Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

United Accept £80 million Offer for Ronaldo

Read 12924 times
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Re: United Accept £80 million Offer for Ronaldo
      Reply #69: Jun 11, 2009 03:24:51 pm
      Apparently they are ready to offload £90 mil worth of players so it could be fantastic business only time will tell.
      arkles lad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,986 posts |
      Reply #70: Jun 11, 2009 03:33:50 pm
      I grant you 80mil is a hell of a lot of money,but would you want your club to be known as Real Madrids feeder club.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #71: Jun 11, 2009 03:35:53 pm
      The way I'm looking at this is good riddance to Ronaldo, & I'm not bothered about Real Madrid recreating their galactico's.

Man Utd are going to receive £80m, whether that be in installments or a straight cash deal.  So what do Man Utd do with all that money?

- £20/40m back to pay loan debts?

- Secure Tevez for £25m?

- Bid all in for someone else to replace Ronaldo?  Whatever else they will have off their ever growing transfer budget?

Who are they going to buy to replace Ronaldo?  Kaka's gone, Messi won't be leaving.  So there's two world class players that could of filled his boots. They better keep their F***ing mitts of David Silva.

What will Man Utd do next?  I hope this transfer has unsettled their squad completely.  They won't be relying on their one man team anymore.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #72: Jun 11, 2009 03:41:54 pm
      Ronaldo as much as I hate and loathe the man is streets ahead of anyone else playing in that position so UTD will definitely be weaker without him regardless of who they buy.With Tevez going too thats about 50 goals just gone out there team so if he needs a lift to the airport i'm on my way.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #73: Jun 11, 2009 03:59:40 pm
      Bloody hell no way is Ronaldo worth £80million, if he is worth that then Gerrard must be worth £800million. All Ronaldo has is skills, he belongs in a circus, Madrid should have just gone to the circus and bought a clown, would have been cheaper.

Oh well at least that tw*t will be out of the Prem.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #74: Jun 11, 2009 04:02:51 pm
      we now have a much bigger chanc of wining EPL :D

Hardly.

We had a very good chance of winning the league this year, and them losing one player who doesn't track back, doesn't work hard and moans constantly and tries it all himself isn't going to damage them that much. They have alot of money from this transfer, with which they'll buy someone else.

We'll piss the league next year with or without Ronaldo playing for the scum.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #75: Jun 11, 2009 04:04:13 pm
      Apparently they are ready to offload £90 mil worth of players so it could be fantastic business only time will tell.

If we get Higuain I will be my pants a little. But I also like the majority of that team tbh, there are alot of potential buys there I think
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #76: Jun 11, 2009 04:49:54 pm
      Hardly.

We had a very good chance of winning the league this year, and them losing one player who doesn't track back, doesn't work hard and moans constantly and tries it all himself isn't going to damage them that much. They have alot of money from this transfer, with which they'll buy someone else.

We'll piss the league next year with or without Ronaldo playing for the scum.

Excellent post.

It's silly money for Ronaldo but it's the way the world turns these days, unfortunately. We could look at it two ways. The first being that United have lost their 'talisman' player who regularly pulls them out of the sh*t. Or United have just made £80m to spend on some good talent.

Having said that, we need to improve ourselves this summer. Then it won't matter whether or not the other sides are playing well.

Slightly off topic but we could take a positive in the fact that the Real President mentioned Xabi the other day saying he wasn't available to buy from Liverpool. If he wanted him that badly, the bids would have been in already. If Rafa says he's not for sale, then he's not for sale! :D
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #77: Jun 11, 2009 05:11:11 pm
      Bye the way a crackin bit of business!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #78: Jun 11, 2009 05:12:23 pm
      If United got £20 million more they could buy Newcastle. ::)
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #79: Jun 11, 2009 05:12:32 pm
      80 million for that over-rated chap?!!  :o Anyways, very good won't have to bear with MR. Ronaldo in the PL. What remains to see though is what Manure is going to do with all that 'hard earned' money.. ???
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #80: Jun 11, 2009 05:13:32 pm
      There is nothing such as recession for Real..
      Good riddance of sissy-boy anyway!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #81: Jun 11, 2009 05:22:49 pm
      most of that money will go to pay the interest on their debt, but really we cant laugh about it.
      think they will only buy valencia, maybe ribery, but for 40 million a 27 year old, bad deal that one.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #82: Jun 11, 2009 05:28:37 pm
      If United got £20 million more they could buy Newcastle. ::)
      Why on earth would they want to do that?   :lmao:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #83: Jun 11, 2009 05:29:38 pm
      Goodbye and good riddance.

And as much as I hate to say it, hats off to the mancs for getting rid of a player that was going to be of no real use, due to his ever increasingly over inflated ego and making some serious money in the process.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #84: Jun 11, 2009 06:14:17 pm
      Interesting stat...9 times this season with utd heading for a draw Ronaldo hit a winner for them. Thats 18 points he got them. Without them 18 points they finish 4th. And even the bitterest of mancs would admit he won them the league and european cup double the previous year by himself.

Granted they have big bucks to spend but Benzema and Valencia wont do what ladyboy done thats for sure. Time to capitalise Rafa
      kdz
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #85: Jun 11, 2009 06:58:19 pm
      The story says £80 million - that's nearly 94 Euros! Sweet Jaysus. Normally a lady-boy's only 4 Dolla.  ;D

We will just have to take your word about the ladyboy price 8)

Glad to see the cheating diving petulant little boy gone
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2009 07:00:28 pm by CRK »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #86: Jun 11, 2009 07:10:38 pm
      I woke up and like every day in the summer, straight away checked the Transfer news and couldnt beleive what i saw! I even checked the manure website i couldnt beleive it. But woo for that diving pr**k being gone. Maybe with that cash they mite have one last go at signing Tevez?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #87: Jun 11, 2009 07:18:42 pm
      Goodbye and good riddance.

And as much as I hate to say it, hats off to the mancs for getting rid of a player that was going to be of no real use, due to his ever increasingly over inflated ego and making some serious money in the process.

I like it ::)
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #88: Jun 11, 2009 07:33:41 pm
      The way I see it is that yes we all hate the horrible diving cheat but his talent to United was unbelievable, I know people saying that he never tracked back and blah blah but he has single handedly pulled them out of the s**t so many times in the last 2 seasons in both the league and CL.

The £80m will not be given fully as a transfer kitty as the Glaziers will have to use at least a 3rd of it to fund the debt that they have put on the club.

I honestly think United have made a risky decision considering the stupid amounts of money that players are going for this season.

Manure would be silly to not have somebody already lined up to replace the Lady Boy but if they haven't teams will obviously know Manure have alot of cash die to the transfer and up the prices of their players knowing that United need to buy.

The Premiership will miss him because even though he was a manc he did light up the Prem at times and Big names in the league would attract other big names.

Overall I think United need to do a lot of clever business in the transfer market to ensure they maintain the quality they have within the team never mind trying to improve on Ronaldo and Tevez leaving.

Bring on the new season.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #89: Jun 11, 2009 08:40:23 pm
      Glad to see the back of the gobsh*te.£80 million is a lot of money, but with manshity, the chavs and madrid all chasing an instant squad fix, will this be the summer's highest transfer and now what are the values of Ribery,Villa,Silva going to be.I hope that Rafa has already got his deals in place.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #90: Jun 11, 2009 09:47:15 pm
      two things spring to mind, anyone dealing with UTD know they have lots to spend and they will have to pay and secondly they have just taken 50 goals out of there team with loosing Tevez and Ronaldo. I dont care who they buy they won't get that many in the first season.
      Infamous
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #91: Jun 11, 2009 10:17:52 pm
      Glad to see the cheating diving petulant little boy gone

My sentiments exactly, goodbye and good riddance

No Teves, thos they may be keener to keep him now and no Ronaldo is a big gap in goal scoring hope we can capitalise

Quick Reply