Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

FourFourTwo

Read 2323 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      FourFourTwo
      Jun 25, 2009 10:49:58 pm
      Does anybody buy/read it?

I only get it every now and again, mainly for something to prevent me dying of boredom in the Chinese I work in.

There was a part of this month's issue that particularly caught my attention though, the bit on Nii Lamptey - very interesting read that was.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: FourFourTwo
      Reply #1: Jun 25, 2009 10:54:43 pm
      Last issue i read was the one with Villa on the cover, my mate brought it back from England for me :D

Its not a bad read, im a bit of a sporadic buyer though. Theres lots of different magazines out there so i just buy them if they have something of interest.. usually something to do with Liverpool, or features on players i like.

FourFourTwo is one i get more often, but can sometimes be hard to find.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Jun 25, 2009 11:21:10 pm
      Expensive though, far too expensive.

The last one I had before this one with Cruyff on the front was the one with Torres on the front.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3: Jun 25, 2009 11:31:25 pm
      Yeah works out to about 10 dollars Australian which is 3 bucks more than your average magazine.

On the flip side, more often than not ill spend more time reading it than alot of others, always seems to be alot to read which is good. But would be more appreciated if it was cheaper for the same thing :P
      Red34
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 26, 2009 05:35:37 am
      i buy it sometimes but i buy the australian issue
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #5: Jun 26, 2009 05:49:21 am
      I'm one of those not that much of a mag reader, and yes I find FourFourTwo expensive for a magazine. Costs about $19 here, and normal magazines cost only $5-$13. WorldSoccer is another good footy mag, I reckon its better than FourFourTwo, and WorldSoccer is cheaper of course. I'll rather buy a Liverpool shirt for myself than 5 mags of these.

However I don't really buy these mags, I go for a local footy mag which only costs $2, have a good roundup of the week's happenings, as well as it having a good poster for me to paste on my wall :P
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6: Jun 26, 2009 06:19:08 am
      I'm one of those not that much of a mag reader, and yes I find FourFourTwo expensive for a magazine. Costs about $19 here, and normal magazines cost only $5-$13. WorldSoccer is another good footy mag, I reckon its better than FourFourTwo, and WorldSoccer is cheaper of course. I'll rather buy a Liverpool shirt for myself than 5 mags of these.

However I don't really buy these mags, I go for a local footy mag which only costs $2, have a good roundup of the week's happenings, as well as it having a good poster for me to paste on my wall :P

Where are you that it costs that much? Sounds like crazyness!!

Good point, im not gonna buy any magazines for a while and get myself the new away top :D love that shirt
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #7: Jun 26, 2009 09:19:22 am
      So no-one has read the article on Nii Lamptey then? :D
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #8: Jun 26, 2009 09:21:24 am
      A bloke at work has a subscription, so I get his hand me downs for nothing no sure I would bother otherwise
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #9: Jun 26, 2009 09:22:54 am
      A bloke at work has a subscription, so I get his hand me downs for nothing no sure I would bother otherwise

Don't blame you, I wouldn't bother either. I'm sure it used to be one or two quid cheaper didn't it?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #10: Jun 26, 2009 09:29:01 am
      I couldnt even tell you what it costs to be honest but it must be about £4-£5
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #11: Jun 26, 2009 09:46:54 am
      I couldnt even tell you what it costs to be honest but it must be about £4-£5

Yeah it's £4.10 now! What a rip.

Pretty sure it used to be like £3 at the most.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #12: Jun 26, 2009 10:01:05 am
      Where are you that it costs that much? Sounds like crazyness!!

Good point, im not gonna buy any magazines for a while and get myself the new away top :D love that shirt

I'm in Singapore mate. Over here they cost about $19 per mag. Or was it $17. I can't really remember because well its that expensive. The last one I bought was over a year ago. Well in the $17-19 price range. A Liverpool top here costs $80, so yeah I rather buy the top - than 5 mags of it. Carra's paperback autobiography is $33 here, but hardcover $60. I'll know which one I buy, some prices here are inflated.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #13: Jun 26, 2009 08:55:28 pm
      I'm in Singapore mate. Over here they cost about $19 per mag. Or was it $17. I can't really remember because well its that expensive. The last one I bought was over a year ago. Well in the $17-19 price range. A Liverpool top here costs $80, so yeah I rather buy the top - than 5 mags of it. Carra's paperback autobiography is $33 here, but hardcover $60. I'll know which one I buy, some prices here are inflated.

Wow, magazine so much more than Australia -  yet tops cheaper in comparison! Reds top in Australia costs about $130, and thats without any customization, shocking. Glad i bought mine when i was in Liverpool, even after the conversion it still worked out cheaper.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #14: Jun 27, 2009 05:20:34 am
      Wow, magazine so much more than Australia -  yet tops cheaper in comparison! Reds top in Australia costs about $130, and thats without any customization, shocking. Glad I bought mine when I was in Liverpool, even after the conversion it still worked out cheaper.

That Reds top is a rip off. I got mine with customization, and it works out to be $125. $45 for the customization. In the official adidas stores here, the Liverpool top costs $99. But I bought mine from the shipper itself, www.weston.com.sg which is Singapore's premier soccer store, so the prices are cheaper, $80.
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2009 12:22:56 pm by redsonfire »

Quick Reply