Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Assassin's Creed 2

Read 11132 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Re: Assassin's Creed 2
      Reply #23: Dec 07, 2009 02:19:23 pm
      Really want to get this, but really can't be arsed to go out an get it!

Onto the Xmas list it goes!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #24: Dec 07, 2009 04:17:33 pm
      A bit repetitive the last one was for me.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #25: Dec 07, 2009 04:26:08 pm
      A bit repetitive the last one was for me.

This is nowhere near as bad as the first game. The storyline has loveable characters, massive immersive cities, no annoying same one liners from people, better fighting. Its not just about getting information then killing someone and moving on. There are loads of sidequests, including unlocking different stories, treasure, armour, weapons, even investing money to make more money. The missions are massively varied and like I said, its up to you whether you follow the main quest or move on. I'd liken it to Fable 2 in the sense of open-worldness.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #26: Dec 08, 2009 05:29:23 am
      I just bought the game today. Haven't had much time on it, though from the half an hour or so that i've played it's impressed me. The only thing that's annoyed me so far is the length of cutscenes. 
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #27: Dec 08, 2009 08:59:38 am
      I'll be getting this in the next couple of games. I believe EB games is Australia are doing a trade in of 3 xbox 360 games for Assassin's Creed 2. Think that sounds like a very good deal.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #28: Dec 10, 2009 06:14:16 am
      I'll be getting this in the next couple of games. I believe EB games is Australia are doing a trade in of 3 xbox 360 games for Assassin's Creed 2. Think that sounds like a very good deal.
      Yeah, but there are a selected range of games you can trade. I was going to do that with the PS3, but none of the games i wanted to trade were on that list.

Having had a bit more time on the game, I have to say it's brilliant. There's no repitition like the first one and there's a bunch of new features.

The other thing i like about it is that the character feels a lot more personal than Altair. When his family were killed, i actually felt for him.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #29: Dec 10, 2009 09:24:50 am
      Yeah, but there are a selected range of games you can trade. I was going to do that with the PS3, but none of the games I wanted to trade were on that list.

Having had a bit more time on the game, I have to say it's brilliant. There's no repitition like the first one and there's a bunch of new features.

The other thing I like about it is that the character feels a lot more personal than Altair. When his family were killed, I actually felt for him.

Agreed, the story is much more immersive, kind of like a Final Fantasy game. Im busy trying to unlock all the codex's and the Assassination Contracts at the moment. Have you learnt the disarm feature yet Bahrosa?
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #30: Dec 10, 2009 10:50:28 am

Agreed, the story is much more immersive, kind of like a Final Fantasy game. Im busy trying to unlock all the codex's and the Assassination Contracts at the moment. Have you learnt the disarm feature yet Bahrosa?
      Yep.

(Spoiler Alert)
      I was watching my brother play earlier and found out that you get to play as Altair for a few minutes.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #31: Dec 10, 2009 11:57:46 am
      Yep.

(Spoiler Alert)
      I was watching my brother play earlier and found out that you get to play as Altair for a few minutes.

Yeah it all gets a bit trippy haha. Im in Venice at the moment helping out the theives there. Venice is excellent love the diving into water animation.

I seriously enjoy the disarm and instant kill movement especially with the large axes. Im spotting new animations all the time. Best one was disarming the spear from a guard and jamming it in his eye!!!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #32: Dec 10, 2009 04:10:21 pm
      My sister's mate is going to the Phillipines for a month so brought over a load of her newest games, got Assasin's creed 2, Tekken 6 etc in there.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #33: Dec 11, 2009 02:56:27 am
      Yeah, but there are a selected range of games you can trade. I was going to do that with the PS3, but none of the games I wanted to trade were on that list.

Do you know what games I can't find a list anywhere online??
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #34: Dec 11, 2009 09:09:11 am
      Do you know what games I can't find a list anywhere online??
      sh*t, sorry my bad. I thought it was EB Games and have come to realise it's JB HIFI.

I suppose you should get it from EB then if they've got such a deal.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #35: Dec 28, 2009 05:35:44 pm
      Completed this game yesterday, amazing. Ive only got the feathers and glyphs to find and of course side missions which is why the game is amazing, even after completing the main questline theres still plenty to do. Much better than the first game.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #36: Dec 28, 2009 07:29:55 pm
      Completed this game yesterday, amazing. Ive only got the feathers and glyphs to find and of course side missions which is why the game is amazing, even after completing the main questline theres still plenty to do. Much better than the first game.

Completed it the other day too :D

RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #37: Jan 02, 2010 01:24:04 am
      Got the game a few days ago, it's brilliant! In Venice at the moment, but I'm trying to spread it out, with doing a few sidequests etc, rather than race through the main storyline. Once your on it, you stay on it for hours, and don't even realize!

On big problem for me though, are the graphics, there shocking for a PS3, especially in the cut scenes, really is lagging well behind other PS3 games in that department. Other than that, really enjoying it, much better than the first one. Although I have struggled to carry out an assasination so far, without having to get in an all out brawl with guards!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #38: Jan 02, 2010 01:20:57 pm
      Love the little gun thing you get from Leonardo. :D
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #39: Jan 03, 2010 04:15:17 am
      Got the game a few days ago, it's brilliant! In Venice at the moment, but I'm trying to spread it out, with doing a few sidequests etc, rather than race through the main storyline. Once your on it, you stay on it for hours, and don't even realize!

On big problem for me though, are the graphics, there shocking for a PS3, especially in the cut scenes, really is lagging well behind other PS3 games in that department. Other than that, really enjoying it, much better than the first one. Although I have struggled to carry out an assasination so far, without having to get in an all out brawl with guards!
      I agree with the cutscene graphics, but during gameplay i think it's slick. In my room i play it on normal digital TV, but i took it to the HD telly in the living room with the HDMI cable, and it is really boss. TBH, i'd rather have good gameplay graphics than cutscene graphics.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #40: Jan 04, 2010 10:36:22 am
      Only my second day of playing, I've been unable to play for the last 10 days. Its amazing really. Great game. Has everyone figured out all of the puzzles from the glyphs? I can't understand the one with the five paintings that all share a core or something
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #41: Jan 04, 2010 12:38:30 pm
      Only my second day of playing, I've been unable to play for the last 10 days. Its amazing really. Great game. Has everyone figured out all of the puzzles from the glyphs? I can't understand the one with the five paintings that all share a core or something
      The core similarity is an apple. You need to select the five which feature an apple.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #42: Jan 05, 2010 12:18:24 am
      I can't do the apollo glyph
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #43: Jan 05, 2010 11:10:57 pm
      The core similarity is an apple. You need to select the five which feature an apple.

Thanks Bahrosa will do that now.

I'm up to the final memories now but I need to get 7 more pieces of the codex before I can unlock them. Great game though
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #44: Jan 08, 2010 01:20:18 am
      Finished the game.

Really good game, but an area they could of improved on is outside the Animus, there could of been a whole seperate storyline for that, but your hardly out of it. I doubt I'll play it again now, because I can't be bothered just going around looking for things to do on it. Feels like a wasted my money!!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #45: Jan 08, 2010 10:18:33 am
      Thats something I thought could have been in. I haven't finished yet I just got the last codex pages and Altair's armour but I've only been out of the animus once or twice maybe. Maybe the next game (as there surely will be AC3) will be based around that

Quick Reply