Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Thomas Cook Going Bust?

Read 9545 times
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Thomas Cook Going Bust?
      Jun 07, 2009 10:50:07 pm
      I just came across this article that says the German parent company of Thomas Cook are in the sh*t.  They asked the German government for a sh*t load of euro's and they got knocked back.  The report says they could go into administration within the next few weeks.

This could free up more tickets for the long suffering fans, but at what cost?  In our current financial state can we afford to loose a commercial partner?

Thoughts?

Link
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8081684.stm
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: Thomas Cook Going Bust?
      Reply #1: Jun 07, 2009 11:17:19 pm
      Pros and cons to this from a Liverpool point of view. As you said tickets will be freed up for fans but the club could lose a commercial partner. Surely we're big enough to find another partner,with the Premier League being broadcast around the world and us being a Top 4 side then it is an advertising gold mine.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Jun 07, 2009 11:29:45 pm
      Pros and cons to this from a Liverpool point of view. As you said tickets will be freed up for fans but the club could lose a commercial partner. Surely we're big enough to find another partner,with the Premier League being broadcast around the world and us being a Top 4 side then it is an advertising gold mine.

Exactly. But I can't see how it would benefit the fans in the first instance. The club could make a lot more money doing a deal with someone else. Thomas Cook's loss would be someone else' gain - not the fans though.
      tbone19011981
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #3: Sep 02, 2009 04:06:41 pm
      I just came across this article that says the German parent company of Thomas Cook are in the sh*t.  They asked the German government for a sh*t load of euro's and they got knocked back.  The report says they could go into administration within the next few weeks.

This could free up more tickets for the long suffering fans, but at what cost?  In our current financial state can we afford to loose a commercial partner?

Thoughts?

Link
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8081684.stm

My Bird is a Stewardess for Thomas Cook and although they asked for a money & never received it they are likely to be OK in the short term. They are shelving their plans for longer distances and concentrating on Europe.
      Don't want anything to happen to them as I get cheap flights off my bird (she is useful for something at least ;D)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4: Sep 03, 2009 01:46:05 pm
      sh*t... One of our sponsors arn't they
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5: Sep 03, 2009 11:47:28 pm
      Funny you should say that tbone.

I was looking the other day and wonder why Thomas Cook weren't doing holidays anywhere to America and places like that.  Now I know.

Quick Reply