Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

England National Football Team

Read 356947 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #23: Jun 09, 2009 09:09:11 pm
      Heard today that Carrick is actually injured, so it will be interesting seeing the team selection tommorow.

Apparently Andorra have claimed that they are going to aim to try and frustrate England tommorow - putting 10 men behind the ball basically so an early goal will definately help. If that's the case then I don't think it's really neccessary for there to be a holding midfielder as such tommorow night.

Maybe something like:

Green

Johnson Terry Upson Cole

Wright-Phillips Beckham Lampard Gerrard

Heskey Rooney

Saying on the news now, that Gary Neville could start ahead of Johnson, who is on a ban if he gets another yellow card.

On your team as well Ross, why not start Beckham on the right, Wright-Phillips on the left and Steven in the middle as the holding player and let glory boy play as the attcking midfielder.

See there is a tube strike on, and people are texting in SSN with suggestions about walking to the game, don't any buses stop near Wembley?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #24: Jun 09, 2009 09:20:42 pm
      Gary Neville!? For fucks sake... I'd rather someone like Richards or generally any other English right back.

Yeah that's true there is a tube strike, and I was thinking that too about the buses, I'm not too sure though to be honest.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #25: Jun 10, 2009 12:07:08 am
      Couldn't give a toss apart from Stevie G keeping fit.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #26: Jun 10, 2009 12:30:42 am
      Probable XI:

Code: [Select]
      Green
      Neville - Terry - Upson - Cole
      Barry - Lampard
      Walcott - Gerrard - Rooney
      Heskey

With Gerrard and Rooney interchanging.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #27: Jun 10, 2009 12:39:54 am
      How could anyone support a team with Neville, Rooney, Terry and Lampard in it?

I am not English and have a lot of time for international football and have a soft spot for many countries but to clap on Rooney..would make me sick.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #28: Jun 10, 2009 12:44:41 am

I am not English and have a lot of time for international football and have a soft spot for many countries but to clap on Rooney..would make me sick.

There's support at Club level and support at International level.

I dislike Rooney, but while he plays for my country I'll hope that he puts in 100%.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #29: Jun 10, 2009 01:09:57 am
      Probable XI:

Green
      Barry - Lampard
      Heskey

Barry's suspended!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #30: Jun 10, 2009 02:41:35 am

I knew that, just seeing if you'd notice ;)

I really mean Milner.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #31: Jun 10, 2009 12:01:25 pm
      I knew that, just seeing if you'd notice ;)

I really mean Milner.

Milner? Where would he play though.

I'm actually struggling to think of another CM who could be called up to play in Barry's position, unless Capello is thinking of putting Lampard/Gerrard/Beckham there.

I think you've answered you're own question there mate, you're not English.

Put it this way, if you were from the Ivory Coast are you saying you wouldn't support your national team because Drogba plays for them?

You've got to try and see past club football at International level. The players can do it, so the fans certainly should be able to do it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #32: Jun 10, 2009 12:13:52 pm
      You've got to try and see past club football at International level. The players can do it, so the fans certainly should be able to do it.

Just a shame half of England's fans are complete and utter wankers.

Couldn't create an atmosphere if they F***ing tried, the burberry-wearing F***ing quilts.

"I'm Ingurlund til I die" - I F***ing hate that song, pure championship-level type of song that.

And Dadorious didn't the Croat's fans take the piss out of England's support when they beat them at Wembley in the euro qualifiers.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #33: Jun 10, 2009 12:17:58 pm
      Just a shame half of England's fans are complete and utter wankers.

Couldn't create an atmosphere if they f**king tried, the burberry-wearing f**king quilts.

"I'm Ingurlund til I die" - I f**king hate that song, pure championship-level type of song that.

And Dadorious didn't the Croat's fans take the piss out of England's support when they beat them at Wembley in the euro qualifiers.

Agree with that 110%. A lot of them are lower league fans and if theres any top flight fans I think it's usually the rent boys.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #34: Jun 10, 2009 12:29:25 pm
      I am not a supporter of England as a team during International meetings, I just cheer on Gerrard though! [and Owen too]  :) Well i think England  has not got a good squad..Do you guys think English teams playing in Premier League and all divisions  should encourage and bring in more English players compared to the number of  foreign players playing in England; just to have more experienced, well-trained and a full fit squad of caliber and thus increase on their competencies and chances of winning a world cup?..My fav international team is Brazil.. :soccer_h4h:
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #35: Jun 10, 2009 12:55:38 pm
      Easier said than done really. Nowadays clubs would rather buy a foreign player who they think would be decent rather than giving their youth a go. Maybe England as a nation just isn't producing enough world class players though, difficult one to answer really.

I do think England has a good squad though, it's more choosing who to play and where to play them because there are a lot of players in the squad that are of similar ability.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #36: Jun 10, 2009 01:01:46 pm
      ^^ yeah, good point you mentioned there about saying "its more choosing who to play.."
      Still I think it would have done real good and benefit to the England National Team together in more youth and allow them to play high level games..to assure the future of this team.  :)
      Gerrard-08
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #37: Jun 10, 2009 03:28:58 pm
      Won't be long before the game. My team prediction is similar to Reslivo's but with Beckham being a straight replacement for Barry and Rooney starting in the middle, Gerrard on the right. Rooney and Gerrard will interchange throughout the game which has worked so well previously.

I think Wright-Phillips will probably replace Beckham within the second half.

Green
      Beckham - Lampard
      Walcott - Rooney - Gerrard
      Heskey

Score Prediction: England - 5
                                Andorra - 0

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #38: Jun 10, 2009 03:48:19 pm
      Probable XI:

Green
      Barry - Lampard
      Heskey

What with Gerrard becoming sh*t, and Rooney becoming effective! :lmao:
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #39: Jun 10, 2009 03:52:51 pm
      Frustrating to watch and sleep inducing England maybe at times but i will support them because i'm English.

Fabio Capello is the best manager this side has had in well over 20 years, he's sorted us out no end after the F***ing shambles that was Eriksson and then McLaren.

A 100% record in the qualifiers is not to be sniffed at, whilst we may not be a nailed on certainty to win the World Cup we have as much chance as everyone else so why not? We certainly have the players to do it, the only real position i'm worried about along with everyone else it seems is the GK.

So what if we have hatred of Chelski and ManUre, i for one would be very proud to see our Stevie parade the World Cup around the stadium after the final and whether it's in the hands of Terry, Cole, Rooney, Barry, Beckham or whoever it doesn't matter.

They won it for England and thats what would count for me.

johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #40: Jun 10, 2009 03:54:00 pm

I am English but I agree entirely. If you spend your life absolutely loathing these people and everything they stand for how on earth can you support them in an England shirt.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #41: Jun 10, 2009 07:27:26 pm
      ENGLAND TEAM TO FACE ANDORRA

Green, Johnson, A Cole, Gerrard, Lescott, Terry, Beckham, Lampard, Crouch, Rooney, Walcott.

Subs: Robinson, Neville, Bridge, Young, Wright-Phillips, Defoe, C Cole.

Green

Johnson  Terry  Lescott   A. Cole

Beckham   Lampard
      Walcott                          Gerrard
                                Rooney
                     Crouch

johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #42: Jun 10, 2009 07:35:06 pm
      It shows just what a professional Stevie is. Not only should he be Capt but he should also be in central midfield and yet he doesn't make a sound and gets on with it.
      Gerrard-08
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #43: Jun 10, 2009 07:46:22 pm
      ENGLAND TEAM TO FACE ANDORRA

Green, Johnson, A Cole, Gerrard, Lescott, Terry, Beckham, Lampard, Crouch, Rooney, Walcott.

Subs: Robinson, Neville, Bridge, Young, Wright-Phillips, Defoe, C Cole.

Green

Johnson  Terry  Lescott   A. Cole

Beckham   Lampard
      Walcott                          Gerrard
                                Rooney
                     Crouch

my team wasnt far wrong then ;D  ::)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #44: Jun 10, 2009 07:52:11 pm

Because those, Liverpool, fans who follow England are big enough to put club football to one and wish the best for their country. The same way Real Madrid fans will probably applaud life long Athletico Madrid fan Fernando Torres when he pulls on the Spanish shirt.

The fans I don't understand are the ones who slag England off but then w*nk over the fact Gerrard has played well. Personally I used to follow England but since Capello questioning if or not Stevie was injured my support for the national side disappeared and I couldn't care less how any player gets on for the Three Lions. Obviously I don't want Gerrard coming back injured from England duty but in the same breath I'm not overly fussed if he scores a hattrick or misses six sitters.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #45: Jun 10, 2009 08:01:24 pm
      f***in hell. Rooney getting interviewed then. Looks like he should be selling the Big Issue outside Boots on Clayton Square with a forlorn looking skinny black and brown mongrel at his feet...

Quick Reply