Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

England National Football Team

Read 368556 times
      Keith Singleton and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #2599: Sep 08, 2016 02:43:35 pm
      Guess Rip can't work it out even with a clue like Norfolk Red.  :mad:
      There is many Norfolk. Not only in UK  :roll:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2600: Sep 08, 2016 02:46:54 pm
      Explain why Iceland can beat us in a major tournament with a population of 300.000 people ?
      Upsets will always be in Football. It's the nature of football. I seen upsets in world cup qualifying the last couple of weeks. Especially in Asian qualifying.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,182 posts | 533 
      Reply #2601: Sep 08, 2016 07:29:42 pm
      There is many Norfolk. Not only in UK  :roll:

Norfolk UK Rip, and it should be, there are many Norfolk's fella, not how you put it  :roll: :roll: :mad:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2602: Sep 08, 2016 09:44:03 pm
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #2603: Sep 09, 2016 02:29:19 pm

Norfolk UK Rip, and it should be, there are many Norfolk's fella, not how you put it  :roll: :roll: :mad:

Request a username change, mate. Just so there's no future confusion.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2604: Sep 26, 2016 10:55:36 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2605: Sep 26, 2016 10:57:54 pm
      Oh dear. Not so Big now is he?!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2606: Sep 26, 2016 11:19:10 pm

To be honest, though, it's a lot of smoke without fire.

Not that much to see.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2607: Sep 26, 2016 11:40:20 pm

Not that much to see.

Is it though? It stinks of sleaze. Irish Independent saying that rules within the FA means his actions were illegal. They'll have to do a quick rewriting of the rule book for him to save his job.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #2608: Sep 26, 2016 11:43:51 pm

Not that much to see.

I agree. I detest the fact this useless fat w**ker is our manager, but from the video and from what I have read, what has he done wrong?

He has experience in these matters, and shared it. Obviously there is nothing wrong in that, or looking to make more money. The clincher was when they tried to get him on player "bungs", no sorry, like you say, not much to see.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #2609: Sep 26, 2016 11:46:47 pm
      Is it though? It stinks of sleaze. Irish Independent saying that rules within the FA means his actions were illegal. They'll have to do a quick rewriting of the rule book for him to save his job.

The fact is he is being given an opportunity to make more money offering advice on the game he knows. For me there is nothing here to trouble him with. I would be interested to see what rules he is breaking regarding the FA though, as they are the masters when it comes to "iffy" arrangements.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2610: Sep 26, 2016 11:48:42 pm
      The fact is he is being given an opportunity to make more money offering advice on the game he knows. For me there is nothing here to trouble him with. I would be interested to see what rules he is breaking regarding the FA though, as they are the masters when it comes to "iffy" arrangements.

Given the fact that it's leading a lot of headlines tonight I think it's a bit more than that to be honest. But as you say the FA aren't whiter than white so will allow him to get away with it.

If they do find reason to sack him it will be because they insulted their old pal Roy.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2611: Sep 26, 2016 11:54:04 pm
      I can't stand the guy but the FA really aren't the people to be taking the moral high ground after the corrupt sh*t they've no doubt been involved in over the years.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #2612: Sep 26, 2016 11:55:34 pm
      Give the man a break FFS...
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #2613: Sep 26, 2016 11:56:20 pm
      Given the fact that it's leading a lot of headlines tonight I think it's a bit more than that to be honest. But as you say the FA aren't whiter than white so will allow him to get away with it.

If they do find reason to sack him it will be because they insulted their old pal Roy.

There may well be something im missing, and don't get me wrong, I will laugh my bloody head off if hes sacked! However I just cant see anything here. I think they tried to get him on player bungs and failed massively, after that, they went with what they have and hope something comes of it.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #2614: Sep 27, 2016 12:07:42 am
      Wouldn't want to get myself into any hot water by making unfounded allegations of corruption, so I'll just agree that he's a Fat arl b***ard with a droopy face.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #2615: Sep 27, 2016 04:20:11 am
      And there's more, he's only gone and slagged off Woy and Gary Nev  :lmao:

Exclusive: Sam Allardyce mocked predecessor Roy Hodgson - and hit out at Gary Neville

Sam Allardyce mimicked his  predecessor Roy Hodgson’s speech  impediment by calling him “Woy” and saying he was no use as a public speaker because “he’d send them all to sleep”.

The England manager also suggested Hodgson had “just collapsed” as the national team crashed out of Euro 2016 to lowly Iceland, and that he had been “too indecisive”.

He said that Gary Neville, Hodgson’s assistant manager, had been “the wrong influence” and should have been told to “sit down and shut up”.

Allardyce said the squad of players Hodgson took to the tournament was too young. He also told undercover reporters posing as Far East businessmen about the England chances of players including Joe Hart, Jack Wilshere and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Allardyce’s unguarded comments about his own players to a group of people he had never met before are likely to trouble his employers at the Football Association, as are his derogatory remarks about Hodgson.

The FA has previously complained about the use of the word “Woy” when referring to Hodgson.

During a one-hour meeting with the reporters – the first time Allardyce had met them – he spoke freely about his views on England’s football team and its previous manager.

Asked if Hodgson had outside earnings, Allardyce said: “No, he wouldn’t want to, he’d send them all to sleep, Roy. Woy. He hasn’t got the personality for it.”

In 2012 the FA accused The Sun newspaper of “unacceptable” behaviour after it poked fun at Hodgson’s speech with the headline “Woy Gets England Job… Bwing On The Euwos”.

The FA said the headline was “disrespectful” and “in poor taste”, suggesting they may want to speak to Allardyce about his own reference to “Woy”.

In a meeting with undercover reporters at a London hotel, where  Allardyce was discussing opportunities for earning extra money, he discussed his views on why England had done so badly at Euro 2016.

“Psychologically, we can’t cope,” he said. “There’s a psychological barrier.”  Referring to Hodgson he said: “The players let him down in the end. I think maybe he was too indecisive. Cast a bit of an anxiety over to the players maybe. If that ever happened to me as a manager, I’d be absolutely gutted. It would be my fault.

“So I’d have come in at half time and gone, right: bang bang bang bang bang. And then if that didn’t work I’d have gone bang, substitute, substitute, know what I mean, and changed the complete style in the team…but he ummed and ah-ed and Gary Neville arguing about when to bring Rushford [sic] on…”

One of his advisers corrected him, saying “Rashford”, adding that “they only brought him on for five minutes” referring to Hodgson’s decision to bring on striker Marcus Rashford at the end of the Iceland game.

Allardyce said: “They were arguing for 10 minutes about bringing him on, him and Gary Neville. So Gary was the wrong influence for him… ----ing, tell Gary to sit down and shut up, you do what you want. You’re the manager, you do what you want, not what anyone else wants.”

Turning to Iceland’s goals, he said: “If somebody makes two mistakes, one after the other, you’re gonna get in big trouble. We all make mistakes, but the next man can’t make the same ones. And Kyle Walker made a bigger mistake than Wayne Rooney.”

Allardyce agreed when one person in the meeting said he has “never felt lower” as an England fan than following the Iceland defeat.  The manager then explained he believed the age of England’s squad was a vital factor.

“It was the youngest side in Europe. It was the youngest squad,” he said. “The average age was under 25. There are some stats out there that says that any team that wins a tournament has to be, has to have an average age of 27 or above.”

Allardyce was concerned about England players such as Rashford, the Manchester United youngster, failing to be picked for their club sides.

“Can’t play them then,” he said. “Joe Hart. Jack Wilshere, on the bench for Arsenal. Oxlade-Chamberlain on the bench. You can play them, but they’re not playing for the club. When they’re not playing for the club, they’re just short of match practice.”

Allardyce was talking about the players to what he thought was a group of investors looking to make money in the transfer market.  The FA will now have to decide whether, in doing so, he risked a potential conflict of interest.

Asked if managers would fight him to stop him taking their players on international duty, he said: “That’s the name of the game innit, like.

“When they finish the game on Sunday I’m in control of the players. Not them.

“So if I want to call them up, I’ll call them up, whether they say I can or I can’t. I’ll call them up anyway. I don’t give a s--- about what you say.”

Turning to his employers, the FA, he said: “They’re all about making money aren’t they? You know the FA’s the richest football association in the world?”

He then qualified his statement by saying the FA had the biggest turnover, but were not the richest, because “they stupidly spent £870 million on Wembley, so they are still paying that debt off”.

He said England’s home stadium was “fabulous”, but went on: “If they’d built it anywhere else, it would have cost about 400 million… most of the money the FA make will go to the interest on the debt”.

Wembley will host the semi-finals and final of the Euro 2020 football tournament, which is being held in 13 cities across Europe, rather than in one country.

Last Wednesday, Allardyce attended the official launch of the event in London, and during a meeting with undercover reporters the next day he complained that the Duke of Cambridge, who is president of the FA, was “the only one who never turned up”.

He said: “He’s our ambassador for the Football Association, so it would have been nice if he’d have turned up but he obviously had more, much busier things on.”

Told that the Duke, who works for East Anglian Air Ambulance, is a helicopter pilot, Allardyce replied: “That’s Harry. Harry’s the helicopter man. Harry’s a naughty boy. He’s a very naughty boy, very naughty. He shows his bottom and all sorts.”

During a conversation about England’s upcoming matches, Allardyce said the national side were next due to play Malta and then “it’s Slovenia or something”. England play Slovenia on Oct 11.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-sam-allardyce-mocked-predecessor-roy-hodgson---and-hit/
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2616: Sep 27, 2016 08:04:54 am
      He really is Mike Bassett.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #2617: Sep 27, 2016 09:23:19 am
      This winds me up no end.

I’m incredibly lucky, I work in a soulless role as an IT Consultant but I’m fortunate enough to have a very comfortable life and a nice family.

Being the lefties that we are, my wife (who doesn’t work) does a lot of charity work for people on the breadline.  Both Shelter or just low income.

To your average Joe, 20k PA is a pipedream, but even at that amount they would have to work for 20 YEARS to earn the figure Sam is talking about here.

20 years of 10 hour days to earn what he can just pinch in a twisted deal.

And when I came into work this morning, it’s put to me that we are supposed to blame the newspaper for stirring the pot? 
      I’m against almost all tabloids and the puppet masters that control them (obviously) but on this one the blame is fairly on the greedy imbecile being filmed.

Apparently at the highest level of football management. A role model to players and managers alike.

On an eye watering salary of 3 million pounds for roughly 12 games a year. 

This again is a system where the cash is sucked out from one end of the spectrum and thrown at the other. 

If match day tickets were ÂŁ10-ÂŁ20 quite honestly, I wouldn’t care as much as I do now. 
      We live in a world though were Mr. Average Joe struggles to get to the game, struggles to take his children to give them their match day experience, the same experience he had with his dad. 
      Fans are exploited - week in, week out - in our obsession to follow this circus around the world.

Just look at the inflation in football currently, the transfers and ridiculous money paid….  How can we believe that managers, whoever they represent, haven’t skimmed something off those transfers?

I couldn’t give a shiney sh*te about England but I’m furious

Fantastic journalism in naming and shaming and I hope it continues.

There are very little places where so much is shared, by so few, and corruption does not exist.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2618: Sep 27, 2016 12:32:49 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #2619: Sep 27, 2016 12:37:23 pm
      I'd be worried if I was Moyes ;D
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2620: Sep 27, 2016 12:45:35 pm
      I'd be worried if I was Moyes ;D

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:   fat man   :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2621: Sep 27, 2016 01:25:36 pm

Quick Reply