Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

£80 Million for Gerrard, would you take it?

Read 33937 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: £80 Million for Gerrard, would you take it?
      Reply #161: Jun 20, 2009 12:20:10 am
      f***in hell. That nearly went in the Quote of the Month Thread that!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #162: Jun 20, 2009 12:20:23 am
      Not meaning any offence, but not even going to bother with the argument of 8000mil, cos that just wont happen!
      Thats just saying hes priceless basically. And thats what he is, end of story :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #163: Jun 20, 2009 12:26:13 am
      A SCOUSER BORN AND BRED!!

Topic locked.

;)

KumoZing
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #164: Jun 20, 2009 11:29:45 pm
      NEVER. Utd will be worse off without Ronaldo this coming season, thats a fact, they have lost a match winner, we would be in the exact same boat if we sold our captain. Utd got offered 100mil for him last season, why didnt they take it???????
      nesayir
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -2 
      Reply #165: Jun 20, 2009 11:30:24 pm
      £100 million
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #166: Jun 21, 2009 05:22:05 am
      NEVER. Utd will be worse off without Ronaldo this coming season, thats a fact, they have lost a match winner, we would be in the exact same boat if we sold our captain. Utd got offered 100mil for him last season, why didnt they take it???????

We be worse off even i think, hence so important to have him now that manure have lost there little pretty boy.

NOPE

stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #167: Jun 21, 2009 01:36:47 pm
      just... PRICELESS  a true scoucer
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #168: Jun 23, 2009 02:38:31 pm
      Every time we were losing/draw in the last minutes of the game, and we needed someone to stand up, I would regret selling him.
      Every time we need a captain to show us the way out of the mess we're in, I would regret selling him.
      Every time we need our leader to urge us forward and set up the team mate for that crucial goal, I would regret selling him.

I hate regretting things, so there's no chance we sell Gerrard. He is worth 4 Ronaldos, 3 Messis, 2 Ibras and a Lampard.
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #169: Jun 23, 2009 02:42:04 pm
      Who is lampard anyway. Oh he is that fat london boy?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #170: Jun 23, 2009 04:49:34 pm

He is worth 4 Ronaldos, 3 Messis, 2 Ibras and a Lampard.

..in a pear tree?
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #171: Jun 23, 2009 05:50:24 pm
      Never.

Nunca. Mai. никогда.
      ste-t-4eva
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #172: Jun 23, 2009 07:36:09 pm
      never ever wouldn't sell him for any sum of money.
      musu
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -1 
      Reply #173: Jun 26, 2009 02:09:39 am
      it's not just a question of skill with Gerard, he does so much as a captain that you really can't put a price tag on him. I would be a very tall order for someone else to come in and replace him
      Red34
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #174: Jun 26, 2009 03:20:24 am
      personally if someone offered 80mil for gerrard id take it as an insult... would have to be at least a three digit sum with another top class player involved in exchange as well!
      gerrard is one of those players that is a once in a life time player. truly one of the alltime greats and he isnt even 30 yet!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #175: Jun 26, 2009 05:35:33 pm
      Id say No every time Stevie G epitomizes all the credentials you need to have to be the worlds most complete footballer and i dont say this as a Liverpool fan but as a Fan of football in General.

Christine Ronaldo may have won World Player Of The Year for all his fancy step overs etc but have you seen him grab hold of a game by the neck by one of the best teams in Europe when 0-3 down playing alongside mostly players who were far more inferior than him ? The answer to that would be NO against Barcelona in the Champions League Final he went missing then scurried of to Madrid for a Mega Bucks Payday.

This for me is what makes Stevie G the worlds most Complete Player he is so versatile he can play as Right Back Anywhere across the midfield 4 and as a supporting striker. His influence is one of his best attributes that others who are described as world class can not compete with how many times have we seen Stevie G rally his often weaker than the opposition team to an astounding victory against all odds ? His Passing ability is up there with any 1's in the modern game his finishing from inside the box or long range screamers is up there with any 1's in the modern game He can go past his man as easily as any of the top 5 players in the modern game he's got a great engine can do the whole box to box thing for 90 minutes relentlessly if required to do so he has a good football brain and knows when to deliver the killer pass shot etc and his Vision is up there with the best of them.

All of the above reasons (and theres probably a lot more if i really thought about it) Are why i would Not sell Steven Gerrard for ANY price not even if you threw in a packet of Skittles and Two Packets of Bubbalicous
      gerrard2torres
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #176: Jun 30, 2009 02:10:54 am
      stevie gerrard is gonna be at his peak for about 3 more season then he will start slowing down but will still be incredible!! he will be another player like giggs, getting better with age!! lets just hope he does'nt stick to his word and retire at 33 cos that would be a shame!!
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #177: Apr 06, 2010 12:57:26 am
      Just reading back through old threads and I found this. So, after Stevie's abysmal season so far, has anyone's opinion changed?

I would bite the hand off of anyone offering £80M for him now.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #178: Apr 06, 2010 12:58:51 am
      Whoever says it's not tempting is lying.

However, only if the money would be put straight back into buying other players.
      3-star-wool
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts | -11 
      Reply #179: Apr 06, 2010 01:04:33 am
      I believe some refused to accept £8000 million for Gerrard... which gives you an idea of how poor this post was. It was a hypothetical question posed, and my point is the same-

Would I sell for Gerrard for 1p? No.

Would I sell him for £8000m? Yes.

So somewhere in between those two figures there is a tipping point where it makes to sell an almost-30 year old player in patchy (at best) form.
      idwLFC89
      • Banned

• 252 posts | 11 
      Reply #180: Apr 06, 2010 02:49:43 am
      £80m to a club like 'Milan'? Only if Stevie wanted to go. And everything else was set up in a way that we were absolutely positive we could cope without him. Think about it. It would relieve our debt, and Gerrard only has a few more years in him as a regular starter. We'd be sending him to a place where he could get some sun and fun before he hangs up the boots. Of course, as an athlete and professional, Gerrard would play hard for 'Milan' (hypothetical team), but he would no longer be inclined to bleed for them. I mean, he isn't one of theres. He'll do well enough, but he's 29, not 23, £80m would be the greatest sham in the history of football courtesy LFC.

Sure, 'Milan' would get Gerrard, but they'd cough up £80m for a player that's only guaranteed to give you 2 - 3 years of world class level productivity consistently, day in and day out, and that's if he stays healthy.

It's sort of like why Kaka left Milan. He's aging, and the profit the club would gain with the money received by his transfer would grow his legend even more in the future.

I mean, if this £80m we received was the catapult to get us out of debt, and spur on a new era of LFC dominance. I'd sell Gerrard every time. At age near 30? After he's given over 10 years to the club? To get that fee? To save Liverpool? Hell, yes.

And he'd even get a statue.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #181: Apr 06, 2010 04:42:09 am
      ;D. I'd grab it,

Bet my arms and legs nobody is dumb enough to spunk 80M on Gerrard anyway.

At this moment, the only value in him left is that because he's one of us, but the truth is even as one of us he's not looking like he gives a sh*te.

It's easy for you to say no out of sentimentality, but that 80M can go along way. Sure perhaps the 2 yanks will leech it, but hey... it's -80M on the debts and will allow more breathing room on our already tight financial.

SO... rose tinted and non rose tinted, I'd sell him for 80M
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #182: Apr 06, 2010 04:53:05 am
      Only if he wanted out, and even then it would hurt for me.

If he wanted to stay on, I wouldn't go near it. Man has made a huge contribution for us, despite this season I'd still want to honor his wishes. The first Liverpool player I truly loved is this guy, and I still do.

Rose-tinted maybe, but hey, can't change the color of my blood.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #183: Apr 06, 2010 04:57:14 am
      F***ing hypocrite the whole lot of you.

Just because you never got the cash you all say no no no no.

If you even got a fickle of that hypothetical 80M you'd sell him and you'd throw away your grandma as bonus.

If you don't even contemplate to sell the 29years old Gerrard for 80M, clearly you love Gerrard more than you love LFC

Quick Reply