Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

England National Football Team

Read 360510 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #2438: Jul 01, 2016 07:18:31 pm
      read "Das Reboot" by Raphael Honigstein to get the full story about training and schooling.

I got this on my Kindle but still haven't read it. Seems to be a very good read juding by the initial pages
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2439: Jul 01, 2016 07:27:46 pm
      I don't care anymore they are not good enough Rooney couldn't even trap a ball under his foot. lets face it they are just poor footballers and poor characters add a pinch of Woy and heyho mediocrity is the goal
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2440: Jul 01, 2016 09:26:18 pm
      I got this on my Kindle but still haven't read it. Seems to be a very good read juding by the initial pages

Definitely read it! Good read. I always knew the U.S. was years behind countries like Germany, but didn't realize there was that big of a gap.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #2441: Jul 02, 2016 03:49:01 am
      For me England are the opposite of us (Liverpool). We are 3-0 down in a final against a team that are far better than us on paper, we score one goal and turn the game upside down.  With England over the last 50 or so years they have a stone wall losing mentality. When they get close it is either bad luck, pressure, luck of the other team.  A penalty shoot out is about luck if doesn't involve England.  They have  had many opportunities in Shoot outs after playing well in the game, but it is as if they feel not that we are closer to winning the game, but closer to losing.   Over the years they incorporated a losing mentality they can't snap out of it.

The truth is they have nearly always one of the better squads not the best but definitely one of the better ones but they just can't break the losing mentality.   A lot of good players but nobody excellent.  But teams that have a few good players go really far sometimes, not England.  The Germans are the international team that is completely the opposite.  They just know how to win.  When it is close they get the positive result.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2442: Jul 02, 2016 07:18:25 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2443: Jul 02, 2016 07:26:49 pm

And he's left the iron on.

As Diego alluded to, if England had somehow fluked it and got to a semi or something it'd be Sir Roy and they would celebrate it for years.

Still dining out on beating the Germans 5-1 about 15 years ago.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2444: Jul 02, 2016 07:30:21 pm
      Ian Holloway all the way! They would probably still be rubbish, but at least there would be something funny and entertaining about the English Team (apart from their hilarious defeats, of course)

I'm not even an England fan really but I think the world has only just stopped laughing at Brazil's 7 1 defeat to Germany and subsequent appointment of Dunga (again!).

Although England could try to match that when they re-appoint Glenn Hoddle...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #2445: Jul 02, 2016 07:33:09 pm

Dickhead manc more like, I knows a shitty manc shirt when I see one ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #2446: Jul 02, 2016 07:44:11 pm
      Dickhead manc more like, I knows a shitty manc shirt when I see one ;)

Gotta love the way that they despise everything English but will support our club teams because it suits as their's are sh*te.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #2447: Jul 02, 2016 07:49:56 pm
      And England fans trying to trade blows with a Brazilian over our National football teams.

As if.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2448: Jul 02, 2016 07:55:55 pm
      And England fans trying to trade blows with a Brazilian over our National football teams.

As if.

Hardly call it trading blows, just pointing out a but of hypocrisy. I don't really give much of a sh*t about England but it would be nice if there was a national team to be proud of.

I can understand the other home nations giving grief but I don't really see the obsession the rest of the world has with sticking the boot in.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #2449: Jul 02, 2016 08:19:52 pm
      Hardly call it trading blows, just pointing out a but of hypocrisy. I don't really give much of a sh*t about England but it would be nice if there was a national team to be proud of.

I can understand the other home nations giving grief but I don't really see the obsession the rest of the world has with sticking the boot in.

Just wording. I'm known for exaggerating.

You're right, though. Would be great to have an England team to be proud of and have a bit of hope in.

I'm very sure that lots has got to change from the top down before that happens. If winning, no matter what, is not the only thing that the powers that be care about then it will always have a knock on effect.

They consistently F**k it up.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2450: Jul 02, 2016 10:55:45 pm
      I'm not even an England fan really but I think the world has only just stopped laughing at Brazil's 7 1 defeat to Germany and subsequent appointment of Dunga (again!).

Although England could try to match that when they re-appoint Glenn Hoddle...

There are few countries really in a place to laugh at Brazil though - even reaching a World Cup semifinal would have been the stuff of dreams for the likes of England :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #2451: Jul 02, 2016 11:03:22 pm
      There are few countries really in a place to laugh at Brazil though - even reaching a World Cup semifinal would have been the stuff of dreams for the likes of England :D

Exactly what I said a few posts up.

England spoke of and felt sorry for Paul Gascoigne for years because he got booked, cried like a bi*ch on the pitch and had to be subbed although he was a decent PK taker because he would miss the next game, a semi or final I can't remember, in the WC.

Ballack in 2002 gets booked so he would miss The WC  final then scores a penalty to put Germany through less than five minutes later.

England have the total wrong mentality throughout.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #2452: Jul 02, 2016 11:24:25 pm
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2453: Jul 03, 2016 01:25:40 am

You've got to remember, they're only trying to impress the natives of their undying support of LFC.

That's what it boils down to. It supposedly shows, 'they get us'.  :D

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2454: Jul 03, 2016 12:31:19 pm
      And he's left the iron on.

As Diego alluded to, if England had somehow fluked it and got to a semi or something it'd be Sir Roy and they would celebrate it for years.

Still dining out on beating the Germans 5-1 about 15 years ago.

quite right too Owen gerrard and heskey
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #2455: Jul 03, 2016 01:39:31 pm

How many World Cups they won? If Brazil want to take the piss out of England you've just got to live with it.

Jules Rimet still gleaming, how many years hurt now :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #2456: Jul 03, 2016 01:40:33 pm
      quite right too Owen gerrard and heskey

Yet the Germans still got to the final.

Efficient teutonic tw*ts!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #2457: Jul 03, 2016 01:42:21 pm
      You've got to remember, they're only trying to impress the natives of their undying support of LFC.

Or they're just taking the piss out of you.

Lighten the F**k up and stop getting so precious over the three poodles (sorry brave lions) :laugh:

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #2458: Jul 03, 2016 08:15:07 pm

I swear on my kids lives that is not the case with me.

Honestly.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2459: Jul 03, 2016 09:18:16 pm

Because it's funny...

That's as honest an answer as you'll get
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2460: Jul 03, 2016 09:39:11 pm
      Because it's funny...

That's as honest an answer as you'll get

it might have been funny once but its getting boring now. The Fa have since Italia 90 appointed Taylor, Erickson,McClaren and Hodgson and god knows how much that cost the FA. Then Hoddle with his weird beliefs , Terry Venables with his dodgy ways almost Big Phil but they fu**ed that one up and almost Harry Redknap until the Courts timely intervention. The FA would F**k up ordering a takeaway

Quick Reply