Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Liverpool FC in severe financial trouble

Read 55798 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Liverpool FC in severe financial trouble
      Reply #207: Jun 21, 2009 05:58:28 pm
      Hope they're not doing this to keep up appearances to blag themselves in to another re-fianance!

Put some F***ing money in to the club you pricks or F**k off.  2 years of your bullshit is enough.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #208: Jun 21, 2009 06:09:36 pm
      I agree Court. They either use that money to pull us out me debt or they F**k off. Simple as.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #209: Jun 21, 2009 06:18:54 pm
      Hope it's an RBS requirement to release some assets and reduce the financial burden but I'm guessing it's only part of what's required and what about Hicks contribution!!!  :f_steam:
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #210: Jun 21, 2009 10:16:53 pm
      Cheers RedPuppy, how do you do that btw like get the text so it can be seen not as a link but an article.
      nesayir
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -2 
      Reply #211: Jun 21, 2009 10:57:46 pm
      liverpool would never fold
      KumoZing
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #212: Jun 21, 2009 11:00:02 pm
      Wish them cun*s would just fuc* off and go home. Hate is not strong enough word.

Football 365 says Gillete is selling NHL team to finance LFC costs. Dunno what to believe. They say Masch is a done deal. And ehm.. a little story about Torress going and Rafa not being able to so anything about it. I have to stop going onto that site, its seriously begginin to depress me.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #213: Jun 21, 2009 11:07:59 pm
      Wish them cun*s would just fuc* off and go home. Hate is not strong enough word.

Football 365 says Gillete is selling NHL team to finance LFC costs. Dunno what to believe. They say Masch is a done deal. And ehm.. a little story about Torress going and Rafa not being able to so anything about it. I have to stop going onto that site, its seriously begginin to depress me.

On the contrary i just had quite a laugh. "Chelsea joining in 18mil battle for Alonso"
      18mil? You have got to be kidding me!!!

Furthermore, the complete lack of any quotes from Rafa or anyone credible to back up Rafas so called fears of our financial position makes me think that we needn't worry about the crap writtin there
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #214: Jun 22, 2009 10:18:20 am
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #215: Jun 22, 2009 11:29:03 am

For those wondering, it's the article about Middle Eastern businessmen buying into a Premiership club.

For the moment there's no link to us, and there is a thread going in the General Football Forum:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=19071.0
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #216: Jun 23, 2009 10:51:25 am
      Check the Hicks and Gillett thread.

Looks like the bas**rds have the money from the banks .
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #217: Jun 23, 2009 11:53:18 am
      Cheers RedPuppy, how do you do that btw like get the text so it can be seen not as a link but an article.

Just done a "How To"
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=13243.msg366002#msg366002
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #218: Jun 23, 2009 11:55:45 am
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #219: Jun 23, 2009 12:55:48 pm
      (news) Whoooooo!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #220: Jun 23, 2009 01:54:17 pm
      BBC News
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8114377.stm

Liverpool close to bank debt deal  

The club's owners are having to sell assets in the US
      Liverpool Football Club - which owes two banks £350m - is close to renegotiating its debt with the Royal Bank of Scotland, the BBC has learnt.

RBS has told club owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett the debt, due to be repaid in July, will be refinanced.

BBC business editor Robert Peston says RBS will insist on significant payments in the subsequent six months.

It comes as Portsmouth's defender Glen Johnson has agreed to join Liverpool in a £17.5m move.

Lending agreement

Our business editor says the good news for Liverpool FC supporters is that the club is not about to go bust.

The club borrowed too much; and it now has to tighten its belt, pay down debt and endeavour to live within its means

Robert Peston, BBC business editor

Read Robert's blog in full  
      "I understand that Royal Bank of Scotland has told its two billionaire owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks, that their £350m debt - which falls due for repayment on 24 July and is owed to Royal Bank and Wachovia of the US - will be refinanced.

"A new lending agreement will be put on place."

A spokesman for the US pair would not comment on the development.

The other bank owed money, Wachovia, has yet to make any announcement.

US sales

Latest accounts show Kop Holdings, the parent company of the Anfield club, lost £42.6m in the year to August 2008.

The RBS revelation comes days after Liverpool co-owner George Gillett agreed to sell one of his major assets in a deal which would ease financial pressures at the Premier League club.

He is selling his 80% stake in the NHL's Montreal Canadiens ice hockey team, in a deal reported to be worth at least $550m (£332.9m).

His fellow Liverpool owner, Mr Hicks, has also been looking to sell off elements of his own sporting empire - which includes Major League Baseball's Texas Rangers and the NHL's Dallas Stars.

The sales will help provide financial guarantees to RBS and Wachovia that Mr Gillett and Mr Hicks have funds available for the operation of the football business.

'Commercial acumen'

Meanwhile, the club has appointed a new managing director, Christian Purslow, as overall manager of the club until a new chief executive is in place.

Mr Purslow will represent owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks and liaise with manager Rafael Benitez on his summer transfer dealings.

He is an executive board member and co-founder of private equity firm Mid Ocean Partners.

"His strategic and commercial acumen will be a real asset and we're delighted that he has made a long term commitment to the club," Mr Gillett said.

StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Liverpool debts to be extended/ refinanced
      Reply #221: Jun 23, 2009 02:36:54 pm
      I'm not 100% on the situation as it is but here's something which may make the times seem a bit easier.
      From BBC News

Liverpool close to bank debt deal 

The club's owners are having to sell assets in the US
      Liverpool Football Club - which owes two banks £350m - is close to renegotiating its debt with the Royal Bank of Scotland, the BBC has learnt.

RBS has told club owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett the debt, due to be repaid in July, will be refinanced.

BBC business editor Robert Peston says RBS will insist on significant payments in the subsequent six months.

It comes as Portsmouth's defender Glen Johnson has agreed to join Liverpool in a £17.5m move.

Lending agreement

Our business editor says the good news for Liverpool FC supporters is that the club is not about to go bust.

The club borrowed too much; and it now has to tighten its belt, pay down debt and endeavour to live within its means

Robert Peston, BBC business editor

Read Robert's blog in full 
      "I understand that Royal Bank of Scotland has told its two billionaire owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks, that their £350m debt - which falls due for repayment on 24 July and is owed to Royal Bank and Wachovia of the US - will be refinanced.

"A new lending agreement will be put on place."

A spokesman for the US pair would not comment on the development.

The other bank owed money, Wachovia, has yet to make any announcement.

US sales

Latest accounts show Kop Holdings, the parent company of the Anfield club, lost £42.6m in the year to August 2008.

The RBS revelation comes days after Liverpool co-owner George Gillett agreed to sell one of his major assets in a deal which would ease financial pressures at the Premier League club.

He is selling his 80% stake in the NHL's Montreal Canadiens ice hockey team, in a deal reported to be worth at least $550m (£332.9m).

His fellow Liverpool owner, Mr Hicks, has also been looking to sell off elements of his own sporting empire - which includes Major League Baseball's Texas Rangers and the NHL's Dallas Stars.

The sales will help provide financial guarantees to RBS and Wachovia that Mr Gillett and Mr Hicks have funds available for the operation of the football business.

'Commercial acumen'

Meanwhile, the club has appointed a new managing director, Christian Purslow, as overall manager of the club until a new chief executive is in place.

Mr Purslow will represent owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks and liaise with manager Rafael Benitez on his summer transfer dealings.

He is an executive board member and co-founder of private equity firm Mid Ocean Partners.

"His strategic and commercial acumen will be a real asset and we're delighted that he has made a long term commitment to the club," Mr Gillett said.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #222: Jun 23, 2009 03:46:25 pm
      The owners here are told they must live within their needs, if that's the case the 30 mill to be paid back each year will take up any profit we make or don't make. This year we made an 11 mill profit and a 42 mill loss, by my maths we owe 31 mill before we even start to think of buying any players plus the 30 mill to be paid for the loan, that makes a pay back in total of 61 mill. Pay that back and then we can start buying players, it wont work, by the time we pay of the loan we shall be in the championship playing the likes of Scunthorpe (no disrespect to them intended) and by then the debt will grow as many sponsors will not back a club with big bucks in the lower leagues. I'll eat my hat if these two do anything other than drag us down, they do not nor ever will understand how a European club works....
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #223: Jun 23, 2009 07:38:09 pm
      RBS are not stupid (yes they are greedy bas*ards) but they have refinanced the two American clowns in order they do not kill the Goose that lays the Golden Egg (ie me, you and all the other LFC fans who love the club!!) Lets hope that the refinancing will persuade them to sell up and sail off into the Mersey and sink !!!
      Dumb and Dumber say they are looking for additional investors/partners...;D who on earth would enter into a partnership or invest in any company that has these two muppets running the show, they cant even get along with each other let alone a third party. And their clear financial mis-management is out there for all to see so I dont see anyone becoming involved in the club unless it it involves the complete purchase of the club with no ongoing relationship with H&G.

And that boat may have already sailed

Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #224: Jun 23, 2009 07:47:32 pm
      Will this not put us in further debt because they are giving us another loan or have i mis-understood?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 2799 
      Reply #225: Jun 23, 2009 07:58:54 pm
      Will this not put us in further debt because they are giving us another loan or have I mis-understood?

I'd say refinancing this loan will probably see us in more debt and more problems this time next year.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #226: Jun 23, 2009 08:00:02 pm
      I'd say refinancing this loan will probably see us in more debt and more problems this time next year.

:mad: Cheers for cheering me up mate
      musu
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -1 
      Reply #227: Jun 23, 2009 08:07:13 pm
      they should ask the american government for a bailout just like our illustrious auto industry :lmao:
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #228: Jun 23, 2009 10:19:45 pm
      But by next year we would have a sh*t load more cash from winning the champo league and prem meaning some would be saved and could be used to pay some debts.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #229: Jun 24, 2009 12:38:09 pm
      But by next year we would have a sh*t load more cash from winning the champo league and prem meaning some would be saved and could be used to pay some debts.

;)

Seriously though, is anyone else as angry as me? RBS have not only ignored their own interests in securing payments for a big loan right now, but they have given us the snub in pleading for some decency.

F**k you, RBS. Hope you shitheads get your money and then crumble.

Quick Reply