Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Concerts

Read 193131 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #575: Aug 04, 2011 12:08:47 am
      I'm no big fan of Iron Maiden but I know lots of people who are. They come to Brazil quite often so my friends have seen them plenty of times. The day after the concert, they're always saying how epic it was, so I bet their concerts are great if you're a fan.

Bought tickets for Pearl Jam today! They're coming back to Rio in November. I saw them in 2005 and it was brilliant.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #576: Aug 04, 2011 01:07:40 am

Bought tickets for Pearl Jam today! They're coming back to Rio in November. I saw them in 2005 and it was brilliant.

Don't let Racer see this Diego..he'll be well jealous  :o

Enjoy hun x

I'm going to see Rihanna in November  ;)
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #577: Aug 04, 2011 01:32:42 pm
      I'm no big fan of Iron Maiden but I know lots of people who are. They come to Brazil quite often so my friends have seen them plenty of times. The day after the concert, they're always saying how epic it was, so I bet their concerts are great if you're a fan.

Yeah I think Maiden probably play in Brazil more than any other country, they have a huge fanbase there.  Such a shame they barely play in the UK but Bruce did promise last night that they'd be back soon.

I know a few people who went last night that aren't fans, but just appreciate the show they put on and the manic way the fans are, especially with the older songs.  I always new 'Fear of the Dark' was great live but it was by far the best received by everybody last night - ''epic'' is the best word I can think to describe it.

Seen Iron Maiden at sheffield and manchester this month, absolutely awesome ! crackin' show

Did they play 'The Trooper' at those shows?  And is that why you are called red trooper? :D

They dropped it from the setlist in Belfast last night, I'm guessing due to the sensitivities of waving a Union Jack.  Hate this F***ing country sometimes.  That was my only disappointment of the night.  They could have even played a different song to replace it rather than us getting one less song that everyone else. :(
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #578: Aug 04, 2011 01:41:24 pm
      Just back from Maiden.  First time I've seen them and that was the best night of my life...F***ing amazing!!  And Dragonforce weren't actually that bad either.

My voice is hoarse, my ears are fu**ed and my legs are like jelly.  Quick shower to wash the sweat away and sweet dreams about a wonderful night!

Up the Irons!!!!   ;D
      Nice one. I grew up on Maiden, used to collect their vinyls. Got to say I f***in hate Dragonfarce though, ;D.
      "Look how fast we can play guitars"
      "Well done, it sounds sh*t though!"  :laugh:

Seen them twice myself, both fantastic gigs.

I'm going to see Rihanna in November
      I'm sorry, here, have a hug  :hug:

:P
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #579: Aug 04, 2011 02:34:17 pm
      Nice one. I grew up on Maiden, used to collect their vinyls. Got to say I f***in hate Dragonfarce though, ;D.
      "Look how fast we can play guitars"
      "Well done, it sounds sh*t though!"  :laugh:

I see what you did there. ;D

Gotta say, I don't really like ''Dragonfarce'' either but they were a decent warm up to Maiden.  I'd heard they are a recording band mainly and their live shows are sh*t, and sounding completely different to their studio songs.  But I didn't find the sound too far off and enjoyed them more than I thought I would.

The crowd didn't really get into it though and they barely played over 30 minutes.  Thought it was funny when their new lead singer asked ''is everybody looking forward to Maiden?'' and the crowd went nuts.  We then proceeded to chant ''Maiden, Maiden'' for about 2 minutes whilst they had bemused looks on their faces. :D

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #580: Aug 04, 2011 05:27:30 pm
      Thought it was funny when their new lead singer asked ''is everybody looking forward to Maiden?'' and the crowd went nuts.  We then proceeded to chant ''Maiden, Maiden'' for about 2 minutes whilst they had bemused looks on their faces. :D
      Why do bands always do that? What do they expect you to say? "No not really, there's just F**k all on telly on a Wednesday night".
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #581: Aug 04, 2011 06:18:28 pm
      Yeah I think Maiden probably play in Brazil more than any other country, they have a huge fanbase there. 

Yep, their fanbase here is huge! I think it can also be said about other South American countries. Don't really know the reason for that, but it's true.

Another example of that were the Ramones, extremely huge fanbase here. Once one of them said that while they would play in smaller places in the USA, in Brazil and Argentina they would have gigs in football stadiums.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #582: Aug 04, 2011 06:23:29 pm

I'm sorry, here, have a hug  :hug:

:P

Will be on in the car all the way up to Liverpool  ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #583: Aug 04, 2011 07:05:00 pm
      Diego. . . You lucky b***ard! Who What do have to do to see them in Ireland. Never been able to get a ticket
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #584: Aug 04, 2011 07:06:29 pm
      Will be on in the car all the way up to Liverpool  ;)
      Oh dear, I've got to rely on the M6 being free from traffic. Not good.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #585: Aug 04, 2011 09:28:15 pm
      Oh dear, I've got to rely on the M6 being free from traffic. Not good.

That will never happen Rep....never been on the M6 when its free of traffic....we'll take turns of the music   :laugh:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #586: Aug 05, 2011 09:00:35 am
      That will never happen Rep....never been on the M6 when its free of traffic....we'll take turns of the music   :laugh:
      New Years Day, 2009, 8am. I remember it well, ;D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #587: Aug 09, 2011 05:45:13 pm
      I'm absolutely gutted. I've only just found out that Alexisonfire have split (announced on 5th). They're doing a farewell tour in Canada then that's that  :'(
      I've seen them live 4 times and always look forward to their tours, truly one of the best live bands around.
      Terrible news.
      Apparently the split wasn't amicable either so it sounds pretty final. Dallas is going to concentrate on City and Color and it's just been announced that Wade McNeil is going to replace Frank Carter as frontman for Gallows (interesting prospect!). I'm guessing George Pettit will just play bass for fu**ed Up but that's a huge waste of his vocal talents if true.

I know the majority won't know what the hell I'm talking about but just imagine one of your favourite bands suddenly splitting and you'll get what I mean.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #588: Aug 09, 2011 06:14:14 pm
      For some reason I used to think Alexisonfire was an "emocore" band? ??? Never properly listened to them
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #589: Aug 09, 2011 06:23:34 pm
      Yeah, they seem to have suffered from that a bit. I think a lot of it has to do with magazine shoots where they're dressed in a certain way with skinny black jeans and flesh tunnels in their ears etc. I've forced a few people to listen to them and changed their perception. Wade and George are both from reputable and heavy punk bands, Black Lungs and fu**ed up, respectively and that comes through in their sound. Added to Dallas Green's stunning vocals (as heard for City and Color) made for an incredible sound, especially live.

Can't post tracks but check these out :

Boiled Frogs
      Side Walk When She Walks
      No Transitory
      Get Fighted
      Drunks, Lovers, Sinners and Saints
      This Could Be Anywhere In The World
      To A Friend
      Rough Hands
      No Rest

That should give you a good cross-section of their sound.

Also worth listening to 44. Caliber Love Letter just to hear the way the intro builds up. I love it.

If you do like Alexisonfire, there's a young band from England who blatantly copy their style called We Are The Ocean. Not as good (yet) and certainly not as edgy but worth a listen.
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2011 06:29:03 pm by Reprobate »
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #590: Aug 09, 2011 10:34:38 pm
      I know the majority won't know what the hell I'm talking about but just imagine one of your favourite bands suddenly splitting and you'll get what I mean.

I know the feeling well. That sucks.

Can't say I've ever listened to them, though I know the name well. No doubt my brother in-law is a fan.

As for the other bands you mentioned, fu**ed Up is just about my favorite harder act going.

I know what you're talking about, but have never heard them referred to that way. :D Normally, I'd just say plugs whether or not they were plugged.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #591: Aug 09, 2011 10:56:56 pm
      I know what you're talking about, but have never heard them referred to that way. :D Normally, I'd just say plugs whether or not they were plugged.
      I'm not making it up, ;D
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flesh_tunnel

Diego, regarding my previous post, it's probably just easier if you 'acquire' their 2 most popular albums, ;D

Watch Out!
      and
      Crisis
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #592: Aug 12, 2011 10:22:07 pm
      Yep, their fanbase here is huge! I think it can also be said about other South American countries. Don't really know the reason for that, but it's true.

Another example of that were the Ramones, extremely huge fanbase here. Once one of them said that while they would play in smaller places in the USA, in Brazil and Argentina they would have gigs in football stadiums.

Weren't A-ha massive in South America, particularly Brazil, as well? Didn't they hold the record for the highest attended stadium gig ever, held in Rio once?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #593: Sep 02, 2011 12:49:46 am
      Just come back from the Arcade Fire gig at Edinburgh Castle. What an amazing concert!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #594: Sep 03, 2011 11:31:44 pm
      Just come back from the Arcade Fire gig at Edinburgh Castle. What an amazing concert!

Bet that was brilliant, I love Arcade Fire.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #595: Sep 04, 2011 02:20:25 pm
      Ooh sounds good FMS. I saw Arcade Fire at Reading festival a few years ago, before the latest album. The sun was setting, they came on and No Cars Go kicked in. It was freakin perfect and one of the most enjoyable live performances I've seen.

It's really fun just watching all their members run about the stage, there's so many of them! :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #596: Sep 13, 2011 11:56:41 am
      Just found out the The Black Keys are touring the UK in February  :jackoff: :clap:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #597: Sep 13, 2011 06:15:04 pm
      Just found out the The Black Keys are touring the UK in February  :jackoff: :clap:

Should be boss.

My brother saw them in Holland, said they are very good.

Quick Reply