Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

England National Football Team

Read 356963 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #2691: Sep 28, 2016 11:47:51 am
      More of a Sham than Sam.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2692: Sep 28, 2016 01:34:53 pm
      Very surprised at some of the early comments concerning Sam - of course he had to go.

FA's most high profile employee suggesting ways around the FA's own rules while looking to deal himself in to an extra half a million pounds when he's already being paid £3M a year to play about 10 games.

I'd imagine many people are sick to the back teeth of the wealthy and powerful continuing to line their own pockets in unscrupulous manners with scant regard for the rules everyone else is expected to play by.

At least we know now why it was Sam Allardyce's long term dream to manage England - status and influence and increased earnings potential.

As for his line 'entrapment has won on this occasion' - to me that suggests that other times he has won.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2693: Sep 28, 2016 02:06:03 pm
      So will Gareth Southgate receive his appointment letter in a brown envelope in a motorway service station?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2694: Sep 28, 2016 02:17:20 pm
      Here's the thing: Why the f*ck are there "ways round" to get bungs anyway.

Because the business of football is one big F***ing gravy train and they're all in on it.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2695: Sep 28, 2016 04:44:12 pm
      Because the business of football is one big F***ing gravy train and they're all in on it.

Sad, but true. The FA is a puppet for the rich and powerful in the country. It is run by the corrupt, for the corrupt, to get the biggest slice of the pie. Why? Because they know they can.

The monopoly of the big clubs and the most powerful men in the country is a regulatory capture of the FA.

Fella by the name of Simon Boyes speaks about it here on page 31:

https://www4.ntu.ac.uk/nls/document_uploads/188672.pdf?platform=hootsuite

The bit after about collaboration also has a part to play here. The mediatisation of sport has led to this, too.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2696: Sep 28, 2016 05:32:07 pm
      So the ex England manager was in a business partnership with two current England footballers Shrek & Hart with a Boutique hotel in Newcastle...

No clash of interest there then...bit like the accusations Rodgers faced when renting Gerrard's manor and picking him for games when he should have been on the bench..
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2697: Sep 28, 2016 05:48:39 pm
      The FA could do no worse than Malcolm Allison, if he was still alive.

Wealth of experience.
      Teams managed
      1963–1964   Bath City
      1964                   Toronto City
      1964–1965   Plymouth Argyle
      1965–1972   Manchester City (assistant)
      1972–1973   Manchester City
      1973–1976   Crystal Palace
      1976–1977   Galatasaray
      1978–1979   Plymouth Argyle
      1979–1980   Manchester City
      1980–1981   Crystal Palace
      1981            Yeovil Town
      1981–1982   Sporting CP
      1982–1984   Middlesbrough
      1984            Wilington
      1985–1986   Kuwait
      1986–1988   Vitória de Setúbal
      1988                   SC Farense
      1989            Fisher Athletic
      1992–1993   Bristol Rovers

This is a piss take, BTW, but seriously, the FA would have him as a contender.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2698: Sep 28, 2016 06:09:44 pm
      So the ex England manager was in a business partnership with two current England footballers Shrek & Hart with a Boutique hotel in Newcastle...

No clash of interest there then...bit like the accusations Rodgers faced when renting Gerrard's manor and picking him for games when he should have been on the bench..

Most managers in the league are in some way been earning a bit on the side through bungs. Fair to say I've heard whispers Houllier and Rafa made a few quid through transfers of third-party players.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #2699: Sep 28, 2016 06:10:50 pm
      Another one  referred to as Big Mal,the media are obsessed with it,Big Ron atkinson was another,cracks me up.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2700: Sep 28, 2016 06:11:31 pm
      Sad, but true. The FA is a puppet for the rich and powerful in the country. It is run by the corrupt, for the corrupt, to get the biggest slice of the pie. Why? Because they know they can.

The monopoly of the big clubs and the most powerful men in the country is a regulatory capture of the FA.

Fella by the name of Simon Boyes speaks about it here on page 31:

https://www4.ntu.ac.uk/nls/document_uploads/188672.pdf?platform=hootsuite

The bit after about collaboration also has a part to play here. The mediatisation of sport has led to this, too.

It's been going on for a long time Crouchy and I'd say well before Sky took over the footy!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2701: Sep 28, 2016 06:22:27 pm
      It's been going on for a long time Crouchy and I'd say well before Sky took over the footy!

I should remember who it was but there was a former Liverpool player who mentioned match-fixing or throwing games (or something like that) even as far back as the 1940s.

It's rife everywhere, for a long time. Hate it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2702: Sep 28, 2016 06:50:10 pm
      How does it goes...

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me....

Admittedly I do prefer the Bush version... ;D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

:lmao: I've got J Cole - No Role Models on my itunes and that gets played part way through, I pissed myself when I heard it for the first time.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2703: Sep 28, 2016 07:16:21 pm
      :lmao: I've got J Cole - No Role Models on my itunes and that gets played part way through, I pissed myself when I heard it for the first time.

George Bush didn't go platinum without features, though.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #2704: Sep 28, 2016 07:26:37 pm
      https://twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/status/781048309934764032

@BSmith 
      The 33 Chilean miners trapped in 2010 were underground for 2 days longer than Allardyce was England manager.

That is f*cking brilliant  :lmao:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2705: Sep 28, 2016 09:40:04 pm
      Surprised at a few posts criticizing the press here. That's exactly what journalism is supposed to do: Uncover and expose wrongdoing and corruption.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #2706: Sep 29, 2016 01:42:04 am
      Apart from describing in detail how to get around the measures the FA had put in place to try and stop sh*t like bungs happening when transfers take place!!

Sums the f**king dickhead up and those of the same ilk who'll talk about anything to get their grubby hands on 30 pieces of silver.

He pointed out loopholes. Thats all. They exist, and sacking SA wont change the fact everybody knows about them, lets be honest here, if SA knows about them, every fecker else does!
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #2707: Sep 29, 2016 01:50:32 am
      I should remember who it was but there was a former Liverpool player who mentioned match-fixing or throwing games (or something like that) even as far back as the 1940s.

Inter Milan...Bill Shankly
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #2708: Sep 29, 2016 01:58:28 am
      With all due respect that speaks volumes about your and his morality, stupidity and greed. Personally if I was in my dream job, earning £3m plus bonuses for managing a team a dozen times a year then I would be whiter than white, I sure as f**k wouldn't be describing how to circumvent my employer and generally talking sh*t about them to some random people I had just met!

Love the way you have taken my views, stuck me in on the £3 million a year bracket, then call me stupid.

Im not in my dream job, far from it, min wage, sometimes less than that.

If someone offers me a better job, for less hours and more money, yeah I would take it.

And would I sell out my employers? your fecking right I would, I have worked in many places where all they care about is numbers working, and im a number, if this particular number is picked, yes, I will make damn sure this number gets his worth.

Take the moral high ground by all means, but take it out on the people who deserve it sam.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2709: Sep 29, 2016 02:08:08 am

Definitely wasn't Bill who i was thinking about.

I could be wrong but it might have been Ian St John?
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #2710: Sep 29, 2016 02:50:06 am
      Definitely wasn't Bill who i was thinking about.

I could be wrong but it might have been Ian St John?

Or Ron Yeats, I recall him saying a piece on the matter.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2711: Sep 29, 2016 03:32:29 am
      He pointed out loopholes. Thats all. They exist, and sacking SA wont change the fact everybody knows about them, lets be honest here, if SA knows about them, every fecker else does!

So why are you so supportive of a fat F***ing woolyback c**t who was only too happy to do Ferguson's dirty work in trying to get at Rafa.

As if any Liverpool fan should be arsed about that c**t losing his job.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2712: Sep 29, 2016 04:15:21 am

But we don't. Not until the DT brought this story to light by busting cu*ts like him. Did you know this was happening?

Thats our money flowing under the table and in brown paper bags. The ones that line his pockets and the corrupt is straight from your pocket, my pocket and every other fan who buys merchandise, attends games or spends it on whatever else all with the idea that it is supporting your club who aren't just trying to parlay that money in to millions more through backhanded and shady deals.

F**k fat Sam and whoever else is in on it. I hope this brings down thousands more cu*ts like him.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2713: Sep 29, 2016 08:24:44 am

John I have tried to arrive at a conclusion to the player you mention in the 1940s for match fixing.I cannot recall any player at L.F.C. who was tainted with those allegations.The only football played between 1940 and 1946 was friendlies due to the second world war.When football resumed in 1946/47 season we won the league.The players were all paid the same wages and as far as I can remember they were on 20 pound week,21 pound for a draw and 22 pound for a win.
       In finishing I could never imagine the likes of Billy Liddell,Bob Paisley and so many other greats of the time throwing a match.Also the players lived in houses owned by the club in the Bowring Park and Eaton Road area so they had a hell of a lot to lose in those days.

Quick Reply