Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Concerts

Read 192759 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #920: Jun 17, 2016 09:40:18 pm
      I am leaning towards the smaller more intimate gigs myself these days. Hard to say what my favorite show would have been. Seen Pearl Jam about 7 or 8 times, Jimmy Buffett 3 times I think, Cornell 3 times, Aerosmith once, and Willie Nelson 3 or 4 times.

Toss up between Pearl Jam and Cornell for me.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #921: Jun 17, 2016 11:52:18 pm
      Have to agree mate, I went travelling in 2001 and Coldplay were playing in Melbourne, i have never been massively into them, thought they had the odd good song but I was given a ticket and I went (night before a neighbours evening with Karl Kennedy, Toadfish and some other fella - was trying to impress 😁) but I genuinely really enjoyed the show they put on, they were great, they had the place captivated.. He's a very good front man for someone with seemingly not an outwardly personality or the arrogance that other frontmen offer

Off to see The Stone Roses tomorrow night, looking forward to that

What's the best gig anyone of you have been to?
      I don't like massive gigs myself which probably goes against me enjoying tomorrow, I went to Knebworth and Wembley stadium to see oasis and it was sh*te at both, best I saw them was an intimate gig in Cardiff once.
      Probably two of my favourites were a tent gig at V where I saw Badly Drawn Boy or Gomez at the Brixton academy

I've always enjoyed Coldplay as a live act and anytime they've been on tv on Glastonbury or T in the Park I've always been captivated. And I think people really enjoy their shows because they just come across as very normal people with no pretensions about being musical geniuses, aloof or wild which give their shows, whether in a stadium or a small venue, a genuine heart warming appeal that goes hand in hand with their heart warming melodies and Chris Martin is a great melodist. I'm a sucker for melody - Noel Gallagher, Paul McCartney, Ray Davies, Chris Martin - love them all.

Best gig I've been to? Bruce Springsteen at Hampden three years ago. Three hours and despite a splitting headache and sore back it was the best of my life. I get the feeling that he and his band performs every gig as though it's their last such was the positivity and enthusiasm they gave. I love the communal appeal of a big stadium gig. Thousands of people singing and dancing along and just being happy - it's great.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #922: Jun 18, 2016 08:19:41 pm

Nothing wrong with that! Where is it? A friend of mine is seeing her at Hampden Park (there's been a lot of big names on tour this summer!)

We are going to the Ricoh Arena in Coventry, saw her a few years ago in Birmingham and she was superb, the place was bouncing so I'm hoping this will be just as good  8)

Kopite78
      Reply #923: Jun 18, 2016 08:41:48 pm
      At the Emptyhad now waiting for the Stone Roses to come on..

The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #924: Jul 10, 2016 08:00:55 pm
      Has anyone seen Ocean Colour Scene live before? They're playing Dublin in December and I'm thinking of going. I liked Moseley Shoals and find myself going back to it every now and then, but some of their songs can be hit and miss. Would be bringing my girlfriend who has a different taste in music to me, hence my hesitation, don't want it to be €90 pissed away.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #925: Jul 10, 2016 08:52:28 pm
      Has anyone seen Ocean Colour Scene live before? They're playing Dublin in December and I'm thinking of going. I liked Moseley Shoals and find myself going back to it every now and then, but some of their songs can be hit and miss. Would be bringing my girlfriend who has a different taste in music to me, hence my hesitation, don't want it to be €90 pissed away.

Seen them in the Ulster Hall Belfast almost 20 years ago mate during their tour for One From The Modern.

Great live band.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #926: Jul 10, 2016 08:59:20 pm
      Seen them in the Ulster Hall Belfast almost 20 years ago mate during their tour for One From The Modern.

Great live band.

Thanks mate, Just what I needed to hear!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #927: Jul 14, 2016 06:03:20 pm
      Has anyone seen Ocean Colour Scene live before?
      At least three times TK91... more for my good lady's sake than mine but the truth is; they have always put on a good show. I'll tell you now... the sing along to 'The Day We Caught The Train' will be ringing in your ears for a F***ing age after... Oh oh la la... Oh oh la la... Oh oh la la... Oh oh la la.

And now it's in mine... FOR FUCKS SAKE!  >:D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #928: Jul 14, 2016 09:21:40 pm
      At least three times TK91... more for my good lady's sake than mine but the truth is; they have always put on a good show. I'll tell you now... the sing along to 'The Day We Caught The Train' will be ringing in your ears for a F***ing age after... Oh oh la la... Oh oh la la... Oh oh la la... Oh oh la la.

And now it's in mine... FOR FUCKS SAKE!  >:D

You didn't happen to be in that Ulster Hall gig I was talking about Mouse?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #929: Jul 14, 2016 09:43:51 pm
      I used to watch lots of OCS live videos on youtube. They seem to be a pretty good live band.
      I would love to see them but I don't think they've ever come to Brazil... they're not very famous around here.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #930: Jul 14, 2016 09:45:24 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR8NpxTZV6w

This is a good example. Really like this song.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #931: Jul 14, 2016 09:47:00 pm

Saw them at a Festival last month, they done Moseley Shoals. Was Boss. Seen them a couple of times at festivals now.

I don't like Simply Red, the missus does like Simply Red. Tickets have been bought to see them at the o2 in November, coming out of my account. Still wondering how that ended up happening...
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #932: Jul 14, 2016 10:02:11 pm

Seen them live a few times mate, in fact I played in a band who supported them about 15 years ago so got the chance to meet them.Good set of lads who are all top musicians and have a great bond and vibe together on stage.
      Steve Cradock is a brilliant guitarist and to watch him play live is worth the entrance fee alone for me.

The set is full of hits and as BBB said the hook line on "The day we caught the train" will be in your head for days afterwards..
      Get down the front for maximum sound !!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #933: Aug 01, 2016 02:20:47 pm
      I so want to make the most of my time in the UK, I'm already doing a list of concerts I want to attend.

One of my favourite bands Ride is playing in Brighton early September, but it's already sold out and it's probably before I make the move.

Pixies play in various cities this year as well but they're all sold out. F**k. They're F***ing brilliant live - I've seen them before in a festival.

The Who at the Echo Arena should be good. Elvis Costello playing in Manchester in March 2017 as well.

Zutons, The Specials and Van Morrison all playing in Liverpool pretty soon. Exciting.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #934: Aug 02, 2016 10:16:06 pm
      I recently saw Red Hot Chili Peppers for the first time. Fantastic.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #935: Aug 03, 2016 12:15:05 am
      Heading up to San Francisco and the outlands festival to see radiohead, lcd sound system, air, years and years, haelos and Ryan Adams.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #936: Aug 06, 2016 07:09:14 am
      First night at the Outside Lands music festival
      Saw the end part of Duran Duran, all of lcd sound system and then radomly met two French fellas from the band Air that play tomorrow, shared a taxi and arrange to meet up tomorrow for backstage for their gig and then radiohead's after. Weird and wonderful world.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #937: Aug 23, 2016 01:59:51 pm
      Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds tonight.

I'd be lying if I said I knew any of their songs but absolutely can't wait for the Oasis songs.

Noel is a genius.

Oasis are up there with my favourite bands.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #938: Aug 23, 2016 02:17:28 pm
      Seeing Coldplay in Dallas on Saturday. No idea what to expect, never been to one of their shows. Taking my 13 year old son.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Re: concerts
      Reply #939: Aug 23, 2016 03:35:00 pm
      Going to see Arctic Monkeys at L.C.C.C in June and Lostprophets at the MEN in April.

First time on this thread so took me to the first page...

bet he regrets that one.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #940: Aug 23, 2016 05:43:45 pm
      First night at the Outside Lands music festival
      Saw the end part of Duran Duran, all of lcd sound system and then radomly met two French fellas from the band Air that play tomorrow, shared a taxi and arrange to meet up tomorrow for backstage for their gig and then radiohead's after. Weird and wonderful world.

How did the backstage vibe go?..
      Radiohead set any good?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #941: Aug 28, 2016 02:01:41 am
      Waiting for Coldplay to take the stage here in Dallas. My 13 year old is beyond excited, have to admit I'm pretty psyched as well....only 45 more minutes
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #942: Aug 28, 2016 05:56:56 am
      Got a Glasvegas + The View double headliner day festival coming up. Absolutely can't wait.

Gutted I missed tickets for Catfish and the Bottlemen and I can't wait for Frank Turner to announce his next UK tour. Favorite artist by far.

Quick Reply