Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

England National Football Team

Read 356973 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #2898: Oct 28, 2017 05:47:56 pm
      Woodburn was too fast to choose Wales, it's likely he has thrown away a lot.
      In 8 years, Woodburns peak... he will badly regret it watching England on TV.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2899: Oct 30, 2017 05:20:16 am
      Well done to England U-17's winning the World Cup and massive big well done to Brewster on becoming top scorer. Missed the final and saw the goals and celebrations after getting back from the Huddersfield game.

Unbelievable we literally nicked both him and Solanke from Chelsea.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2900: Nov 14, 2017 08:58:54 pm
      England have taken to Mourinho's tactics.

At least try and play football...........
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #2901: Nov 14, 2017 09:38:40 pm
      That’s going to be a quiz question in a few years time. Liverpool players brought on as subs at the same time in an England Brazil international
      JackSparrow
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #2902: Nov 14, 2017 09:55:41 pm
      In both games against Germany and Brazil, I think England created the better chances. Sterling, Henderson...etc... probably won't be first choice anymore.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2903: Nov 14, 2017 11:10:16 pm
      Thought Phil and Roberto had to travel to Brazil for that game. Phew. They should be back in Liverpool already!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2904: Nov 15, 2017 12:21:24 pm
      England draw with Germany and Brazil,  let the delusions begin !
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2905: Nov 15, 2017 03:56:24 pm

If they were competitive fixtures and away from home, they'd lose both matches at least 3-0.

England aren't great by any means but they have enough young talent in their ranks to deserve far far better than Roy Hodgson and Gareth Southgate in recent years. A manager like Ralf Rangnick would work wonders for them but the notion of a German managing the England national football team would be too much to bear for an organisation riddled with xenophobia and backwards thinking amongst other things. So for them it's far more desirable to make a disgrace of yourself occupying a parochial mindset with an unqualified, untalented English drone in charge.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2906: Nov 15, 2017 04:16:05 pm

At least we can have delusions, unlike the other Home Nations who have.... well sour grapes really.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2907: Nov 16, 2017 06:11:26 pm
      At least we can have delusions, unlike the other Home Nations who have.... well sour grapes really.

Steady RP.

We’ll drink anything up here mate ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2908: Nov 16, 2017 06:35:10 pm
      Steady RP.

We’ll drink anything up here mate ;)

Yip and just like us over here, Russian hooligans won't be kicking your cu*ts in for fun next summer. Good aul Engerland. 👍 😂
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2909: Nov 16, 2017 08:02:01 pm
      Yip and just like us over here, Russian hooligans won't be kicking your cu*ts in for fun next summer. Good aul Engerland. 👍 😂

Who you gonna root for next year BBB?

Er eh like in the football I mean, obviously, not the fisticuffs 🤔
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2910: Nov 16, 2017 08:56:02 pm
      Who you gonna root for next year BBB?
      Joking aside?

Probably England, simply because of the many Reds playing Scotia (I can't see why any Red wouldn't tbh)  but I do like the German people and country so - both?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2911: Nov 16, 2017 09:56:44 pm
      Joking aside?

Probably England, simply because of the many Reds playing Scotia (I can't see why any Red wouldn't tbh)  but I do like the German people and country so - both?

Cool.

I’ll see who grabs me in first round.

I have a soft spot for the Spanish and always look out for any Reds......

I do like a bit of fun with our Anglo Saxon brothers ‘n’ sisters......as the red-tops work everybody into a lather again.
      JackSparrow
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #2912: Nov 17, 2017 12:26:20 am
      It's the 2026 world cup I expect us to be serious contenders. I hope we can get to the quarter finals this year. Southgate is better than Fat Sam, McClown and Hodgson. He's probably not better than Sven or Fabio though.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #2913: Nov 17, 2017 02:43:22 am
      Joking aside?

As a Scot, the best I can wish on any Liverpool player playing for England is that they aren't the national scapegoat in an otherwise hilarious implosion.

It'd be so much easier to wish England luck in tournaments if it wasn't for England 'fans' and the media circlejerk.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2914: Nov 17, 2017 02:56:39 am
      It's the 2026 world cup I expect us to be serious contenders. I hope we can get to the quarter finals this year. Southgate is better than Fat Sam, McClown and Hodgson. He's probably not better than Sven or Fabio though.

Hahahahaha dream on, it'll never happen again for England, they're F***ing doomed!!
      Kopite78
      Reply #2915: Nov 17, 2017 09:23:42 am
      As a Scot, the best I can wish on any Liverpool player playing for England is that they aren't the national scapegoat in an otherwise hilarious implosion.

I'm English and I don't support them.

I want any reds to do well of course but that's from any nation not just the England ones.
      International football means nothing to me, watching England doesn't raise any more feeling in me than watching Afc Wimbledon or Perth glory
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2916: Nov 17, 2017 09:31:29 am
      I'm English and I don't support them.

I want any reds to do well of course but that's from any nation not just the England ones.
      International football means nothing to me, watching England doesn't raise any more feeling in me than watching Afc Wimbledon or Perth glory

I am English and pretty much feel the same, it annoys me at major championships when you are watching a game with no relevance to England yet the commentators start talking about them and we have to put up with endless trips to England's hotel or training camp. Don't mind admitting getting peverse joy of seeing Iceland beating England
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #2917: Nov 17, 2017 09:57:00 am
      I am English and pretty much feel the same, it annoys me at major championships when you are watching a game with no relevance to England yet the commentators start talking about them and we have to put up with endless trips to England's hotel or training camp. Don't mind admitting getting peverse joy of seeing Iceland beating England

It fascinates me how so many supporters of big clubs, myself included, have little or no interest in the national team. It's more common than many think and it used to be called a myth that England's most fanatical fans supported lower league clubs. This is true, probably nowadays more than ever before.

I grew up supporting club and country. I went to several England matches with my Dad and I was gripped during major tournaments but not any more. I have no interest these days. Clearly, I want Liverpool players to do well but that is my only interest.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2918: Nov 17, 2017 04:50:50 pm
      I’ve rediscovered a bit of the interest in International football I had as a kid.

Partially because of my two boys and seeing through their eyes and, being the open and honest fella I try to be, because of my desire for Scottish independence. That’s something for me that’s crystalized in last 10 years.

That said - and again I’ve always been transparent on this - if LFC play Scotland I support the team in red.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2919: Nov 18, 2017 11:13:47 am
      It'd be so much easier to wish England luck in tournaments if it wasn't for England 'fans' and the media circlejerk.
      Point taken. Germany it is then. 😎

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2920: Jan 17, 2018 04:21:01 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/jan/17/phil-neville-fa-england-womens-football

Phil Neville - England Women's manager. Also includes a great take down of that charlatan Dan Ashworth.

Quick Reply