Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

United Accept £80 million Offer for Ronaldo

Read 12903 times
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Re: United Accept £80 million Offer for Ronaldo
      Reply #23: Jun 11, 2009 11:23:59 am
      where is sepp blatter and michael platini to show their disgust?

oh wait...
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #24: Jun 11, 2009 11:24:12 am
      that's a hell of an amount to spend for manu. If they spend it wisely they could come out of this better.

For Real on the other hand it could be a good investment, even if they don't win anything. Although I wonder if the extra income generated will do the trick. If they wouldn't have bought Kaka I'd say yes, but people will choose between a Kaka-shirt of a Ronaldo-shirt whereas they otherwise would have bought Ronaldo (Of course there are people who will buy both, but that won't be a majority). Also such a transfer would generate more income out of Ticket-sales. Isn't bernabeu sold out every week? And if not, wouldn't that already be the case with Or kaka Or Ronaldo?

Then again, no longer the arrogant pr**k in the premier league!! Hurrah
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #25: Jun 11, 2009 11:31:09 am
      SEE YA RONALDOOOOOO, SEE YA RONALDOOOOOOOOOOOO, HES GETTIN ON THE PLANE AN F***ing OFF TO SPAIN SEE YA RONALDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!!!

:lmao: :lmao:

Just listening to that annorexic f**ker Pete Boyle (a dickhead manc fan) on SSN now. There's your song and all the actions that go with it down the swannee.

That Boyle fella still looks a tramp!
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #26: Jun 11, 2009 11:37:33 am
      SEE YA RONALDOOOOOO, SEE YA RONALDOOOOOOOOOOOO, HES GETTIN ON THE PLANE AN F***ing OFF TO SPAIN SEE YA RONALDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!!!

:lmao: !!!!!
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #27: Jun 11, 2009 11:41:46 am
      Where do Real get their money from?????  They don't get as much from television as United and us.  They have a big fan base, but not as large as Us and the scum.  (i Travel alot and Liverpool and the Scum are everywhere, practically every airport)  i don't see Madrid everywhere i go.  they pay colossal amounts every year for players, plus colossal wages .. far more than Barca, but never seem to be in debt.

The rules of business don't seem to apply somehow!  ??? ???
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #28: Jun 11, 2009 11:42:11 am
      It's laugh a minute on SSN right now, watching pics of Ronaldo and his posse, ahem shopping in LA.

At least he's left the short shorts at home. Still looks like a ladyboy from Bangkok though!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #29: Jun 11, 2009 11:43:15 am
      Where do Real get their money from?????  They don't get as much from television as United and us.  They have a big fan base, but not as large as Us and the scum.  (i Travel alot and Liverpool and the Scum are everywhere, practically every airport)  i don't see Madrid everywhere i go.  they pay colossal amounts every year for players, plus colossal wages .. far more than Barca, but never seem to be in debt.

The rules of business don't seem to apply somehow!  ??? ???

They just go on the tag of being the biggest club in the world. It's a good thing, anyway, can't see Real coming in for Alonso now!

They also have financial help from the Spanish Royal family and the local council in Madrid, who bought their training complex.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #30: Jun 11, 2009 11:48:27 am
      They just go on the tag of being the biggest club in the world. It's a good thing, anyway, can't see Real coming in for Alonso now!
      it is a good thing, as they will leave us alone.  didn't they learn from before that buying all the top players doesn't get success.  they need a team not egos.

my issue with the business side, is that the Prem clubs get it in the neck from Platini and the dick head at Fifa over debt, but at least our dealings are transparent.  where do Madrid get their money from.  they must be in debt, as i am not aware of some russian or Arab bank rolling them.
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #31: Jun 11, 2009 11:50:48 am
      it is a good thing, as they will leave us alone.  didn't they learn from before that buying all the top players doesn't get success.  they need a team not egos.

my issue with the business side, is that the Prem clubs get it in the neck from Platini and the dick head at Fifa over debt, but at least our dealings are transparent.  where do Madrid get their money from.  they must be in debt, as I am not aware of some russian or Arab bank rolling them.

I remember, I think it was the king of spain, bought their training ground at like 3x the going rate, and built them a brand new state of the art one, courtesy of the spanish tax payer, hence why i despise everything they stand for.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #32: Jun 11, 2009 11:52:49 am
      Where do Real get their money from?????  

Their owner, sorry president, is a Billionair.

Has any one seen a ship wreck off the coast, 'cos SSN seems to have a lot of Dead Wood commentating on this.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #33: Jun 11, 2009 11:54:44 am
      The story says £80 million - that's nearly 94 Euros! Sweet Jaysus. Normally a lady-boy's only 4 Dolla.  ;D
      hahahaha love the comments.

Love to see the putty pusher leave but it just makes me wonder what the Scum do with that cash.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #34: Jun 11, 2009 11:55:55 am
      ronaldo out valencia in? i like that :)

80 mill is ridiculous tho
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #35: Jun 11, 2009 11:56:56 am
      Has any one seen a ship wreck off the coast, 'cos SSN seems to have a lot of Dead Wood commentating on this.

Been showing the same clips for the past two hours.

Same goes for the oxygen-wasting opinions I've had to listen to.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #36: Jun 11, 2009 12:04:20 pm
      Wasn't Kaka £59 million? Makes £140 million nearly.

Very stupid move by Real IMO, no player is worth nearly that much, even if they win everything.

Quite right.  In terms of economics it is foolish to splash that kind of money on two players.

I actually feel pretty sick about the amount involved these days. 

Anyway, good luck to them.  Maybe we'll only beat them 4-0 on aggregate next season.  I bet you his agent is having the w*nk of his life.

Nice war chest now for Slur Alex.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #37: Jun 11, 2009 12:07:08 pm
      The rules of business don't seem to apply somehow!  ??? ???

Madrid have been in the past effectively bankrolled by the Government.  I don't know the ins and outs of it all, but I know things such as the debt on building the stadium was completely wiped out by the local Madrid council.  I think they got their training ground built for free etc.

Effectively all of their income is there's.  They have a bigger stadium than us and all the associated extra income that go along with that.

Oh how Rafa must wonder what he could have done with £140 million.

And here we are - stuck with steptoe and son.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #38: Jun 11, 2009 12:07:53 pm
      Nice war chest now for Slur Alex.

If he gets to see any of it. They are in the same brown stuff as us in terms of financial problems, debts mounting etc.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #39: Jun 11, 2009 12:13:04 pm
      Could this be the end of Ol' Purple Nose?

We will do no business with Real...WRONG

Oh well they can rely upon their Youth System, Giggs, Scholes, get your boots on.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #40: Jun 11, 2009 12:14:20 pm
      I really dont mind the sale of Ronaldo to Real, but to pay 80 million for a player when I can use that 80 million and build a decent squad to challenge for Europe is absurd. Its a lot of money that is being involved in here, but I like to see Ronaldo out of United. He's been the main player of United for the past 2 seasons, the reason why they have been winning games is because of his free kicks, dribbles and what nots.

Take Ronaldo away, and quite simply the best player in the world (barring his diving) is gone. I dont see how Ribery or whoever that United will bring in as a replacement, will fill up the big shoes that he has left behind. I dont see how someone is going to carry the goalscoring burden on his own, and its with greed that this was accepted. Yes for 80 million, they can buy 2 world class players, and I'm pretty sure they'll be added to the side to make United's stronger as well, I see them bolstering their strikers etc, and maybe even even offer Tevez a new contract.

But for now, even before they get the money, I prefer to think that if you take Ronaldo away from them, they're crippled. Ronaldo is what makes them tick and I'll be happy to see him leave, that may mean a better chance for us to lift that title!
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #41: Jun 11, 2009 12:16:08 pm
      Apparently Real Madrid are planning to spend around 300 million euros this summer. 100 million from past income, the rest from player sales and bank loans. So, as of now they've only spend about half of what they're planning to spend.
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #42: Jun 11, 2009 12:30:51 pm
      we now have a much bigger chanc of wining EPL :D
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #43: Jun 11, 2009 12:32:07 pm
      Madrid have been in the past effectively bankrolled by the Government.  I don't know the ins and outs of it all, but I know things such as the debt on building the stadium was completely wiped out by the local Madrid council.  I think they got their training ground built for free etc.

Effectively all of their income is there's.  They have a bigger stadium than us and all the associated extra income that go along with that.

Oh how Rafa must wonder what he could have done with £140 million.

And here we are - stuck with steptoe and son.
      it's funny how Uefa get on to Prem clubs for debt, which is financed (or not in our case due to the chuckle brothers) which is a perfectly legite way to do business, but when a team is basically subsidised by the tax payer (how can that be allowed?????) Uefa don't say a word!

anyway, good riddance to the self interested, postulating, greasy, diving grass chewing, vein, tango'd gimp!
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #44: Jun 11, 2009 12:33:42 pm
      Any dumb asset / investment manager or even a finance student will know that Ronaldo is overvalued at £80 million. Anyway the Mancs' rate of return for holding Ronaldo is pretty good considering the titles he helped win, shirt sales, and the capital gains from cashing out of the player. I understand that there is even a break fee of £26 million going Man Utd's way should the transaction fail, if I am not wrong.

Emotions aside, the valuation is pretty attractive. So nobody can blame Man Utd for selling the player. It's purely money here.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #45: Jun 11, 2009 12:35:40 pm
      Any dumb asset / investment manager or even a finance student will know that Ronaldo is overvalued at £80 million. Anyway the Mancs' rate of return for holding Ronaldo is pretty good considering the titles he helped win, shirt sales, and the capital gains from cashing out of the player. I understand that there is even a break fee of £26 million going Man Utd's way should the transaction fail, if I am not wrong.

Emotions aside, the valuation is pretty attractive. So nobody can blame Man Utd for selling the player. It's purely money here.

Supposedly that £26 million goes to Ronaldo, not Man U, which is F***ing crazy in the extreme. That Perez will take Madrid into another financial mess.

Quick Reply