Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Concerts

Read 193265 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #782: Sep 16, 2013 04:29:24 pm
      Went to see Soundgarden at the Academy in Birmingham on Saturday.

Now this was almost a life-long dream for me as I'd been a fan since my teens and never been able to see them. Tickets sold out on the first day and after seeing the venue, I'm not surprised, it was nowhere near as big as I expected. I'm sure they could have sold out a venue twice the size easily. No bad thing, of course because it was pretty intimate.

So firstly, let me say that musically they were superb. You'd expect them to be excellent given how long they have been around and the fact that their albums are so good, they really are master musicians and any fears that Chris Cornell had lost his voice soon vanished! It was a strong set as well (although I was hoping for '4th of July').

I really want to tell you that it was one of the greatest gigs I'd ever been to but in truth, it was quite sad. As good as they were (again, they were excellent), they barely moved on stage and I can only imagine that in their earlier years, they would have had more energy about them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting backflips but they did look like a band approaching the end, doing a farewell tour for the fans. Certainly not 'going through the motions' but not as passionate as I had expected them to look.

Brilliant music though and they'll always be one of my favourite bands of all time, glad I got the chance to see them.

Set:

Let Me Drown
      Spoonman
      By Crooked Steps
      Been Away Too Long
      Worse Dreams
      My Wave
      Get on the Snake
      Non-State Actor
      Pretty Noose
      Burden in My Hand
      Blood on the Valley Floor
      Black Hole Sun
      Blind Dogs
      Taree
      Eyelid's Mouth
      Fell on Black Days
      Blow Up the Outside World
      Rusty Cage

Encore:
      Jesus Christ Pose
      Slaves & Bulldozers

Soundgarden - Burden In My Hand
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #783: Sep 16, 2013 04:54:20 pm
      I've a friend going to them tonight, and like you it's his first time seeing Soundgarden. He is equally as passionate as you Rep, they must be doing something right!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #784: Sep 19, 2013 02:22:36 pm
      Alice in Chains + Metallica tonight!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #785: Sep 20, 2013 03:35:21 pm
      Alice in Chains and Metallica last night. Awesome. Too bad Alice in Chains' concert was too short (around 1 hour), but I got to listen to Man In The Box live - a childhood dream accomplished. At least Metallica played for 2 and a half hours.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #786: Sep 22, 2013 11:03:51 pm
      Well, what can I say? Had such a great day this Saturday. First, I saw Moraes Moreira and Pepeu Gomes, the legendary members of one of the best Brazilian bands of all time, Novos Baianos. A little later, it was time to be surprised by Gogol Bordello. Can't believe I didn't know them before - such a funny and entertaining show! Don't think any one stood still for more than a few seconds during his entire concert.

After a few boring concerts I mostly ignored (such as Philip Philips - or something like that - and John Mayer), it was time for Bruce Springsteen. He played the album Born in the USA in full, plus many other classics. It was brilliant, absolutely brilliant. After I got home from the concert, my facebook was full of messages like "you were right about Bruce", "Bruce just got another fan" and stuff like that, from people who watched it on tv. Those who were there, even those who barely knew him, surely had a great time and were shocked by his vitality and charisma. He'll be 64 this week and I can safely say he's the best front man I've ever seen in my entire life.

Thanks, Boss. Please come back soon.

There's a little video here of one of my favorite parts of Bruce's concert, when he gives the microphone to a young lad in the crowd: http://globotv.globo.com/globocom/g1/v/menino-canta-com-bruce-springsteen/2840583/
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #787: Oct 01, 2013 12:56:11 am
      That rock in rio looks amazing! There's a bit of something for everyone there, with some quality performers across loads of music genres...Did you see the Offspring when you saw Muse? They are awesome
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #788: Oct 01, 2013 02:00:31 am
      I went to Jon McLaughlin concert last night. It was an amazing show.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #789: Oct 01, 2013 02:27:39 pm
      That rock in rio looks amazing! There's a bit of something for everyone there, with some quality performers across loads of music genres...Did you see the Offspring when you saw Muse? They are awesome

Oh I didn't go that night (Muse), I only watched them on tv... and the Offspring too! My younger brother did go that day though and loved it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #790: Oct 01, 2013 02:57:46 pm
      A little later, it was time to be surprised by Gogol Bordello. Can't believe I didn't know them before - such a funny and entertaining show!
      Crazy m'fuckers ain't they? I've caught them a couple or three time, at festivals, down the years and they're always worth a visit.  ;D

it was time for Bruce Springsteen. He played the album Born in the USA in full, plus many other classics. It was brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
      First time seeing the Boss Diego? A proper Rock star mate and full value for money - he's never disappointed... even those who wouldn't be into him too much. Sounds like you had a great time... well jealous.

My last gig - Jimmy Eat World at the House of Blues in Vegas, last Wednesday. Not quite Rock in Rio but a smashing night nonetheless.

Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #791: Oct 01, 2013 03:01:18 pm
      On Saturday, Muse closed the night and I must admit that, even though I'm not fan of theirs, they do sound pretty good live.
      * cough... ahem?...  :angel:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #792: Oct 02, 2013 02:19:53 pm
      Crazy m'fuckers ain't they? I've caught them a couple or three time, at festivals, down the years and they're always worth a visit.

Oh yeah! I was really surprised at how good they are. The crowd were a bunch of lunatics as well, which made it even funnier - one of the most enjoyable concerts I've ever seen. Definitely seeing them again when they come back to Brazil.

First time seeing the Boss Diego? A proper Rock star mate and full value for money - he's never disappointed... even those who wouldn't be into him too much. Sounds like you had a great time... well jealous.

Yep, my first time! His last visit to Brazil had been in 1988 (or something like that), so there was a whole generation of Bruce fans who had never seen him! It was unbelievable, truly unbelievable. He promised to come back sooner than we might expect... really hope he does!

:D :D
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #793: Oct 15, 2013 10:53:28 am
      Hoping I get tickets for Disclosure's free gig in Galway later on.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #794: Oct 15, 2013 01:28:51 pm
      Got tickets for secret Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds concert in London next month. Drawn by ballot, part of a documentary or something, should be good.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #795: Oct 28, 2013 12:05:55 am
      The National Sat 9th November in Belfast and Sigur Ros a week later in Dublin on my birthday.

Two of my 'Must see live' bands and I cannot wait.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #796: Oct 28, 2013 01:17:56 am
      Oh I didn't go that night (Muse), I only watched them on tv... and the Offspring too! My younger brother did go that day though and loved it.

They're both brilliant performers.

Queens of the Stone Age / Nine Inch Nails are doing a tour round Aus next year which I'm looking at going to. Not even remotely interested in NIN, I find them boring, but QotSA should be awesome
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #797: Oct 28, 2013 08:19:56 pm
      Not even remotely interested in NIN, I find them boring

Worth seeing them just to see Reznor do 'Hurt' though, it's amazing live. Their new stuff is supposed to be a completely new sound for them but I haven't hear it yet.

QOTSA should be excellent  :gt-happyup:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #798: Nov 10, 2013 07:25:04 pm
      The National last night in Belfast and quite simply one of the best live acts I've seen.

Stunningly good and anyone going to Dublin tonight is in for a treat.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #799: Nov 11, 2013 03:30:22 pm
      Saw The Roots, Beck and Blur on Saturday. All three were great. Blur were epic, absolutely epic. They're one of my favorite bands ever, one I was hoping to see live since I was a teenager. I hadn't realized I knew so many Blur lyrics, but in the show it seemed the words just came out of my mouth instantly.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #800: Nov 11, 2013 06:20:42 pm
      Saw The Roots, Beck and Blur on Saturday. All three were great. Blur were epic, absolutely epic. They're one of my favorite bands ever, one I was hoping to see live since I was a teenager. I hadn't realized I knew so many Blur lyrics, but in the show it seemed the words just came out of my mouth instantly.

Amazing. Did they do Under The Westway?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #801: Nov 11, 2013 06:27:40 pm
      Amazing. Did they do Under The Westway?

Yep, they did. I love that song.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #802: Nov 11, 2013 09:56:45 pm

I'm not that big a fan of Blur but I'm actually happy that you've seen them as I've read how much you love them. Glad they didn't disappoint.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #803: Nov 17, 2013 01:01:11 pm
      Sigur Ros last night in Dublin and they were every bit as good as I'd hoped, if not even better.

The sound they produce for their songs live is something special and adds a whole new level to the songs and it was a simply stunning show with a lot of highlights including Brennistein from the latest album and Festival which was the last song before the encore.

Anyone who is a fan of the band should try and see them, if possible as they don't seem to have many UK dates on a tour, as the live experience of their songs is, as I said, something that bit more special than they sound on a CD.

If you read my post in the birthday thrad you'll know I actually missed a bit of the gig as I almost passed out as the heat in the arena was colossal and it's never happend to me before so I was a bit pissed off I missed the likes of Hoppipolla but nothing I could do as I just made it to the edge before dropping to the floor. Maybe a combination of the heat and not enough to eat during the day but I recovered enough to catch Festival before having to leave and sadly miss the enocore.

Apart from that though it was a fanstatic gig and the sheer sound the band created surprised me the most aa although the new album is a heavier sound than most would associate with Sigur Ros every song they played sounded spectatular and the bass and drum in particular were almost ear shatteringly loud and as I said for a fan you have to try and see them live as it is something else indeed.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #804: Nov 17, 2013 09:16:26 pm
      Bruno Mars next week, can not wait.

Quick Reply