• Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      United Accept £80 million Offer for Ronaldo
      Jun 11, 2009 09:59:50 am
      United accept Ronaldo offer

Real agree £80million deal for United star

Manchester United have confirmed they have accepted a bid from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo's future at United has been the subject of constant speculation with Real trailing his signature for the last three summers

Real president Florentino Perez has made no secret of the fact that he would like to lure Ronaldo to El Santiago Bernabeu.

Real have now agreed £80million offer for the Portuguese ace and United have given the World Player of the Year permission to talk to the Spanish titans.

Ronaldo will now head to the Spanish capital to hold discussions with Real and undergo a medical.

Real have already snapped up Brazilian superstar Kaka in a world-record deal, but a move for Ronaldo would eclipse that deal.

"Manchester United have received a world-record, unconditional offer of £80million for Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid," read a club statement.

"At Cristiano's request - who has again expressed his desire to leave - and after discussion with the player's representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player.

"Matters are expected to be concluded by 30 June. The club will not comment until further notice."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5374142,00.html

£80 million?! What's the world coming to?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: United Accept £80 million Offer for Ronaldo
      Reply #1: Jun 11, 2009 10:06:39 am
      Oh my F***ing God.

Real Madrid will now spend £130 million on two players. I can't even put that into words.

I want him to move though, I reckon it will much lessen United's chances of winning things, the title especially. If this goes ahead though, they will have more than £80 million to spend in the transfer market I'm guessing...
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #2: Jun 11, 2009 10:08:51 am
      £130 million altogether!?! How much money do they have? Bloody ridiculous.

But at least he's going and we won't have to put up with him any longer.

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #3: Jun 11, 2009 10:09:47 am
      Wasn't Kaka £59 million? Makes £140 million nearly.

Very stupid move by Real IMO, no player is worth nearly that much, even if they win everything.

Be interesting to see what United do with this cash. Do you reckon they accepted because Rafa said a while back we might outspend them this summer? :f_tongueincheek:
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #4: Jun 11, 2009 10:10:01 am
      I think the yanks will want at least half to service their debt and it wont be paid in a lump sum.Ronaldo and Teves gone hmmm interesting.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #5: Jun 11, 2009 10:11:50 am
      I think the yanks will want at least half to service their debt and it wont be paid in a lump sum.Ronaldo and Teves gone hmmm interesting.

If they sign a couple of flops we'll walk the title. ;)

A terrible day for football that money is thrown around like this, but could strangely work in our favour next season.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Jun 11, 2009 10:12:07 am
      If you think about this in the positive sense - Think of the amount of times Tevez and Ronaldo saved them this season.

Think of the amount of times United have relied on something special from Ronaldo during the past few seasons.

Even though they will be getting a sh*t load of cash, it doesn't mean they will use it wisely.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #7: Jun 11, 2009 10:13:22 am
      80 million though. Just think of that. Seriously how can one person on this earth be worth a value of 80 million? A footballer being bought for 80 million, shocking.

Is it 80 million pounds or euros though?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8: Jun 11, 2009 10:14:26 am

....but they still have Darren Fletcher and Nani with Owen Hargreaves back soon.  :f_tongueincheek:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #9: Jun 11, 2009 10:19:22 am
      The story says £80 million - that's nearly 94 Euros! Sweet Jaysus. Normally a lady-boy's only 4 Dolla.  ;D
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #10: Jun 11, 2009 10:20:53 am
      £80 millions is just a ridiculous offer, it's hard to see so much money spend on 2 players, even these 2. I'm not sure Perez learn his lesson, buying stars doesn't make a team winning trophies, it helps but if you don't have this chemistry in the squad you can have as many stars as you want it won't work.

Is this giving us a better chance to win the league? With or without ronaldo or Tevez, it doesn't matter whatsoever, our double last year proved it.

Good riddance...as far as I'm concern..
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #11: Jun 11, 2009 10:22:58 am
      I take it that means they'll be going after ribery then.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #12: Jun 11, 2009 10:28:16 am
      Little Shocked to be honest, That quick! and Easy! £80m is alot but how much will service their debt.

£80m for one player, or £100m for a "big" North East team, makes you think.

So he has left a team we beat 6-2 on agg, for a team we beat 6-0 on agg, the guys a fool!
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #13: Jun 11, 2009 10:28:23 am
      80 million though. Just think of that. Seriously how can one person on this earth be worth a value of 80 million? A footballer being bought for 80 million, shocking.

Is it 80 million pounds or euros though?

On the other hand, how many Real Madrid shirts will be sold worldwide this year with Ronaldo on the back? I dont know to well, but there are a hell lot of Real fans around the world and especially in Madrid and a lot of Ronaldo fans in Portugal. Say there will be sold a million shirts over the next couple of years with Ronaldo on the back at an average price of? 70 pounds? Its 70 million pounds. Of course not all those money go to Real, but it just gives an idea of why these Superstar transfers are rentable. It was exactly the same when Beckham transfered. For Real it was a good deal. Ronaldo is gonna earn them a hell lot of money in merchandise, increased sponsor money, increased fanbase, more television exposure ect.

Its sad but its true.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #14: Jun 11, 2009 10:35:02 am
      I didn't have a problem whether Ronaldo was staying or going. I dislike him but there are games where he disappears that's why It didn't matter to me.

But it's really crazy that it was 80 million. All the prices have increased. Now lay off Xabi Alonso or anyone from Liverpool, Real Madrid.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #15: Jun 11, 2009 10:47:29 am
      They can buy Kaka, Ronaldo, Villa, Silva but they're still not going to win anything you cant just buy success that easy just ask city.

Real can only register 25 players so with the amount of players they're going after there should be some pretty good players that are on the transfer list.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #16: Jun 11, 2009 10:52:17 am
      I am absolutely gutted. The pr**k brought a lot to this league, but what's worse this will damage our title credentials , well not really. What I mean, when we win the league next season; people are gonna say its due to the fact Cristiano left. They're enough pricks and pundits out there to suggest that. But who really gives? They are going to look pretty average come next season ::)
      arkles lad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,986 posts |
      Reply #17: Jun 11, 2009 10:54:40 am
      Personally i'm glad the greasy cu*ts doing one.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #18: Jun 11, 2009 10:55:05 am
      Who's going to score most of their goals from penalties and free-kicks now??

And who's going to dive now, to get those free-kicks and penalties?  ::)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #19: Jun 11, 2009 10:56:22 am
      Who's going to score most of their goals from penalties and free-kicks now??
      Macheda :f_tongueincheek:
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #20: Jun 11, 2009 10:58:52 am
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #21: Jun 11, 2009 11:02:21 am
      Ronaldo will be back to manshitser in the winter. He's just not Real's style.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #22: Jun 11, 2009 11:18:57 am
      £130million on two players and FIFA are obsessed about how they're going to stop the monopoly of the Premier League?

The thing is. The Mancs will be able to bring in two world class players with that money.

Quick Reply