Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

England National Football Team

Read 360058 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #2668: Sep 27, 2016 11:04:52 pm
      Eight people starting to get a bit hot under the collar.

I hope there ain't one up in Scotland with the way we spent funds...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2669: Sep 27, 2016 11:14:50 pm
      I've never been a lover of fat Sam but it grates me how the press set him up and many many others for their own gains. Certainly not good for English football as a whole.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2670: Sep 27, 2016 11:17:11 pm
      Love this. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2671: Sep 27, 2016 11:27:02 pm
      Well it's amazing what 24 hours can do for the career of one man.

Well and truly GAME OVER!

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #2672: Sep 27, 2016 11:29:45 pm
      I hope there ain't one up in Scotland with the way we spent funds...

Good thing then that FSG didn't allow managers to negotiate deals then. 

:roll:
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #2673: Sep 27, 2016 11:59:22 pm
      Allerdici didn't even go through an intermediary. He must be that use to taking bungs (and the relative safety of it) or that lazy he just doesn't care.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #2674: Sep 28, 2016 01:36:51 am
      I've never been a lover of fat Sam but it grates me how the press set him up and many many others for their own gains. Certainly not good for English football as a whole.

Nor me. All our press are the same, they did it with Sven before a world cup. If you are going to do something like this, do it to the German manager, or Brazilian!

I still don't think he did anything wrong. Yeah sure, greed kicked in, but how many of us would trample over others at our work place to make sure we get more money? Thats generally what he did. He doesn't need that money, he has enough, but then again, like I ask, who here wouldn't do the same? more money for me? DAMN RIGHT!

All this sacking has done is paper over the long term cracks, and according to the telegraph, those cracks will collapse the house.

As an afterthought though, if Alex Ferguson is not mentioned in one of those reports I will call Bullshit!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #2675: Sep 28, 2016 02:06:14 am
      Well it's amazing what 24 hours can do for the career of one man.

Well and truly GAME OVER!

Hahahahahaha perfect!! And the fat tw*t got in a nark over that as well

Surprised Ferguson never said anything in defence of his mate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #2676: Sep 28, 2016 02:10:46 am
      I still don't think he did anything wrong.

Apart from describing in detail how to get around the measures the FA had put in place to try and stop sh*t like bungs happening when transfers take place!!

Sums the F***ing dickhead up and those of the same ilk who'll talk about anything to get their grubby hands on 30 pieces of silver.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #2677: Sep 28, 2016 02:22:31 am
      The Russians & Qataris must be loving this...

Shambles....

Steady on now, we don't execute homosexuals so we're not quite on their level yet.

Although Andre Gray may see to that.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2678: Sep 28, 2016 07:18:02 am
      No way am I defending him here, just a comment on England in general really. It's no wonder the national team is such an embarrassment when the English media set up stings to set up the England manager.

I'm very glad they did. It's getting absurd, now. The amount of corruption and bribery in this game just makes me sick. And it's not just at the very top level like we've seen with FIFA and now Big Sam.

It's a widespread issue from the top to the middle and they very bottom of the game. From World Cup bids, to end of season match-fixing in Russia and amateur level games affected by underground gambling syndicates. I'm sick of reading about it.

It's disgusting the comments i have seen on social media about people actually criticising the DT for doing this. Sam is corrupt. He promotes corruption and spreads it. He has absolutely no place in this game - especially being paid millions of pounds in the process.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2679: Sep 28, 2016 07:31:20 am
      So big fat sam has been found out and quickly shown the door.The supporters of all the clubs he has managed must be wondering if he sold them down the river for his own gain of the filthy lucre.Now that he has been found out he should be banned from the game forever.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #2680: Sep 28, 2016 07:33:42 am
      Just echoing how everyone is feeling about this,the England job is a part time job,you get to watch all the top games in the premiership,while mulling over your next game in a months time,and get paid 3 million a year plus bonuses,but it wasn't enough for this greedy f**ker,the fact he took his lawyer and financial advisor with him,clearly shows the intent was there to do a deal,just unreal,also be very suprised if his big mate ferguson is not on that list which his lawyers have stopped them from being published,as for the England job i would give it to Ranieri if he is interested.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #2681: Sep 28, 2016 08:33:42 am
      Redangel

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Reply #2682: Sep 28, 2016 08:36:12 am
      Do people really think the DT decided one day, I know we'll do a sting on big Sam! They must have had information that they acted on. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever, he got the job he'd always wanted, but never thought he'd get, then just weeks after being appointed on £3m plus bonuses, he gets caught grabbing around for more. Greed, pure and simple!
      His comments re 3rd party ownership are disgraceful!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2683: Sep 28, 2016 09:52:13 am
      Gareth Southgate in temporary charge.

Gotta give it to that opportunistic shitbag. He's F***ing awful but knows where to be at the right time to land jobs he is nowhere near qualified to perform.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #2684: Sep 28, 2016 09:58:39 am
      Perhaps it will be, third time lucky. It is high time the FA picked a decent England manager.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2685: Sep 28, 2016 10:09:25 am

It's what the press do.

Fat Sam has previous alleged bunging form, despite a £3,000,000 annual salary, plus bonus', plus free 1st class travel, and all expenses paid for hotel accommodation, free tickets to see any football game he wants, and ol;y having to manage about 10 games a year, he is still a greedy F***ing runt.

My only surprise is how stupid he is. His parents must be so proud.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2686: Sep 28, 2016 10:15:53 am
      https://twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/status/781048309934764032

@BSmith 
      The 33 Chilean miners trapped in 2010 were underground for 2 days longer than Allardyce was England manager.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2687: Sep 28, 2016 11:06:46 am
      Nor me. All our press are the same, they did it with Sven before a world cup. If you are going to do something like this, do it to the German manager, or Brazilian!

I still don't think he did anything wrong. Yeah sure, greed kicked in, but how many of us would trample over others at our work place to make sure we get more money? Thats generally what he did. He doesn't need that money, he has enough, but then again, like I ask, who here wouldn't do the same? more money for me? DAMN RIGHT!

All this sacking has done is paper over the long term cracks, and according to the telegraph, those cracks will collapse the house.

As an afterthought though, if Alex Ferguson is not mentioned in one of those reports I will call Bullshit!

With all due respect that speaks volumes about your and his morality, stupidity and greed. Personally if I was in my dream job, earning £3m plus bonuses for managing a team a dozen times a year then I would be whiter than white, I sure as F**k wouldn't be describing how to circumvent my employer and generally talking sh*t about them to some random people I had just met!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2688: Sep 28, 2016 11:23:09 am
      With all due respect that speaks volumes about your and his morality, stupidity and greed. Personally if I was in my dream job, earning £3m plus bonuses for managing a team a dozen times a year then I would be whiter than white, I sure as F**k wouldn't be describing how to circumvent my employer and generally talking sh*t about them to some random people I had just met!

For someone in his position to immediately be talking very openly about something like this with strangers, you have to worry about how "normal" this practice is.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #2689: Sep 28, 2016 11:36:14 am
      How does it goes...

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me....

Admittedly I do prefer the Bush version... ;D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #2690: Sep 28, 2016 11:41:15 am
      What a first class bellend ,Play it again, Sam. Wasn't there some controversy surrounding payments to Allardyce senior via his son about a decade ago? Seem to recall a documentary about it, including allegations against Whiskey nose  and his sons too.
      What amazes me is what some people will do to add an extra zero to the end of their already bulging bank account.I mean the guy has been involved in football for so so long  and must have tens of millions of pounds to his name, not to mention investments and such like.

Quick Reply