Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Concerts

Read 191467 times
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #552: Jul 08, 2011 01:43:24 pm
      Just had a listen on Fb. I can imagine that will be awesome on a nice sunny day!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sinanbastas.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/south-street-seaport.jpg

The venue for tomorrow.

Have a good time, bbb. I'm really liking that new Vaccines lp, too.

Best Foo song ever!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #553: Jul 08, 2011 01:56:06 pm
      Have a good time, bbb. I'm really liking that new Vaccines lp, too.

I will young man.  ;D

I'm playing The Vaccines right now Eric and love the Ramones vibe I get from it! Excellent album.  :nod:

Edit: that venue for Ted Leo - F***ing A! I'll be in a wet, muddy, field but it's all good.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #554: Jul 08, 2011 01:57:38 pm
      Just for the one day racer - as is my want. I used to do the whole lot when it was Witness and up to three years ago but after moving to Punchestown it tended to attract a sh*t load of young scobes and knacker types and became uncomfortable - I gig to enjoy life, not to look over my shoulder for idiots.

I now tend to pick a day, (Foos this year, RATM another for example), head off at my leisure, with no ticket and no real plans, buy a ticket from a scalper and go F***ing mental as I see where life takes me. There should be four of us, maybe five - but I'll be there.

I've been to itself and Electric Picnic.
      Having been to Oxegen with the missus a few years ago I'll safely say never again.
      Shithole full of scum coming out for the populist festival beside the capital.
      Will take me years to get the missus to go to Electric Picnic instead.

Once bitten twice shy.

Damn right it is.
      Loving getting on the drums for it on Guitar Hero World Tour
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #555: Jul 08, 2011 02:05:42 pm
      I've been to itself and Electric Picnic.
      Having been to Oxegen with the missus a few years ago I'll safely say never again.
      Shithole full of scum coming out for the populist festival beside the capital.
      Will take me years to get the missus to go to Electric Picnic instead.

Once bitten twice shy.

I here you buddy - good enough for a day and not really a festival - no good vibe - when you compare it to Glasto and EP. I've done the Picnic a couple of times and have always enjoyed it... best memory is Arcade Fire there circa '05, if I remember rightly - an awesome gig. Full of good, like minded folk, chilled and content.

Edit: I see Arcade Fire are playing there again this year... in a cracking line-up. Get your missus down.
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2011 02:11:24 pm by bad boy bubby »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #556: Jul 08, 2011 02:10:28 pm
      I here you buddy - good enough for a day and not really a festival - no good vibe - when you compare it to Glasto and EP. I've done the Picnic a couple of times and have always enjoyed it... best memory is Arcade Fire there circa '05, if I remember rightly - an awesome gig. Full of good, like minded folk, chilled and content.

I was at that gig... Do you remember him refusing to play until someone gave him back his waistcoat...
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #557: Jul 08, 2011 02:17:04 pm
      Edit: that venue for Ted Leo - f**king A! I'll be in a wet, muddy, field but it's all good.

That's better.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #558: Jul 08, 2011 02:18:25 pm
      That's a quality painting
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #559: Jul 08, 2011 02:20:39 pm
      I was at that gig... Do you remember him refusing to play until someone gave him back his waistcoat...

I do remember this riot of sound and vision (I was full of shooms  ;D) in a tent that was way too small but it made it all the better and (to my mind) made Arcade Fire legendary in Ireland. Nick Cave, Flaming Lips, Doves and The Subways - what a weekend.   :angel:

I went again in '06 (New Order, The Skatalites and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, If memory serves me) but I haven't been since as it usually clashes with other commitments.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #560: Jul 08, 2011 02:23:16 pm
      I do remember this riot of sound and vision (I was full of shooms  ;D) in a tent that was way too small but it made it all the better and (to my mind) made Arcade Fire legendary in Ireland. Nick Cave, Flaming Lips, Doves and The Subways - what a weekend.   :angel:

I went again in '06 (New Order, The Skatalites and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, If memory serves me) but I haven't been since as it usually clashes with other commitments.
      Was gonna say it was me... oh wait I just did.

I met a girl from Cork at it. Good times :D
      Was at it twice. Oh and we went to the event twice too.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #561: Jul 08, 2011 05:45:54 pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #562: Jul 08, 2011 08:47:54 pm

Ha ha; you're preaching to the converted here pastor Eric and t'was you that showed me the way, the truth and the light.  :angel:
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #564: Jul 15, 2011 01:59:58 am
      GRRRR...
      Should be here...this is live now...
      http://www.vans.com/microsites/houseparties/webcast.php

It's OFF at the moment, but Superchunk on the way (Diego, bbb, etc).
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #565: Jul 15, 2011 03:20:24 am
      Just waiting till Radiohead surprise us with a visit to LA....Come on Thom! Make it happen!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #566: Jul 15, 2011 04:15:48 am
      You know, when I F***ing flaked on the SLF show I regretted it. I told myself, "Don't do that again."  So tonight, what do I do? I flake on the OFF?Superchunk show.  Lucky me, it' was streamed online. F***ing awesome. Too awesome, though.
       I missed the encore with Keith Morris (OFF, Circle Jerks, Black Flag....drool) singin GFimme Gimme Gimme which goes into Mac singing Where Eagles Dare (Misfits).

Pissed at myself. F**k yes. >:(

Next week...Cro-Mags and fu**ed Up. I will be attending.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #567: Jul 15, 2011 06:21:44 am
      Next week...Cro-Mags and fu**ed Up. I will be attending.
      Saw fu**ed Up last year at my local venue. Loved it  :)
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #568: Jul 15, 2011 01:31:45 pm
      Saw F**ked Up last year at my local venue. Loved it  :)

Haven't gotten to see them yet, so I'm pretty excited for it.
      Ingo
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Brazilian by birth, Scouser by choice :)
      Reply #569: Jul 15, 2011 01:37:39 pm
      Pearl Jam is coming to Brazil in November, even passing through my city (we never get big shows :()

I will be going for sure! ;)
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #570: Jul 15, 2011 10:25:26 pm
      Nah, best Manic Street Preachers track is 'From Despair To Where'  ;)

Manic Street Preachers: From Despair to Where-better quality

They didn't do much for me beyond 'The Holy Bible' because Richey was no longer around to write the lyrics and they became a bit repetative.

To keep it on topic, I've seen them a couple of times, a good 10-12 years ago (unfortunately minus Richey). I also had a plectrum that James Dean Bradfield gave to me after the first gig but I think an ex has stolen it!

A bit belated, but we may have seen the same tours.  I saw them at the Reading festival for the first time in '92, again in October '92.  Sometime in '93 and again in '94 touring the Holy Bible (Richey looked so gaunt onstage).  I think I saw them a couple more times without Richey around 95-96.  I'm a bit the same, it never really felt the same after the Holy Bible (an amazing album).  I think I bought 'Lifeblood' and being so disappointed about how slow it was.  They do seem to have picked up a bit lately though.

When I think Manics, I think 'faster', one of my faves:
      Manic Street Preachers - Faster

Saw the Foo's on their first ever uk tour in 1995.  Lots of teenygrungers dressed up as Cobain and Love.

Have seen PiL this year.  Was hoping to do Guilfest but other committments have seen that idea off.  May get myself to the Damned 35th Anniversary tour later in the year.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #571: Jul 29, 2011 08:33:19 am
      Sat refreshing ticketmaster waiting to get some RHCP tickets on the girlfriends card. ;)
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #572: Aug 03, 2011 12:28:32 pm
      Any Irish reds fancy a standing ticket for Iron Maiden tonight at the Odyssey?

I've had a couple of people drop out at the last minute and I'm scrambling to get a taker for it, so advertising anywhere I can. :)
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #573: Aug 03, 2011 07:47:32 pm
      Seen Iron Maiden at sheffield and manchester this month, absolutely awesome ! crackin' show
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #574: Aug 03, 2011 11:45:12 pm
      Just back from Maiden.  First time I've seen them and that was the best night of my life...F***ing amazing!!  And Dragonforce weren't actually that bad either.

My voice is hoarse, my ears are fu**ed and my legs are like jelly.  Quick shower to wash the sweat away and sweet dreams about a wonderful night!

Up the Irons!!!!   ;D

Quick Reply