Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Rugby

Read 120017 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Rugby
      Reply #345: Sep 26, 2015 02:45:38 pm
      How much do you stand to win if England become champions?

I don't know, it is up to my boss - she promised a prize which "will not disappoint". I don't think it's anything very significant really (not prize money), I'd expect something like a mascot or whatever :D :D

I'm still more inclined to want Wales to win tonight, just for the fun of it!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #346: Sep 26, 2015 02:51:48 pm
      I don't know, it is up to my boss - she promised a prize which "will not disappoint". I don't think it's anything very significant really (not prize money), I'd expect something like a mascot or whatever :D :D

I'm still more inclined to want Wales to win tonight, just for the fun of it!

Gonna be a stonker of a match! I think England v Wales is the biggest rivalry in the northern hemisphere. And I love the Welsh fans as well - amongst the very best fans in sport.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #347: Sep 26, 2015 03:01:32 pm
      Gonna be a stonker of a match! I think England v Wales is the biggest rivalry in the northern hemisphere. And I love the Welsh fans as well - amongst the very best fans in sport.

I'd love to see one of Wales, Ireland or Scotland to win the World Cup. Anyone of them would make me happy, although I must admit Ireland has always been my international side of preference... it's a shame they have too few Munster players these days though!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #348: Sep 26, 2015 05:41:53 pm
      Samoan number 6 is an animal
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #349: Sep 26, 2015 07:02:43 pm
      This has to be said - that Paloma Faith rendition of World In Union (which is a piece of corporate sh*t music anyway) on ITV is apocalyptically atrocious. How many syllables does she need to sing a one syllable word? It sounds worse than a cat being strangled.Also where would she be if she didn't have the BBC endlessly promoting her on their own sh*te entertainment shows?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #350: Sep 26, 2015 07:57:48 pm
      One of my biggest problems with rugby union is the melodrama of the pre match events. Is there a need for all these pyrotechnics, the Gladiator theme tunes, the light show? No.

Football doesn't feel the need to do that because football IS the show!

All kind of cringeworthy.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #351: Sep 26, 2015 08:23:26 pm
      Cymru am byth! Twll dîn pob Sais!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #352: Sep 26, 2015 08:28:48 pm
      This is where rugby league becomes so much more enjoyable than union to me. All scores so far, apart from the drop goal, came from stupid penalties usually resulting from those goddamn boring scrums. It seems harder for a scrum NOT to end up with a penalty than the other way around.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #353: Sep 26, 2015 09:58:45 pm
      Unbelievable result considering the Welsh were on their feet with injuries but oh so naive by England, that penalty kick chance with 3 mins to go........!
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #354: Sep 26, 2015 10:03:27 pm
      England hand Wales a victory. Old enemy? No chance. Must be best buddies with that gift! ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #355: Sep 26, 2015 10:05:07 pm
      What a classic
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #356: Sep 27, 2015 02:26:13 am
      To say om happy  would be an indersstment  im fckin drunk on adrenalin   do not play that down tonight  I dond give a sh*t if some of you dont rate it to us little fckers in the valleys thats one right up yours  and im fckin  one proud taffy  .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #357: Sep 28, 2015 10:24:35 pm
      Looks like England will be going out in the group stages which would a bit of a disaster for the tournament.
      If they are to beat Australia they need to change the mindset of trying not to lose.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #358: Sep 28, 2015 10:27:49 pm
      Looks like England will be going out in the group stages which would a bit of a disaster for the tournament.
      If they are to beat Australia they need to change the mindset of trying not to lose.

I get what you mean but if they were "trying not to lose" against Wales they would have gone for the 3 points and got a draw instead of keep pushing for a try near the end of the game.

Right now it does look like they'll be going out at group stage, but it is not a given, they could well beat Australia which, in the case of Australia beating Wales, could make things very interesting!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #359: Sep 28, 2015 10:34:15 pm
      I get what you mean but if they were "trying not to lose" against Wales they would have gone for the 3 points and got a draw instead of keep pushing for a try near the end of the game.

Right now it does look like they'll be going out at group stage, but it is not a given, they could well beat Australia which, in the case of Australia beating Wales, could make things very interesting!

Summed up perfectly by the ex NZ coach Graham Henry.

"Modern Test rugby at the highest level is all about the final 20 minutes, the part of the game when a team finds out about itself. What I could not understand from the start was why England did not play. In the second half, I cannot remember them getting behind Wales. A team that had ripped defences apart in the Six Nations failed to attack. Why? Because they set out not to lose rather than to win?"
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #360: Oct 02, 2015 06:18:14 pm
      A tough win last night , the first time I've thought our injury problem has caught up with us , biggest hole is absolutely  no flair in the centre , we could still crash out in this group  I'm hoping not but wouldn't be surprised , here's  hoping the Aussies do us a big favour tomorrow .
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #361: Oct 02, 2015 06:46:29 pm
      A tough win last night , the first time I've thought our injury problem has caught up with us , biggest hole is absolutely  no flair in the centre , we could still crash out in this group  I'm hoping not but wouldn't be surprised , here's  hoping the Aussies do us a big favour tomorrow .

Gonna be a great game, England playing for their lives at home, should be fun no matter which way it goes! I sure do hope Wales will qualify though
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #362: Oct 02, 2015 08:12:23 pm
      Gonna be a great game, England playing for their lives at home, should be fun no matter which way it goes! I sure do hope Wales will qualify though
      Should be another cracker which ever way it goes looking forward to it .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #363: Oct 03, 2015 08:15:31 pm
      Tense start but they look up for it. Penalty from Scrum.to England. rugby has become extremely technical these days
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #364: Oct 03, 2015 08:36:18 pm
      It'd be good if we could pick the ball out of the air without always knocking it on.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #365: Oct 03, 2015 08:41:17 pm
      17-3. England haven't been anywhere near Australia's goal line all game.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,435 posts | 3418 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #366: Oct 03, 2015 08:43:56 pm
      It's clearly all sam burgess's fault
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #367: Oct 03, 2015 08:45:03 pm
      Ha ha! If you think Liverpool are bad of late go and watch England at rugby and you'll feel much better!

Quick Reply