but there was games last season he was on the bench for Middlesbrough. Look we are so close to the title its unreal buying players like Tuncay won't help. At the same time we are being linked to Tuncay Chelsea are being linked to Kaka.

Look Tuncay would be a good signing for Everton or maybe Spurs but we are Liverpool and have realistic ambitions of the league and champs league next year surely we have to be aiming for a better standard of player than this, what is the point of buying this lad for 6 or 7 million and then being unable to sign our many target because lack of finance. I bet you won't have any competion from any of the other top four for this lad or even from City. Look this window should be about quality not quantity.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #37: Jun 04, 2009 09:28:06 pm
      dont know much about the guy.. my mate is a m'boro fan and he rates him, said he would be good back up for Torres, im gonna look on youtube haha.

Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #38: Jun 04, 2009 10:06:30 pm
      Middlesbrough flop? He's their best player, bar none, he's their only decent player!

I don't see us getting Tuncay, in honesty. I think he's a good player, but maybe not top 4 quality. He'd be good for a club that's challenging for Europe. The likes of Fulham, Everton, Wigan et al.
      OptimusRobbo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 161 posts |
      Reply #39: Jun 04, 2009 10:10:09 pm
      Put this bloke in with players who can give him better service and support and i think you would all be suprised! hes not been a flop at boro at all.

If he was to understand he was there to act back up to torres and maybe cover on the wing sometime then we should get him!.

But i wouldnt pay more than 4,000,000 for him and maybe some reserves could go there to lower the figure! give them Itandje...4got how to spell his name and that clearly shows how importent he is at LFC ;D.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #40: Jun 04, 2009 11:11:07 pm

Wouldn't mind him as a squad player...

We need quality not quantity....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #41: Jun 06, 2009 01:36:10 pm
      We need more creativity off the bench. This lad is a decent player in our standards that could pick his game up like Yossi has. He seems to be very professional and could be one of those players that just lifts his game to the next level surrounded by players of better quality.

Not surprised if some dont favour the move but i would.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #42: Jun 07, 2009 05:38:26 pm
      Between Tuncay and Crouchie I'd take Tuncay every single time.
      Rate him.
      He was awesome in the Euro's.
      Real quality with strengths in all areas of his game....also he seems like a determined little b&stard!....he is a turk after all and they are pretty tough so and so's!
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #43: Jun 07, 2009 05:58:37 pm
      The thing is Tuncay, wouldn't be a prospect if we had the money to purchase whosoever we pleased. But because we don't have the money to flash, we find players like him. Not taking anything away from his game, just really and truly disappointed we have to turn to players like him.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #44: Jun 07, 2009 08:52:48 pm
      please, if we sign him, make sure its after we sign someone like silva or (i wish, i hope) villa. i will be very dissapointed if we come out of the transfer window with our top signing being from a club that got relegated. hes ok, but by god do we need someone better. that said, with the financial situation, nothing will surprise me at the moment..
      Danutz92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 07, 2009 10:54:08 pm
      Tuncay will be a good sign for lfc... he's very technical and can play as a striker,winger or attacking midfielder.

sorry for my english.. i'm from romania, but i strive to learn.

Quick Reply