Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Football's Next Star

Read 4352 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Football's Next Star
      Jun 19, 2009 02:50:02 am
      http://www.footballsnextstar.com/index.html

Sky1 today launched a search for the UK and Ireland’s next footballing prodigy for an exciting new series.

Open to all 16-18 year olds FOOTBALL’S NEXT STAR will offer young players the chance of a lifetime - a one season contract at reigning Italian champions Inter Milan. Football's Next Star is the biggest, most exciting football talent search ever undertaken in the UK and the Republic Of Ireland. Throughout the summer we are holding trials to unearth the UK and ROI's most talented and promising young unsigned footballer giving them the once in a lifetime chance to play for one of the greatest teams in the world. - Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan.

We are inviting you - if you have what it takes - to be a part of these trials and compete with thousands of likeminded kids who all have only one goal in mind - to be Football's Next Star!

With thousands of successful applicants, you will be put through a series of gruelling and demanding tests, designed by Inter's coaches, to push your abilities to the limit, revealing whether you have the skills to make it in the pressure cooker of professional football.

Next a two day boot camp, at the England training ground, will see 40 young hopefuls competing to reach the lucky group who will go to Italy for intensive training at Inter Milan's Prestigious Youth Academy.

The finalists will then fly to Italy and train at Inter Milan's Prestigious Youth Academy whilst being put up in a luxury villa in Milan for 5 weeks.

Following this ultimate test under the scrutiny of Mourinho and his top coaches, the best will be offered a contract with Inter Milan - could the special one choose you?

Read terms and conditions and register for Football's Next Star.

How good would that be? I know we have a show here in Aus where players win a contract with a petty A-League team but Inter Milan imagine that? I wonder what sort of numbers they will generate I would imagine in the tens of thousands?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Football's Next Star
      Reply #1: Jun 19, 2009 06:59:18 am
      How good would that be? I know we have a show here in Aus where players win a contract with a petty A-League team but Inter Milan imagine that? I wonder what sort of numbers they will generate I would imagine in the tens of thousands?
      We do?
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #2: Jun 19, 2009 12:11:14 pm
      Yeah, on foxtel. Brian McFadden hosts it.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #3: Jun 19, 2009 12:18:36 pm
      This sounds really tempting to be honest.

Born in '94 and live in Singapore, so can't go for it.

I can imagine going through trials by Milan coaches.. train on England's training ground and then fly off to Italy in a luxury villa..

But still I'm not the sort who really likes to play soccer, have no motivation to be honest. Used to play it everyday after school, but now some of my friends have turned into some cocky bas**rds thinking their Steven Gerrard... in Singapore.. I think they must be dreaming :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: Jun 19, 2009 09:51:35 pm

Yeah mate, it's called Football Superstar...it's actually a great reality series....watched the first season (kid got an A-League contract with Sydney FC) and now in the middle of watching the second (kid gets a contract with Melbourne Victory). Great opportunity for young lads although not quite as enticing as playing for Inter though.

Brian McFadden is an absolute tossbag.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #5: Jun 20, 2009 02:18:14 am

Brian McFadden is an absolute tossbag.
      True that.
      StevieJesus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 316 posts |
      • Liverpool Fc - One name. One legend
      Reply #6: Jun 20, 2009 09:10:50 am
      Let's hope that it is not a repeat of the Chelsea's 'Superstar' he got a contract  hasn't played a reserve match I don't think.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7: Jun 20, 2009 03:46:05 pm
      ^ was about to say that. I don't think there will be a star found, there are scouts all over the country and all the best young players are already signed
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Jun 20, 2009 04:12:12 pm
      Let's hope that it is not a repeat of the Chelsea's 'Superstar' he got a contract  hasn't played a reserve match I don't think.

Wasn't that the whole Football Icon thing?

Think he was in the reserves and think he was even on the 1st team bench once :-\

Probably been released now though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #9: Jun 20, 2009 06:40:38 pm

Same sort of thing, except you get the chance of a contract with Inter.

Wonder if Jose's going to pull his pants up ala Simon Cowell.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: Jun 21, 2009 05:48:54 pm
      If it was me and got the chance to go to Inter I think I would mess it up for myself because knowing me the first thing I would do when I met Jose would be call him a pr**k and that he needs to get over all that 'The Special One' bullshit :laugh:

Quick Reply