Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Rugby

Read 119578 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Re: Rugby
      Reply #437: Oct 18, 2015 06:39:30 pm
      Bad day for is Irish and I was gutted for the Scots.

Really thought they'd clinched it with that last try.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #438: Oct 18, 2015 07:15:36 pm
      Great stuff Australia. Deserved that.

Not sure they deserved it, felt we were the better team for the majority of the game.

It was a bad lineout that cost us the game, can blame the ref all we want but have to be smarter in that situation. Still proud as hell of that performance. Bright future ahead for us.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #439: Oct 18, 2015 08:03:46 pm
      Not sure they deserved it, felt we were the better team for the majority of the game.

It was a bad lineout that cost us the game, can blame the ref all we want but have to be smarter in that situation. Still proud as hell of that performance. Bright future ahead for us.

I didn't even watch it mate. Just casting my line ;)
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #440: Oct 18, 2015 08:22:28 pm
      I didn't even watch it mate. Just casting my line ;)

You're toying with my emotions :'(
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #441: Oct 18, 2015 08:25:29 pm
      Scotland robbed by a incompetent referee who also handed the WC to New Zealand 4 years ago against the French.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #442: Oct 18, 2015 08:38:53 pm
      Scotland robbed by a incompetent referee who also handed the WC to New Zealand 4 years ago against the French.

I heard he ran down the tunnel after the full time whistle was blown.

What a c**t.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #443: Oct 18, 2015 08:42:50 pm

What a c**t.

Yup refused to go to the TMO on such a pressure decision which was clearly wrong then legged it down the tunnel not even waiting for his linesmen. What a weasel.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #444: Oct 18, 2015 08:47:00 pm

What a c**t.
      Should have run straight out of town  thats two games where refs have blatantly come down on the southern hemisphere side , really boils my piss the things they get away with .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #445: Oct 18, 2015 08:47:17 pm
      That Ref made a big mistake and robbed Scotland of a place in the semi final that they had earned. Don't know about running down the tunnel  at full time he needs to get out of the country quick. What  I cannot understand is why the Ref upstairs didn't step in and over rule the ref on the pitch. The sad part is this result has to stand.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #446: Oct 18, 2015 11:44:43 pm
      Gutted for the Scots today. Great effort and deserved more than a bus home.

Aussies class held out but if the Argentinians start with the same intensity as they did against Ireland they could find themselves chasing the game as well.

New Zealand clearly the best team, nothing less than a complete shock will stop them either.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #447: Oct 19, 2015 09:16:01 am
      That Ref made a big mistake and robbed Scotland of a place in the semi final that they had earned. Don't know about running down the tunnel  at full time he needs to get out of the country quick. What  I cannot understand is why the Ref upstairs didn't step in and over rule the ref on the pitch. The sad part is this result has to stand.

I read that the decision he ruled on cannot go to the TMO for referral, not sure why.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #448: Oct 19, 2015 09:49:38 pm
      I read that the decision he ruled on cannot go to the TMO for referral, not sure why.

never mind the Ref it was a f***in terrible throw from the line out.Hit the first man and put another 14 hungry Scots on top of him for 90 secs.
      Game over
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #449: Oct 23, 2015 08:43:58 pm
      Have a feeling it's going to be a NZ v Aus final, Pocock and Falau being passed fit will be huge for the Wallabies and NZ know how to beat SA.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #450: Oct 24, 2015 08:25:34 am
      Gavin Hastings is a F***ing c**t.

This referee business really F***ing annoys me. Anyone who knows anything about rugby knows that the referee is treated with respect and Hastings used to be Scotland's captain and he comes out with line after line of abuse for Joubert. Yes he had a bad choice but guess what it happened, move on. Scotland won some penalties during the WC that they shouldn't have, I heard no uproar then.

The game of rugby has 5 core values which all teams follow and always have:

Teamwork
      Teamwork is essential to our sport. We welcome all new team members and include all because working as a team enriches our lives. We play selflessly: working for the team, not for ourselves alone, both on and off the field. We take pride in our team, rely on one another and understand that each player has a part to play. We speak out if our team or sport is threatened by inappropriate words or actions.

Respect
      Mutual respect forms the basis of our sport. We hold in high esteem our sport, its values and traditions and earn the respect of others in the way we behave. We respect our match officials and accept our decisions. We respect opposition players and supporters. We value our coaches and those who run our clubs and treat clubhouses with consideration.

Enjoyment
      Enjoyment is the reason we play and support rugby union. We encourage players to enjoy training and playing. We use our sport to adopt a healthy lifestyle and build life skills. We safeguard our young players and help them have fun. We enjoy being part of a team and part of the rugby family.

Discipline
      Strong discipline underpins our sport. We ensure that our sport is one of controlled physical endeavour and that we are honest and fair. We obey the laws of the game which ensure an inclusive and exciting global sport. We support our disciplinary system, which protects our sport and upholds its values. We observe the sport's laws and regulations and report serious breaches.

Sportsmanship
      Sportsmanship is the foundation upon which rugby union is built. We uphold the rugby tradition of camaraderie with teammates and opposition. We observe fair play both on and off the pitch and are generous in victory and dignified in defeat. We play to win but not at all costs and recognise both endeavour and achievement. We ensure that the wellbeing and development of individual players is central to all rugby activity.

Jubert's error was not a serious breach. It was one you can see in a slow motion replay. I feel for Scotland, I really do but let's be honest here Australia were the better team most of that match. Let's be honest here, there would be no cry-arsing if Scotland were awarded a penalty when a scrum should have been given, it would be 'Those Aussies deserve it eh?!'. Let's be honest here, Gavin Hastings and the rest of Scotland need to move on, recognise that going from the worst team in the six nations over the last few years to a valiant display against Australia in the QF... that's as good as any Scottish fans (and I include myself in that) were ever going to get.

The sport is being dragged through the mud by complainers and band wagon supporters. Read the F***ing rules about TMO, understand the F***ing values of the game, respect the referee's decision and shut the F**k up.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #451: Oct 24, 2015 05:39:14 pm
      How F***ing boring are South Africa. The only entertaining game I watched them play in this competition was when they lost to Japan. They feed off what I hate the most about rugby union - the constant stopping of play and ridiculous number of penalties.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #452: Oct 25, 2015 12:29:32 am
      All blacks too good when it counted.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #453: Oct 25, 2015 09:38:44 pm
      All blacks v Aus final should be good, thank god we are not playing at the same time!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #454: Oct 26, 2015 07:32:52 pm
      Hoping for a good final on sat one befitting of the day ,
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #455: Oct 31, 2015 06:34:09 pm
      Congratulations to NZ the best team on the planet.
      Special mention to Oz for never giving up and making it a great final.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #456: Oct 31, 2015 06:38:31 pm
      Not bad entertainment....for a one nation sport.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #457: Oct 31, 2015 06:47:03 pm
      Whatever the All Blacks do as a nation in all sports we could do far worse than follow them, For a small nation they have phenominal sportsmen and women. Still think a form of Haka from the lads would be a blast
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #458: Oct 31, 2015 07:33:58 pm
      Not bad entertainment....for a one nation sport.

I think you have got that wrong, N.Z. is far from a one nation sport. rowing, boxing, cycling-road and velodrome, netball, basketball they do well in those sports as well as others like rugby league etc.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #459: Oct 31, 2015 08:55:25 pm
      I think you have got that wrong, N.Z. is far from a one nation sport. rowing, boxing, cycling-road and velodrome, netball, basketball they do well in those sports as well as others like rugby league etc.

something in the water mate they produce awesome sports men and women

Quick Reply