Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

England National Football Team

Read 356944 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #3243: Jun 15, 2022 09:18:58 am
      They played? Hope none of our lot were involved.

Tried to!! Got battered 4-0 by Hungary.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #3244: Jun 15, 2022 09:53:34 am
      Police officer knocked out unconscious spent the night in hospital 4 men was arrested at last night’s game
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3245: Jun 15, 2022 09:55:32 am
      Police officer knocked out unconscious spent the night in hospital 4 men was arrested at last night’s game

sure he didnt pass out through sheer boredom. England fans a breed a part but at least they sing the national anthem though
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3246: Sep 23, 2022 09:00:29 pm
      another nail-biting tense exhilarating game tonight but not involving England . At some point the powers that be will realise Southgate is a born loser and if England get beat tonight they get relegated into group B Nations league. But jeez this poor by anyones standards
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #3247: Sep 23, 2022 09:43:34 pm
      F**k, England must be really sh*t. I didn't even know you could get relegated in international football.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3248: Sep 23, 2022 09:51:53 pm
      F**k, England must be really sh*t. I didn't even know you could get relegated in international football.

Southgate just hasn’t got the tactical nouse to take what looks like a very good side on paper to win anything.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3249: Sep 23, 2022 09:57:02 pm
      Southgate just hasn’t got the tactical nouse to take what looks like a very good side on paper to win anything.

when did he ever show this in his management career qualities to take on the England job and win something he is a corporate man sadly not a footballing man.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3250: Sep 23, 2022 09:59:11 pm
      when did he ever show this in his management career qualities to take on the England job and win something he is a corporate man sadly not a footballing man.

Never shown anything to my knowledge but yeah he’s very clever when you listen to him, just knows fcuk all about how the game is played.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3251: Sep 23, 2022 10:07:31 pm
      Never shown anything to my knowledge but yeah he’s very clever when you listen to him, just knows fcuk all about how the game is played.

quoted as the most successful manager in 55 years, Success usually accompanies winning not falling down when the chance comes your way to win. How many times have we seen this bollox about England from the Press a team usually or a good team is greater than the sum of the parts/players in it we take good players and make them awful. Kane didnt get a decent cross in and Trent just sat on the bench.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #3252: Sep 23, 2022 10:31:25 pm

Very lucky to get the job. It fell into his lap by default as his predecessor was a complete disaster. Was always going to get found out.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3253: Sep 23, 2022 10:40:37 pm
      quoted as the most successful manager in 55 years,

That’s not saying much since we’ve won fcuk all since 1966  :lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3254: Sep 23, 2022 11:23:00 pm
      Quite funny watching England squander their best chances of success in a long time with that joker of a manager.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #3255: Sep 24, 2022 01:31:38 am

Afraid I can't agree with you there. England defence is rubbish, a far cry from the Ferdinand/Terry/Carragher/Campbell generation. Maguire, Stones and Dier wouldn't get into any international top team. Shaw at LB isn't exactly world class either (and Saka... isn't a LB).
      I'd argue Tomori should get a chance, he's actually been very solid with Milan.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3256: Sep 24, 2022 02:46:24 am
      Didn't watch any of the game but I did catch the result, which made me laugh. How is the likes of Maguire still being picked.

Southgatehas had a good run. I honestly don't believe many English Premier League fans have much interest in it all.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3257: Sep 24, 2022 09:14:07 am
      Relegation fodder. L o l
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #3258: Sep 24, 2022 09:24:42 am

Another FA F**k up, do any of those overpaid, back scratchers actually monitor the results of their wayward decisions?
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #3259: Sep 24, 2022 11:28:42 am
      Watched half an hour of second half, including the goal. Very dull game, poor performance.

I think Southgate has been fairly honest, saying that he believes international football is about being solid in defence and winning games 1-0. England played mostly boring football in the Euros. They have never be able to play possession based attacking football against good teams.
      The last 30 years of international football probably support his argument. Most successful teams have been fairly low scoring. The successful Spain team was very good at retaining possession but  didn't score a lot of goals.
      England don't currently have players who are good enough to consistently grind out enough wins to win a tournament. They will always have a few minor individual errors, like the Italy goal last night.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3260: Sep 25, 2022 11:48:36 am

He doesn't sound clever at all, just got a nice speaking voice for the press conferences and looks good in a three piece suit.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3261: Sep 25, 2022 11:49:35 am
      He doesn't sound clever at all, just got a nice speaking voice for the press conferences and looks good in a three piece suit.

Got a manc voice hasn’t he. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3262: Sep 25, 2022 11:50:09 am
      Watched half an hour of second half, including the goal. Very dull game, poor performance.

I think Southgate has been fairly honest, saying that he believes international football is about being solid in defence and winning games 1-0. England played mostly boring football in the Euros. They have never be able to play possession based attacking football against good teams.
      The last 30 years of international football probably support his argument. Most successful teams have been fairly low scoring. The successful Spain team was very good at retaining possession but  didn't score a lot of goals.
      England don't currently have players who are good enough to consistently grind out enough wins to win a tournament. They will always have a few minor individual errors, like the Italy goal last night.

He's talking utter F***ing sh*te.

What the F**k has Southgate done in his managerial career so far? He's a nearly man.

Plus England are really, really sh*t.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3263: Sep 25, 2022 11:51:13 am
      Got a manc voice hasn’t he. 

No, there's no accent there. Just a drone.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3264: Sep 25, 2022 11:57:12 am
      He's talking utter f**king sh*te.

What the f**k has Southgate done in his managerial career so far? He's a nearly man.

Plus England are really, really sh*t.

I think the side is better than the performances myself to which I put down to the manager. He’s a bit like Ole.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3265: Sep 25, 2022 12:04:53 pm
      I think the side is better than the performances myself to which I put down to the manager. He’s a bit like Ole.

With the right tactics yeah.

Plus a couple of games before the world cup, bring in someone like Toney into the squad and refuse to use him. Same team as normal. No experimenting. Any injuries in the world Cup and Southgate's head will be kettled.

Quick Reply