Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Read 2597 times
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal
      • Started Topic

• 100 posts |
      Shaun Wright-Phillips
      Feb 11, 2007 08:53:29 pm
      should liverpool hav put a bid in for him?

i think he could have been good at liverpool fast player can get down the wing easily
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Shaun Wright-Phillips
      Reply #1: Feb 11, 2007 08:54:37 pm
      A

I think he could have been good at liverpool fast player can get down the wing easily

And run between Peter Crouch's legs  ;D ;D ;D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: Feb 12, 2007 01:38:21 pm
      HAHA yeah imagine that! Bellamy looks small next to Crouch let alone SWP!! My mate who is a die hard Reading fan loves SWP and wants Reading to sign him, but I doubt they will, they are doing well with the strikers they have.
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #3: Feb 12, 2007 07:05:10 pm
      i think SWP is not right for LFC.he's struggling to find his feet in liverpool,just like pennant.i woud be great to look at Quaresma though.definately not SWP for me
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 20, 2007 03:40:40 pm

I think he could have been good at liverpool fast player can get down the wing easily

Long Time mate.  He said he's settled with the Chavs now, but IS he?? No he ain't. Another missed opportunity for us.
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #5: Feb 28, 2007 09:55:28 pm
      dont need chelski cast offs we are liverpool fc not everton arron lennon on the other hand would be a great buy
      Anand
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #6: Feb 28, 2007 09:59:52 pm
      i think pennant is better than him
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #7: Feb 28, 2007 11:12:11 pm
      Agree...would have loved SWP pre chelski but he made his bed and is in my eyes tainted....don't want Maureens cast offs...equally well Pennant only got signed because we either missed out or couldn't afford others...he will get sold which I hope doesn't send him off the rails again...how about 'Scarface' Ribery?
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #8: Feb 28, 2007 11:14:22 pm
      Agree...would have loved SWP pre chelski but he made his bed and is in my eyes tainted....don't want Maureens cast offs...

Amen
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #9: Feb 28, 2007 11:34:05 pm
      Ribery would be a good option we do need players that can go past defenders instead of just lumping the ball in the box and hoping our beanpole gets his head on it sorry crouch. you just cant say with rafa I think he has his perfect team in his head and hes sticking with it. just hope he gets it soon Y.N.W.A
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2007 11:34:43 pm by tomarto »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #10: Feb 28, 2007 11:43:21 pm
      watched the Reading V Scum game  yesterday and kept thinking that if only that Reading player, Little was ten years younger he'd be a great buy...was really impressed by a winger who actually beats his full back and gets in a cross? having watched Pennant and Gonzo all season I'd forgotten that was a wingers job...
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #11: Feb 28, 2007 11:45:54 pm
      ;D my point exactly
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #12: Feb 28, 2007 11:53:02 pm
      SWP would have been a far better player if he'd stayed up north and would  have became a man if he'd joined LFC....what happened to the days of Craig Johnston? Wingers who knew their limitations and did what they are good at...the scum's Ronaldo is...and I hate to say it...a fantastic winger...Gonzo and Pennent aren't that skillful but apprently have pace? Then use it! screw the fancy stuff you can't do and channel Craig Johnston!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #13: Mar 01, 2007 11:06:45 am
      Pennant has shown glimpses of his quality but Gonzo has not. I saw Gonzo play for Chile and Real Socidad and i sometimes think he may have an identical twin because they both have totally different styles. The Gonzo from Spain took players on but the Gonzo in England only seems to pass the ball.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #14: Mar 01, 2007 05:27:40 pm
      The Gonzo from Spain took players on but the Gonzo in England only seems to pass the ball.

Let's get our new owners to build the new Anfield in Spain and maybe we could have The Gonzo from Spain play for us! ;D :D
      Cy
      Reply #15: Mar 02, 2007 04:41:00 pm
      Ribery would be a good option we do need players that can go past defenders instead of just lumping the ball in the box

I like this idea of ribery, the problem is if he goes and I read recently that he wants to stay at Marseille it will be for a huge amount of money, I'm not sure it would be wise to spend so much for him..But he is class..fast, score goal and defend well..

Quick Reply