Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

England National Football Team

Read 360323 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #2047: Sep 09, 2014 09:25:13 pm
      Barkley as a DM.

Brilliant.

I'd actually have Gareth Barry back in the squad to give the midfield a bit of balance.

Barry

Henderson  Wilshere

Welbeck  Sturridge  Sterling

Perhaps Barry does deserve another shot. That said, I still can't help but laugh at his pithy attempts at trying to cope with the Germany team at the 2010 World Cup. Then again everyone was shocking....but I think he was one of the worst that day.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2048: Sep 09, 2014 10:09:22 pm
      Perhaps Barry does deserve another shot. That said, I still can't help but laugh at his pithy attempts at trying to cope with the Germany team at the 2010 World Cup. Then again everyone was shocking....but I think he was one of the worst that day.

I also think Barry is a much better player now in that he has a far greater understanding of what he can and more importantly can not do and he shapes his game around that greater understanding.

I wonder why we've never been linked with him ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #2049: Sep 09, 2014 10:58:41 pm

It's a fair comment FMS but I just think he would give England that player they don;t have in midfield and help balance the side.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2050: Sep 10, 2014 05:05:23 am
      If Rodwell has a good season he'd probably be whacked in to Wilshere's role against the Swiss.

Rodwell

Henderson     Barkley

Sterling

Welbeck     Sturridge

That's pretty good especially in 3-4 years time.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2051: Sep 10, 2014 05:01:09 pm
      Btw Sterling just stands out by a mile these days, he leaves people in his wake.Tell you what; didn't expect him to progress how he has this fast, our coaching staff and him learning off Suarez have put his career onto a whole new level.

I would guess BR has a lot to do with it as well. He comes across as a tough but fair kind of manager, not afraid to dish out tough love. Not the self absorbed, hair-drier kind of treatment Alex Slur used to do, but more the disciplined approach in setting out his expectations and expecting his players to stick to his rules.

Epitomises modern day manager in many ways and it shows with Sterling. He was in danger of going down the Jermaine Pennant route, but turned himself around and now is the best players in the national team IMO. I still say we tell the FA to FO and that we won't give any of our players to the national team. The fact that they've had an agenda against us under Rafa and Dalglish and used every possible underhanded tactics to make life difficult for us is enough of an excuse tbh.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #2052: Sep 12, 2014 02:49:39 pm
      Is Sterling playing for Englad U21?

Croatia U21 just draw England U21 in Euro 2015 playoff, so I hope Sterling will not jump in to help them qualify.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #2053: Sep 12, 2014 03:34:57 pm
      can't imagine raheem would play for the u21s ever again, same with hendo.. sh*t, they're just about the most important youngsters in the england senior set up. what about flano though?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2054: Sep 15, 2014 08:56:14 am

He looks like he can smell his own bullshit in this image,  either that or he's just learnt he's not getting bagged,  whatever its hardly the best promotional picture for the England managers job, is it ?

Happy days.?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2055: Oct 05, 2014 10:14:17 am
      Hodgson says Captain Wayne Rooney would not be able to stand up and lecture a room full of people because of his ''Liverpool accent''

Haha
      Has he ever seen himself speak?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #2056: Oct 12, 2014 03:52:51 pm
      Sterling getting a rest today which is great. A solid week's rest is exactly what he needs, been looking a bit tired recently.

Hope Lallana and Hendo avoid injury!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2057: Oct 12, 2014 06:10:09 pm
      Rooney is sh*t.

Can't see any skill in this game, the only way he will get a shot on target is from a penalty.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2058: Oct 12, 2014 06:32:27 pm
      Still think he's sh*t, poor wall and 'keeper should have had it.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2059: Oct 12, 2014 08:56:27 pm
      Hodgson says Captain Wayne Rooney would not be able to stand up and lecture a room full of people because of his ''Liverpool accent''

Haha
      Has he ever seen himself speak?

Did Englands last captain not have a "Liverpool accent"? :confused-smiley-013:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2060: Oct 13, 2014 11:43:49 am
      Rooney is sh*t.

Can't see any skill in this game, the only way he will get a shot on target is from a penalty.

One of the most overrated players ever IMO.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2061: Oct 13, 2014 09:09:18 pm
      Nathaniel Clyne is England's best right back and has been for a year. Why then is he not getting picked?
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #2062: Oct 13, 2014 09:36:08 pm
      The amount of times Rooney had the ball on the edge of the area and should have played in a team mate instead of going for that Hollywood goal pissed me off..
      I wouldn't mind but he was about to come off and be replaced by Ricky Lambert who was ready on the touchline when Sterling got the free kick.. Rooney steps up and only just scores..
      "oh all's F***ing great now isn't it.. sit down Ricky and put yer tracky back on, Wayne's on fire now'...
      Seriously, He should have scored about 5 goals in that match !!..
      sh*te !!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2063: Oct 13, 2014 09:37:57 pm
      Well it looks as though Shrek will become all time top scorer and yet is one of the most undeserving players to do such an achievement; Can only score against the standard of Andorra, San Marino, Estonia etc and even then half of them are set pieces. Yet to do it against a decent team and on the main stage. Not to mention he will have taken a lot more games to do it in.

As much as I hate to say it, Owen would have smashed the record had he never left us. 40 goals and basically finished on the International stage well before he was 30 courtesy of Capello, and he done it against top teams on the biggest stage possible; Argentina, Brazil and a hat-trick against Germany.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2064: Oct 13, 2014 09:41:18 pm
      One of the most overrated players ever IMO.

he reminds me of the denis Waterman character in Little Britain. He has to take every free kick every corner every penalty and wander all over the f***in pitch.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #2065: Oct 13, 2014 09:54:25 pm
      on the plus side it was good for Henderson and Lallana to get some decent game time in what was a pretty easy match in midfield..
      Those pair need to get the hang of each other if they're gonna prop up our midfield this season.. and I thought they both had a good game and linked well together..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2066: Oct 13, 2014 10:42:35 pm
      on the plus side it was good for Henderson and Lallana to get some decent game time in what was a pretty easy match in midfield..
      Those pair need to get the hang of each other if they're gonna prop up our midfield this season.. and I thought they both had a good game and linked well together..

There is that bonus to it I guess, especially with Lallana probably still not totally match fit and he would have developed bit more of an understanding with Hendo hopefully.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #2067: Oct 13, 2014 11:28:11 pm
      he reminds me of the denis Waterman character in Little Britain. He has to take every free kick every corner every penalty and wander all over the f***in pitch.
      And sings the national anthem, badly!!!
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #2068: Oct 13, 2014 11:33:50 pm
      I seriously can't stand the whole England set up right now. It makes me so mad, I really did use to enjoy watching our national team, but now I'm more than happy to give it a wide berth. I saw an interesting comment made by Ronald de Boer in regards Hiddink being back in charge of the Dutch national team. He basically alluded to the fact Gus's tactics and ideas were very much yesterdays news and he couldn't cut it anymore. Sound familiar? Certainly does to me, there's a good crop of  talent coming through and it will be another underachieving one if Woy is left to guide them.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2069: Oct 14, 2014 12:00:52 am
      After the Owl's comments regarding out recovery plans for our players, Brendan should just pull them all out. Disrespectful c**t, read somewhere that the FA were 'shaking their heads' when Raheem was playing against Boro in the league cup, cheeky bas**rds, he's our player, we'll play him whenever we deem appropriate.

If England can't cope against the likes of San Marino and Estonia without a few key players then they really are in trouble.

Just sick of listening to that arrogant ballbag Woy, constantly slating us and talking nonsense, pull them all out and have nothing more to do with them.

Quick Reply