Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Joke of the Day

Read 2797 times
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Joke of the Day
      Jun 11, 2009 02:51:33 pm
      We come across tons and tons of footballing jokes while surfing through internet or watching TV and by football jokes,I don't mean the 'How many Manchester United fans does it take to change a light bulb' ones rather the ones that real people intentionally or unintentionally make.Maybe we can collect them all here and die laughing.Here goes the one for today:

Gareth Barry convinced Manchester City can become title contenders
      Gareth Barry insists he has put the idea of a move to Liverpool to the back of his mind and is now fully focusing on making his new club Manchester City genuine title contenders.

Barry appeared close to signing for Liverpool last summer after the Merseysiders made three bids for the player. Each was turned down by Aston Villa, but it was widely expected that a deal would be done this summer. Instead Barry moved to Eastlands after Villa accepted a £12m bid for their captain earlier this month.

Unlike Liverpool, City will not be playing Champions League football this coming season but Barry insists he has made the right choice.

"It's completely out of my mind, worrying about Liverpool and what could have been. That's all in the past," he said. "This season it's a different situation. Manchester City have had a bid accepted for me and they made me feel wanted.

"I spoke to the manager [Mark Hughes] and spoke to friends and I am confident I have made the right decision. The ambition was the main thing for me."

"I think this club has got everything in place to achieve big things and challenge right at the top, to go from a mid-table team to a team challenging right at the top. You just have to see the type of players Manchester City are able to attract, like Robinho."

The switch saw Barry end a 12-year association with Villa. Despite his long service, many of the club's supporters were left feeling betrayed by the player as he originally said he wanted to leave in order to play Champions League football.

Barry issued a letter to fans through a local newspaper explaining his decision to leave Villa Park but refuses to say sorry for moving north. "I don't feel a need to apologise for leaving Aston Villa," he said. "I had spent 12 years at the club and wanted to state my reasons."

Come on you can simply say,Xabi Alonso is 100 times better than me and I am 1000 times greedier than him.
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2009 02:53:29 pm by JD »
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: Joke of the Day
      Reply #1: Jun 11, 2009 03:18:20 pm
      Read about that just now and certainly joke of the day, maybe even season.

I dont know which idiot would want to go to a club with big ambitions but yet to fulfil anything, and why give up Europa League? I dont see how Hughes can build a team in a season, but maybe a couple of seasons and hes a sh*te manager to be honest.

I dont see how can the club progress with someone like Hughes, certainly not fulfil lofty ambitions.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Jun 11, 2009 04:10:51 pm
      :lmao: all that money has gone to his head.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3: Jun 11, 2009 07:39:09 pm
      Gareth Barry convinced Manchester City can become title contenders
      You just have to see the type of players Manchester City are able to attract, like Robinho."

.....and em, er, Bellamy, Bridges and er, Barry? What a F***ing tool.  :tosser:
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 11, 2009 10:42:21 pm
      I have been stressing at this many times.... they need a world class manager... sparky will be the 1st manager to be sacked next season as city will start off crap...

as for barry,... I wont be surprised if villa fans boo him next season
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Jun 11, 2009 11:08:57 pm
      :lmao: Nice thread and great way to start it off!

rieras-left-foot
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 14, 2009 12:13:49 am
      I like how Barry says Man city can attract top players yet only says Robinho but to be honest i cant see man city being title contenders at all for years and years to come untill they get a really good manager coz Huges isnt THAT good of a manager, not bad but not good

my opinion is he went for the money coz he's about 29 ? and in a few years he might retire just as Man city are building there so called dream team :)

Quick Reply