Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool FC in severe financial trouble

Read 55979 times
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: Liverpool FC in severe financial trouble
      Reply #184: Jun 09, 2009 07:24:06 pm
      If the Marx Bros.wanted their money back in a sale, they got no chance of getting it, whoever comes in will have another bill to find so how the hell do they think they can sell this club at a profit. Where that leaves us has me wondering, I did think he wasn't a stupid man, but which ever way you look it's not good. I wonder how much he wants to lose, the longer he hangs on waiting, the more the payments will rise, until their is nothing left to sell, by that time we shall be just another club in trouble....sell now before you lose it all.......
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #185: Jun 09, 2009 08:52:43 pm
      So we' being shafted by the politicians, we're being shafted on all fronts by the club's owners and Rafa is expected to win competitions while not on a level playing field in the transfer/wages market.Someone once said that the next revolution would start on the streets of Liverpool.I for one can believe that.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #186: Jun 09, 2009 11:29:19 pm
      I for one really hope these wankers F**k off back to baseball land! Hicks & Gillet do not deserve anything but contempt. They have ruined this club and we can only hope that another investor is waiting in the wings to save the club. After an excellent season, when we should now be strengthening the squad, it seems quite sad that we may have to sell players before we can buy.

At the end of last season i honestly thought that this season we would go one better than the scum and retain our rightful place at the top of the league title chart. I wake up every day now, dreading what i'm going to read in the papers. Villa, Tevez, Johnson, Lavezzi, Silva? Are we going to lose them? Will Alonso stay? I really hope so as in my mind he is irreplacable. How did it come to this?

Hicks and Gillet should do the decent thing and sell the club to people who are capable of running it and who care about the club. They will never make a profit now, if anyone does buy the club, they are buying the debt as well. DIC, i hope you're lurking in the background, ready to pounce. We can only hope, fingers crossed eh?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #187: Jun 09, 2009 11:37:06 pm
      Welcome hardcoresoldier we're all troubled at the moment but have faith in Rafa he's worked the miracle before and he'll do it again. Remember, manager world class, owners no class.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #188: Jun 10, 2009 09:43:50 pm
      Thanks for the welcome RedRoy. I'm with you on Rafa mate, he is pure genius. But the longer he has to wait for funds and if he has to sell before he can buy, then i fear his main targets will be snapped up by the likes of Chelski, Wadchester City and UnReal Madrid! >:(

I'm glad we didn't sign Barry, when he said "I will only leave Villa to pursue Champions League football", he actually meant, anyone offers me a hundred grand a week and i'm off! :lmao:
      Infamous
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #189: Jun 10, 2009 10:55:33 pm
      Dumb and Dumber say they are looking for additional investors/partners...;D who on earth would enter into a partnership or invest in any company that has these two muppets running the show, they cant even get along with each other let alone a third party. And their clear financial mis-management is out there for all to see so I dont see anyone becoming involved in the club unless it it involves the complete purchase of the club with no ongoing relationship with H&G.

And that boat may have already sailed

RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #190: Jun 11, 2009 12:12:59 am
      Top post Infamous, very succintly put. The eventual outcome of this saga will either be the yanks clinging to control at increased cost to the club or a buyout at the value of debt that is on the club, and not necessarily by the most suitable owners. I for one fear for the worse.
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #191: Jun 11, 2009 09:01:05 pm
      The whole world of football has gone stark raving mad !! You only have to take a look at the Ronaldo transfer saga of Real Madrid who are willing to pay £80+ million for him at £200G per week.
      Where the hell will it all end?......... in tears I bet, not just for us as a club but the whole of football!!
      Surely it cannot go on like this.
      I have a feeling that we will end up with the Champions League as being a Europeon style  Premiership with the top four teams of each country battling it out on a league basis.
      How can it be fair for English clubs be competing on a basis of getting only £50 million each on Sky subscriptions be competing with the likes of  Real Madrid and Barcelona who command in excess of £140 million per year from TV rights (no wonder Barcelona can afford not to have sponsorship on their club shirts).
      The only other way that LFC can compete (and other English clubs) is to do what Real Madrid and Barcelona have done is to have exclusive TV rights and cut adrift of the stranglehold Sky Sports have on the game of football.
      Comments very welcome?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #192: Jun 11, 2009 10:07:56 pm
      Ive already posted that in a business "expenses" are paid to who claims them as being Tax Free.
      Its a dodge for getting money out of a business without paying tax on it!

So whatever theyve taken out then add 40% if it had been taxable.

I wonder what loans elsewhere they are paying with the "expenses" taken out?
      Or to what Cayman Islands account that has been sucked out of LFC ?

NB
      While we are talking about the financial insanity of Ladyboy Ronaldo.....did anyone notice in January what side of his crashed Ferrari the steering wheel was?
      Left.

Of course he wasnt going to Spain.     Fergie Said It Didnt He ?  We must believe Sir Rudolf and all he says.  . :lmao:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #193: Jun 12, 2009 10:12:02 am
      According to the BBC,
      "OTHER GOSSIP
      DELETED by me another fast one by the BBC they are going to need watching

« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2009 10:44:55 am by RedPuppy »
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #194: Jun 12, 2009 10:46:31 am
      It really pisses me off what these wa**s have done to this club.A club that is so full of history and tradition has now become the laughing stock of the premiership.Scum united have been linked with the likes of Ribery,Benzema,Valencia and the signing of Tevez while we have been linked with Tuncay,Wheater,Downing and a few other not worthy to play for Liverpool players.Every other EPL club is only going forward yet we are sprinting backwards.No new stadium,no transfer money,350 million pounds in debt.How do we expect to win trophies with these to F***ing clowns in control.
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #195: Jun 12, 2009 12:52:41 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #196: Jun 12, 2009 12:58:55 pm
      Not too sure, it means we keep H&G, so may not be the best thing, what are the intrest  payments and the conditions?
      If we can not pay back the first loan, then the second loan, what makes you so sure we can pay this third loan?

Liverpool secure loan to refinance club and top players look safe
      Liverpool's owners have secured a £350million loan to refinance the club, after pledging more funds for Anfield.

That will allow manager Rafa Benitez to resist a Spanish armada trying to tempt three of his top stars away from Anfield.

Barcelona are desperate to land midfielder Javier Mascherano, and have also been linked with unsettled Yossi Benayoun while Real Madrid will try to seduce Xabi Alonso back to Spain after their dramatic world-record swoop yesterday for Ronaldo.
      But Liverpool co-owner George Gillett has found a £200million buyer for his Montreal Canadiens ice hockey franchise.

And with Tom Hicks also close to selling half his stake in the Texas Rangers baseball franchise, the pair have been told that the refinancing with the Royal Bank of Scotland and American bank Wachoiva is a formality

The Mirror
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #197: Jun 12, 2009 01:05:48 pm
      Finally!
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      Reply #198: Jun 12, 2009 01:24:38 pm
      Not too sure, it means we keep H&G, so may not be the best thing, what are the intrest  payments and the conditions?
      If we can not pay back the first loan, then the second loan, what makes you so sure we can pay this third loan?

Liverpool secure loan to refinance club and top players look safe
      Liverpool's owners have secured a £350million loan to refinance the club, after pledging more funds for Anfield.

That will allow manager Rafa Benitez to resist a Spanish armada trying to tempt three of his top stars away from Anfield.

Barcelona are desperate to land midfielder Javier Mascherano, and have also been linked with unsettled Yossi Benayoun while Real Madrid will try to seduce Xabi Alonso back to Spain after their dramatic world-record swoop yesterday for Ronaldo.
      But Liverpool co-owner George Gillett has found a £200million buyer for his Montreal Canadiens ice hockey franchise.

And with Tom Hicks also close to selling half his stake in the Texas Rangers baseball franchise, the pair have been told that the refinancing with the Royal Bank of Scotland and American bank Wachoiva is a formality

The Mirror

Very true. It's a matter of relativity. We seem to be getting deeper and deeper and debt, and winning less and less trophies. Perhaps if Mr Gillett and Hicks decided to stop acting like petulant school boys not wanting to share their marbles and sell teh club to someone who gives a damn, we may be able to save our beautiful club!!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #199: Jun 12, 2009 01:47:17 pm
      F**k me, RBS just do not listen do they?

Mind you after the recent debacle of SOS, I wouldn't expect them to. :-\
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      Reply #200: Jun 12, 2009 01:49:08 pm
      F**k me, RBS just do not listen do they?

Mind you after the recent debacle of SOS, I wouldn't expect them to. :-\

I'm really sorry to be ignorant, but I'm in Australia so all this talk ot RBS doesn't make any sense to me, would you mind telling me whats going on so I can understand better also?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #201: Jun 12, 2009 02:04:57 pm
      I'm really sorry to be ignorant, but I'm in Australia so all this talk ot RBS doesn't make any sense to me, would you mind telling me whats going on so I can understand better also?

Why not try reading through the thread, and the one about Hicks and Gillett?

Without meaning to be rude, if we had to outline all the important events surrounding the club the every new person who joined the forum, we wouldn't get very far.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #202: Jun 12, 2009 02:28:55 pm
      Well if they want us back on side give Rafa the money to buy Silva and get some hard pressed brickies of the dole into Stanley park and get building a new stadium.
      clarey33
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #203: Jun 14, 2009 05:20:01 pm
      What t*****S, still willing to pay the price of a ticket though!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #204: Jun 16, 2009 01:29:09 pm
      Just posted similar thing on the Glen Johnson Thread.

"WE" are in severe financial trouble but Portsmouth owe us £7m from the Crouch deal which was worth what was it £10m.

So they owe 70% of the payment. At what interest rate? This is a joke. Just take Crouch back, get the F***ing bailiffs in NOW FFS
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #205: Jun 21, 2009 05:43:52 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #206: Jun 21, 2009 05:54:13 pm

Liverpool owner agrees NHL sale
      Liverpool co-owner George Gillett is to sell one of his major assets in a deal which could ease financial pressures at the Premier League club.
      He is selling his stake in the NHL's Montreal Canadiens in a deal reported to be worth at least $550m (£332.9m).

Mr Gillett, and fellow Liverpool owner Tom Hicks, have until 24 July to repay £350m they owe to RBS and Wachovia.

Latest accounts show Kop Holdings, the parent company of the Anfield club, lost £42.6m in the year to August 2008.

Interest payments on loans accounted for £36.5m of Kop's losses.

Other assets

Mr Gillett put the Canadiens up for sale earlier this year, and the deal includes his 80% stake in the team, the Bell Centre arena, and the Gillett Entertainment Group.

They are being bought by brewing giants, the Molson family, who already own the remaining 20% share.

Mr Hicks has also been looking to sell off elements of his own sporting empire - which include Major League Baseball's Texas Rangers and the NHL's Dallas Stars.

The pair bought Liverpool in February 2007 and since then have squabbled with each other, alienated some fans, failed to progress with a promised new stadium, and seen potential sales of the club fall away.

There have been many questions surrounding the future of the £350m loans, after the repayment deadline was extended for six months this January.

Liverpool were put on the market last year with a reported asking price of about £500m, but no sale was finalised.
      There you go StevieG123, but this is being "discussed" on the Hicks & Gillet thread.

Quick Reply