Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Direct action against the owners now. Take Part!

Read 28667 times
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: Direct action against the owners, now!! Take part.
      Reply #69: Jun 07, 2009 05:30:21 am
      Now our hope is that Holliday does not get these mails filtered out, lets just hope one gets into his mailbox and he reads it.

Just before he was thinking of going on a holiday.. He's got a few million mails to reply to.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #70: Jun 07, 2009 08:11:03 am
      This is what I wrote in my letter

Dear Mr. Holliday,

I would like to inform you and any others connected with the Royal Bank of Scotland to not support funds for the owners of our beloved football club as they are driving us into massive amount of debt. It is giving all of us, Liverpool F.C supporters around the world, a hard time just thinking about the long-term future of our club.

We have doubled our debts since last season and it totals to around £400 million and due to these debts we have less money to spend on financing the clubs needs like for example: New Players, A New Stadium, and such other funds.

If these debts are not eased in the near future our long term participation in such tournaments such as the champions’ league can be terminated due to the amount of debt we are in right now.

As a passionate supporter of Liverpool Football Club, though living thousands of miles away from Anfeild, clearly, serious action must take place and I feel, like many Of the Liverpool supporters sending you these e-mails, that you and others in connection with the Royal Bank Of Scotland must not refinance Tom Hicks and George Gillette .

Thank you for your consideration and I hope that you recognize the passion of the supporters that drive this club and do the correct thing.

Yours Sincerely,

What do you guys think ?

Sent with hope from India . He probably wont read it but I fell great just doing my part for the club I love .  Hope this works out and those Americans are out of club ASAP!
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2009 10:34:41 am by niksluvslfc »
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #71: Jun 07, 2009 08:21:49 am
      Well done niksluvslfc, good effort. ;)

The more emails the better ;)
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #72: Jun 07, 2009 11:31:31 am
      I did E-mail him. That's why i found it funny. He's getting literally spammed.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #73: Jun 07, 2009 12:08:29 pm
      Well done people, i have sent, but these banks obviously dont give a sh*t about nothing except money anyway, dont think they care.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #74: Jun 07, 2009 01:59:56 pm
      Well done people, I have sent, but these banks obviously dont give a sh*t about nothing except money anyway, dont think they care.

Nevermind, hopefully who knows he is a Liverpool fan as well, and will be doing everything in his power :D

Anyway, is spamming permitted at Holliday's email??
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #75: Jun 07, 2009 02:01:58 pm
      Nevermind, hopefully who knows he is a Liverpool fan as well, and will be doing everything in his power :D

Anyway, is spamming permitted at Holliday's email??

I'm assuming it's a public enquiry email anyway. They're now owned by the government anyway so technically we all own RBS. :D
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #76: Jun 07, 2009 02:06:16 pm
      So doesnt it means that you all have a say in RBS as well?

Think its a private mail, cause if not there woulnd't be a name on it unless he is the Public Relations Officer or something along those lines.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #77: Jun 07, 2009 03:15:19 pm
      How many of emailed the MP?

I haven't and have no intention to because it'll make no difference in my opinion. Politicians will just try and sod you off with the typical "we appreciate your concern but..."
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #78: Jun 07, 2009 03:20:20 pm
      How many of emailed the MP?

I haven't and have no intention to because it'll make no difference in my opinion. Politicians will just try and sod you off with the typical "we appreciate your concern but..."

Where's that shotgun mate!
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #79: Jun 07, 2009 03:20:32 pm
      Will send them a letter!!
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #80: Jun 07, 2009 03:25:01 pm
      Same, may consider sending them a letter on thursday. Have to go off for a camp on Tuesday and won't be back till Thursday afternoon, so miss me mates ;D
      annealicia
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #81: Jun 07, 2009 06:06:15 pm
      Email and letter was immediately written upon my return from work on Friday - Both should be waiting for him tomorrow along with I hope many thousands of others
      annealicia
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #82: Jun 07, 2009 06:17:11 pm
      Having read some of the posts and knowing Mr Hollidays type of business - I am hoping that those who emailed - changed the title in such a way that it looked like an ordinary business email - that way whatever filters the bank has in place will not treat is as spam.

Just put the subject line in as though it was an ordinary banking request.  Also my email and letter was written in such a way that although it concerning Liverpool Football Club, I suggested that he forgot his business links and thought about whatever club or sport he supported, he was to think about if they were in the same position.  Who knows it may work, it may not.

I have also written to my local MP - I have spoken to her several times and know that she will speak to people about it. People may think that it will do no good but like the bank, the more letters they get, spam or otherwise it will be picked up and someone will do something
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #83: Jun 08, 2009 03:01:47 am
      So doesnt it means that you all have a say in RBS as well?

Think its a private mail, cause if not there woulnd't be a name on it unless he is the Public Relations Officer or something along those lines.

Or info@RBS.co.uk I am pretty sure it's private. and I hope whoever got the e-mail address is sure the guy has to do with our problem. Because if not, it would be epic fail.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #84: Jun 08, 2009 03:22:23 am
      I think this richard mate is going to be very pissed after the weekend with his mail spammed ;D

I did E-mail him. That's why i found it funny. He's getting literally spammed.

Or info@RBS.co.uk I am pretty sure it's private. and I hope whoever got the e-mail address is sure the guy has to do with our problem. Because if not, it would be epic fail.

Firstly I fail to see anything funny about this situation. Somebody gets spammed by emails? Hardly a rib tickling joke especially when the spam is in a cause as worthy and important as this.

Secondly, whatever the outcome from the RBS, the emails won't be an epic fail because their attention has been alerted on a mass scale. In all situations like this, gaining the attention is always the first step. These things don't happen over night, they take weeks, months and sometimes years to get the right result. Whatever the outcome, the fans of this great club can be proud of themselves because of what they've achieved. We are just one forum dedicated to Liverpool Football Club of god knows how many and look how many emails have been sent from one forum. I'm sure there'll be many other Liverpool forums doing their part as well as other forums that are dedicated to other subjects will be spreading the word. The word will be spread by mouth as well, with so many non-forum Liverpool fans (me dad being one of them) sending their personal emails.

So again, this won't be an epic fail by any stretch of the imagination. The emails may not be enough to convince the RBS (hopefully they will) but the next step and the next step and the next step will get the message across.

To be perfectly honest I'm getting a little sick and tired of your attitude towards this situation.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #85: Jun 08, 2009 03:28:12 am
      Well said DLS.

In no case it will be a epic fail, if not why did the SOS asked all fans to do this? Little by little anything is possible, when this Richard mate comes back to work today fingers crossed the mails are not filtered out of his email, but he would get a real, long hard look at one of them, and then just look down at the other thousands send to him to see fans go to what extent to save their club.

If you found it an epic fail then why you sent the mail to Richard in the first place?
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #86: Jun 08, 2009 07:01:11 am
      Done,hope it sinks into Mr Holidays head.Everything little thing we can do WE MUST.
      DMS
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #87: Jun 08, 2009 10:32:06 am
      just sent my email, all my mates are doing the same, utd, chelsea, villa, arsenal fans, at the end of the day we're all football fans
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #88: Jun 08, 2009 11:52:49 am
      Mail sent

Come on RBS do the right thing
      tizmawpux
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #89: Jun 08, 2009 02:54:47 pm
      too right yanks out now :f_steam:
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #90: Jun 08, 2009 02:56:39 pm
      Sending my letter on thursday. Just need to get it printed out and I'm gonna get the point right into their faces (well hopefully).
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #91: Jun 08, 2009 06:57:03 pm
      Would love to have seen Mr Holliday's face when he opened his emails this morning  :D :D

Quick Reply