Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Concerts

Read 191426 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #115: Oct 17, 2008 12:21:03 am
      Didn't see it but heard it from our tents mate. Was very confused as you can imagine!!  :D

My mate and his girl mixed all the drinks into 'allowed sized' bottles before we got there. As far as the stewards knew, we were just taking in cola and water....loads of it  ;)

Good stuff fella!

I was eating a fat Yorkie with gravy and sausages while Dave Grohl was knocking out a few classics! Obviously later on I was twatted watching the rock versions! :D
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #116: Nov 18, 2008 03:20:15 pm
      Paul Weller was in fine form in the Echo Areana last night. He banged out loads of his classic hits. Four Jam tunes, Eton Riffles, Malice, Butterfly collector and Entertainment and even the old Style council tune Shout to the Top for us old bas**rds! He even managed to squeeze in a bit of the Who's Magic Bus and a great rendition of All you need is Love (Originally by some Scouse group). With The Riffles as the support group it was a top gig and a top night!

It was the first time I have been to the Areana and I have to say its quite impressive. The acoustics in the place are great, the sound is clear as a bell! Its a very similar venue to the MEN but being smaller it gives an intimacy you don't get in the MEN and you really feel part of the occasion.

I'm still buzzin from last night and I'm totally gutted that I've got to go and do it all again next week for The Bunnymen's 30th Anniversary gig! What a blow that is! ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #117: Nov 18, 2008 03:47:44 pm
      Paul Weller was in fine form in the Echo Areana last night. He banged out loads of his classic hits. Four Jam tunes, Eton Riffles, Malice, Butterfly collector and Entertainment and even the old Style council tune Shout to the Top for us old bas**rds! He even managed to squeeze in a bit of the Who's Magic Bus and a great rendition of All you need is Love (Originally by some Scouse group). With The Riffles as the support group it was a top gig and a top night!

It was the first time I have been to the Areana and I have to say its quite impressive. The acoustics in the place are great, the sound is clear as a bell! Its a very similar venue to the MEN but being smaller it gives an intimacy you don't get in the MEN and you really feel part of the occasion.

I'm still buzzin from last night and I'm totally gutted that I've got to go and do it all again next week for The Bunnymen's 30th Anniversary gig! What a blow that is! ;)

Sounds like you had a boss night there CH  ;D and I'm jealous as hell that your seeing the Bunnymen next week.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #118: Nov 18, 2008 04:01:35 pm
      Just listening to a biit of Mr Weller now, was it a top night then Crazy Horse.

Oh and I love Town called Malice! And that Out of the Sinking ain't bad too. (Should still be the tune for Sky's super sunday)

Enjoy the Bunnymen next week too, not really my cup of tea although did like the album Evergreen and the single Nothing Lasts Forever
      « Last Edit: Nov 18, 2008 04:06:58 pm by HUYTON RED »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #119: Nov 18, 2008 04:17:29 pm
      Did Paul Weller start smoking on stage Crazy Horse?

When i went to see him live he lit up :D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #120: Nov 18, 2008 04:38:54 pm

Did he do So Sad About Us by The Who? His version is cracker (not as good as the origional mind you). I saw him and Pete Townsend do that song live once, really was top drawer.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #121: Nov 18, 2008 09:33:18 pm
      He didn't do so sad about us, And I didn't notice him light up but I moved away from the front about half way through and just stood near the back of the arena chilling with a beer! On nice touch was during "That's Entertainment", when he sang the line "traveling on buses" he beamed a big picture of Reg Varney hanging out of his Red London double Decker! Brought a lump to my throat, may be I'm a big softy! ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #122: Nov 18, 2008 10:31:17 pm
      Did he sing Strange Town, Crazy Horse? Me fave Jam song that.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #123: Nov 19, 2008 12:05:14 am
      during "That's Entertainment", when he sang the line "traveling on buses" he beamed a big picture of Reg Varney hanging out of his Red London double Decker! Brought a lump to my throat, may be I'm a big softy! ;)

Pfft! No chance mate. That was a lovely touch that. Kudos to the Weller.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #124: Nov 19, 2008 11:13:01 am
      Did he sing Strange Town, Crazy Horse? Me fave Jam song that.

He only sang the 4 Jam songs I've mentioned above, but he only did Eton riffles and butterfly collector earlier on the tour so I was made up this time around, I love the solo stuff and all that but first and formost I'm a Jam fan! They're my favorite group!

Just out of interest, your fondness of "Strange Town" doesn't have anything to with stepping of train on a Saturday afternoon in Alien towns on route to watch the Reds away does it?!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #125: Nov 19, 2008 10:57:47 pm
      Just out of interest, your fondness of "Strange Town" doesn't have anything to with stepping of train on a Saturday afternoon in Alien towns on route to watch the Reds away does it?!

So it's more like Sherlock Horse rather than Crazy :laugh:
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #126: Nov 19, 2008 10:58:46 pm
      Got The Apple Scruffs gig on the 28th of November.
      Glasvegas on the 30th January :)
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #127: Nov 21, 2008 09:16:19 pm
      So it's more like Sherlock Horse rather than Crazy :laugh:

Sherlock Scouse Kid just trying to avoid getting coshed by a badly dressed Southerner on route to Tottenham! :lmao:
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #128: Nov 26, 2008 09:42:53 am
      SIMPLE PLAN.

Oh my F***ing gosh. 

They were AMAZINGGGGGGG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzj-1yRBPGg
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #129: Nov 26, 2008 07:32:18 pm

Is right fella! :D

I had The Wombats the other night. One of the best concerts I've been to in a while! Balloons falling all over the crowd on the last song! :D Very nice touch!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #130: Nov 27, 2008 04:50:01 pm
      Have good one at the Bunnymen gig tonight Crazy Horse!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #131: Nov 27, 2008 07:18:10 pm
      I had The Wombats the other night. One of the best concerts I've been to in a while! Balloons falling all over the crowd on the last song! :D Very nice touch!

Did they have a band called "Accidents Waiting to Happen" on as well mate? They practice in our church, and have played with the Wombats a few times in the past.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #132: Nov 27, 2008 10:09:16 pm
      That Family Folk Up thing still going on in St Brides, Billy?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #133: Nov 27, 2008 10:41:18 pm

I officially hate you :lmao:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #134: Nov 27, 2008 11:16:35 pm
      That Family Folk Up thing still going on in St Brides, Billy?

Yeah they had one last Saturday mate. Back to Wave Machines (and my free enterance) this week.
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #135: Nov 28, 2008 12:26:50 am
      went to the echo and the bunnymen gig at the arena

what a let down!!! the band just didnt seem assed, ian mcculloch was just dull, arrogant and meh, no encore, no thank you's, nothing justfying the ticket prices

alot of disgruntled fans i over heard saying its the worst gig the bunnymen have performed
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #136: Nov 28, 2008 08:53:23 am

;)

Oh.  They also wrote a song about Liverpool onstage.  Oh look I just so happen to have a youtube link to that too!  ::)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QNVOJGRkqug&feature=related
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #137: Nov 28, 2008 12:17:01 pm
      Did they have a band called "Accidents Waiting to Happen" on as well mate? They practice in our church, and have played with the Wombats a few times in the past.

They had Alphabeat supporting in the ECHO fella. They weren't much cop like! ::) I'm sure Accidents Waiting to Happen would have ben much more suitable! :D

Quick Reply