Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

England National Football Team

Read 356982 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #3059: Jul 04, 2018 01:26:11 am
      Like I said, unless it’s a set piece, England really don’t look like scoring. Good they got through but again, their goal was a penalty and didn’t look threatening throughout the rest of the game. Huge let off for Hendo.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3060: Jul 04, 2018 11:46:56 am
      Always Liverpool first and foremost but come on guys can we all get behind them don't mean delusional to their fragility but from someone who hasn't even bothered with England since owl face took over, lose your self in the positive feeling its a good place to be, dare to dream

It's Liverpool only for me.

I don't hate the England team or anything like that but I feel no passion or desire for them, I watched last night and genuinely it wouldn't have affected me one bit had they lost that shoot out.. again not that I wanted them to lose it, and I'm pleased they ultimately did win it but if that was Liverpool my heart would be pounding, I'd be on the edge of my seat, I'd want it more than anything at that point.
      With last night the only time I got slightly disappointed is when I thought Hendo would be that nations fall guy

Look if they win it brilliant for them, but honestly it wouldn't affect me one bit. Not in a bad sense, not in a I want them to lose as I don't but I don't care whatsoever.

Liverpool's first friendly is Saturday isn't it? I'll be watching that
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3061: Jul 04, 2018 11:55:52 am
      If Sterling is going to be picked he needs to drop deeper and play where he did with us. He is offering nothing further up front.
      Rashford would surely offer more of a goal threat.

But alas the biggest issue I think England have is the lack of a creative midfielder next to Henderson.
      Lingard and Alli as good as they are as attacking midfielders don’t have the ability to play I that role to get the ball to the forward players.

How Peanut head is getting a game ahead of Rose is just completely baffling.

Been impressed with Maguire he seems to be really improving as the tournament is progressing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3062: Jul 04, 2018 12:02:30 pm
      It's Liverpool only for me.

I don't hate the England team or anything like that but I feel no passion or desire for them, I watched last night and genuinely it wouldn't have affected me one bit had they lost that shoot out.. again not that I wanted them to lose it, and I'm pleased they ultimately did win it but if that was Liverpool my heart would be pounding, I'd be on the edge of my seat, I'd want it more than anything at that point.
      With last night the only time I got slightly disappointed is when I thought Hendo would be that nations fall guy

Look if they win it brilliant for them, but honestly it wouldn't affect me one bit. Not in a bad sense, not in a I want them to lose as I don't but I don't care whatsoever.

Liverpool's first friendly is Saturday isn't it? I'll be watching that

You'd really rather watch Liverpool against Chester than England against Sweden in a world cup quarter final, hmm this is kind of like Virtue Signalling :-)
      Kopite78
      Reply #3063: Jul 04, 2018 12:09:14 pm
      You'd really rather watch Liverpool against Chester than England against Sweden in a world cup quarter final, hmm this is kind of like Virtue Signalling :-)

Honestly mate yeah..

Chance of seeing Keita and Fabinho make their debuts for the reds or watch a drab world cup gane between two drab sides?
      No brainer for me

Like I say I don't dislike them, I've enjoyed this world cup but it's Liverpool for me when it comes to football not Liverpool and.....
      Just Liverpool
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3064: Jul 04, 2018 12:17:49 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3065: Jul 04, 2018 12:23:54 pm

If it was a non England game then i would think harder about it but liverpool will take priority this weekend
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3066: Jul 04, 2018 01:20:31 pm
      Honestly mate yeah..

Chance of seeing Keita and Fabinho make their debuts for the reds or watch a drab world cup gane between two drab sides?
      No brainer for me

Like I say I don't dislike them, I've enjoyed this world cup but it's Liverpool for me when it comes to football not Liverpool and.....
      Just Liverpool

Now that you mention it I am actually looking forward to seeing them in action, but then Karius will be in goal and that will upset me again.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3067: Jul 04, 2018 01:26:03 pm
      Now that you mention it I am actually looking forward to seeing them in action, but then Karius will be in goal and that will upset me again.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Grabara play to be honest. I think he will get minutes early pre season with a view to being the number 3 in the first team squad this year
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3068: Jul 04, 2018 02:02:09 pm

Not as upsetting as watching England win :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3069: Jul 04, 2018 09:46:55 pm
      Just looking on wikipedia at England's last win in a penalty shootout 22 years ago at Euro 96 and was struck by two things - the man who missed Spain's last penalty is Rafa Nadal's uncle (I'm sure that's been bandied about before but something I forgot) and why on earth did Terry Venables use all three substitutions at the same time...during the 109th minute of extra time? What sort of madman decides to only make changes 109 minutes into a game?

edit: It gets worse. In the semi final against Germany where they went to penalties he made NO changes at all! 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3070: Jul 06, 2018 04:22:59 pm
      Well found the one bonus to England doing well!! :laugh:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1014826383904821248
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3071: Jul 06, 2018 06:58:13 pm

It is quite terrible what has happened to Robinson though, a real infringement of free speech and human rights. Plus despite his questionable politics he did a lot of good in exposing the grooming gangs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3072: Jul 06, 2018 09:19:39 pm
      Of course coming from Liverpool we are scousers first but definitely enjoying a rekindling of my supporting England which has been marred for many years by the yob supporter. Now the decent people seem to have a voice again and the Country is enjoying this World Cup because we expect nothing from it rather than the usual crap media hype. Also how great is it for young Trent to be in this what an experience for him. But remember Jordan Henderson so maligned by his own fans well he now holds the record for unbeaten games in an England shirt so maybe the job he does is so important to the team and its also why Jürgen always picks him if fit.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3073: Jul 07, 2018 01:43:27 am
      Of course coming from Liverpool we are scousers first but definitely enjoying a rekindling of my supporting England which has been marred for many years by the yob supporter. Now the decent people seem to have a voice again and the Country is enjoying this World Cup because we expect nothing from it rather than the usual crap media hype. Also how great is it for young Trent to be in this what an experience for him. But remember Jordan Henderson so maligned by his own fans well he now holds the record for unbeaten games in an England shirt so maybe the job he does is so important to the team and its also why Jürgen always picks him if fit.

I'm not English but I wish Jordan and TAA all the very best for tomorrow. And I do have to admit - the 'It's coming home' meme has been a bit of a highlight. For a country that became so disaffected with it's national football team, it's somewhat heartening to see so many people reconnect with it and in a way that doesn't take itself too seriously. That's what international football, and even the World Cup should be about, so fair play. Even if the likes of myself may not shed a tear when/if England go out it doesn't mean you shouldn't.

F**k it - life's too short. Go and support your country for one afternoon during this lovely summer. And if you have reservations don't worry - F**k the nationalists, the jingoists, the monarchy whatever. They don't define a nation to yourself, only you can define what your country means! Enjoy it - you might never have a better chance.
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2018 01:52:17 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Kopite78
      Reply #3074: Jul 07, 2018 08:44:59 am

F**k it - life's too short. Go and support your country for one afternoon during this lovely summer. And if you have reservations don't worry - f**k the nationalists, the jingoists, the monarchy whatever. They don't define a nation to yourself, only you can define what your country means! Enjoy it - you might never have a better chance.

There's a difference between being proud of where you live and supporting the football team

🤷‍♂️
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3075: Jul 07, 2018 08:50:57 am
      It is quite terrible what has happened to Robinson though, a real infringement of free speech and human rights. Plus despite his questionable politics he did a lot of good in exposing the grooming gangs.

Absolutely terrible that he didn't get a longer sentence and he didn't expose anything
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3076: Jul 07, 2018 10:28:43 am
      Absolutely terrible that he didn't get a longer sentence and he didn't expose anything

I thought he did expose himself and his mates for what they really are.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3077: Jul 07, 2018 11:25:24 am
      I thought he did expose himself and his mates for what they really are.

True
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3078: Jul 07, 2018 11:36:30 am

Longer sentence for what exactly?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3079: Jul 07, 2018 12:08:45 pm
      Longer sentence for what exactly?

Take it to another thread...FFS..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3080: Jul 07, 2018 12:39:37 pm
      I suspect the team will be the usual one if all are fit. Despite personal dislikes of Sterling surely at some point he has to shine he is a good player maybe a little sh*t but he scored a lot of goals for City this year. Hopefully Ali is fit he seems lethargic so far he must be carrying some kind of injury. How about a Jordan Henderson winning goal I would be so pleased for the lad.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3081: Jul 07, 2018 01:12:47 pm
      I suspect the team will be the usual one if all are fit. Despite personal dislikes of Sterling surely at some point he has to shine he is a good player maybe a little sh*t but he scored a lot of goals for City this year. Hopefully Ali is fit he seems lethargic so far he must be carrying some kind of injury. How about a Jordan Henderson winning goal I would be so pleased for the lad.
      If Hendo scores sucha goal it could transform him into a beast of a midfielder.
      3 important things, Composure, Confidence and Ability. He's missing confidence. A bit more confidence in his overall game would work wonders.

Quick Reply