Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Concerts

Read 191435 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #989: Apr 16, 2017 08:26:37 am
      Tell you what, Diego is smashing Liverpool and the UK. Talk about making the most of it. He's been to more matches and concerts since he's been here than I have probably been to in my life.

Fair play.

I went to see Bruno Mars last night with the nipper and Linz.

He was actually very good live I'll have to admit.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #990: Apr 20, 2017 11:28:31 pm
      Not concert as such but just home from Tommy Tiernan in Newry.

If you haven't seen him before make a point. Easily the most I've laughed in a long time at a comedy gig. Probably since the last time I seen him.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #991: May 20, 2017 11:27:52 pm
      I got two spares for John Cale & Guests playing Velvet Underground & Nico @ Clarence Dock (26/05). My brother was supposed to come for this but is no longer coming. Anyone want them?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #992: May 25, 2017 03:51:56 pm
      Scored me two half price tickets for Guns N F***ing Roses @ Slane this Saturday...

Take me down to the Paradise City...  :action-smiley-035:

And... guess who's supporting them... only Mark Lanegan - GET. IN. TO. F**k.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2017 03:57:43 pm by bad boy bubby »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #993: May 25, 2017 04:34:31 pm
      Scored me two half price tickets for Guns N F***ing Roses @ Slane this Saturday...

Take me down to the Paradise City...  :action-smiley-035:

And... guess who's supporting them... only Mark Lanegan - GET. IN. TO. F**k.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Enjoy mate.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #994: May 25, 2017 05:35:21 pm

I will Si... that sh*te Coldplay could headline Slane and I'd still have a cracking time. Best outdoor venue EVER.  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #995: May 25, 2017 05:47:07 pm
      I will Si... that sh*te Coldplay could headline Slane and I'd still have a cracking time. Best outdoor venue EVER.  ;D

Never had the chance to get to Slane.

Hopefully sort that at some point.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #996: May 25, 2017 07:25:24 pm

Hey easy...I like Coldplay ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #997: Jun 28, 2017 02:26:42 pm
      Rancid and Green Day tonight. I've always wanted to catch Rancid so happy as a horny dog at a Miss Lovely Legs competition...

"Echoes of reggae comin' through my bedroom wall..." 😎
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #998: Jun 28, 2017 03:37:01 pm
      Rancid and Green Day tonight. I've always wanted to catch Rancid so happy as a horny dog at a Miss Lovely Legs competition...

"Echoes of reggae comin' through my bedroom wall..." 😎

Dublin?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #999: Jun 29, 2017 10:31:49 am
      Ormeau Park Si.

Rancid's set was short [45mins] but jam packed, I loved it and it was way, way more solid than the cabaret act that Green Day have become.

For a band with a big back catalogue they don't half go overkill on filler and padding [call/response and waffle] every other song FFS.

Truth is; if I hadn't got the tickets for less than half price and if Rancid hadn't been 'support'; I wouldn't have went. 😊

Green Day albums - yes... Green Day live - they've become absolute pish. 😕

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1000: Jun 29, 2017 11:52:21 am
      Ormeau Park Si.

Rancid's set was short [45mins] but jam packed, I loved it and it was way, way more solid than the cabaret act that Green Day have become.

For a band with a big back catalogue they don't half go overkill on filler and padding [call/response and waffle] every other song FFS.

Truth is; if I hadn't got the tickets for less than half price and if Rancid hadn't been 'support'; I wouldn't have went. 😊

Aye after I posted I remembered they were at Ormeau.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1001: Jun 29, 2017 03:40:03 pm
      Ormeau Park Si.

Rancid is a band I'm desperate to watch one day but I was quite disappointed to see them as an opening act for Green Day.
      When they played here in England I thought prices were expensive and I was afraid they wouldn't play for very long - it seems to really have been the case :(

That said though, they're an amazing band, even for 45 minutes it must have been amazing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1002: Jun 29, 2017 03:57:32 pm
      Ormeau Park Si.

What is it about them that has become 'less good live'? They're getting on a bit now are Green Day - do they plunder more recent material at the expense of their classic work thinking it's on the same level when it patently is not?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1003: Jun 29, 2017 10:15:57 pm
      Was at Wembley last night to see Adele, oh she was just amazing and has the most wonderful voice, she ain't half a potty mouth though but I just love her songs, great seat at the stadium too and there was 95,000 there, very appropriate for yesterday.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1004: Jun 29, 2017 10:40:37 pm
      Was at Wembley last night to see Adele, oh she was just amazing and has the most wonderful voice, she ain't half a potty mouth though but I just love her songs, great seat at the stadium too and there was 95,000 there, very appropriate for yesterday.

One of my favorite vocalists. Wouldn't mind seeing her perform live.

Saw U2 two weeks back, quite an amazing show, so glad I went.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1005: Jun 29, 2017 10:55:11 pm

Lucky you! The Joshua Tree is a masterclass in songwriting from start to finish. Stadiums were built for less than the moment Edge starts pinging out those beautiful notes at the start of Where The Streets Have No Name! Along with Springsteen comfortably my favourite stadium act. Bono is a great showman and the Edge wonderfully unique.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1006: Jun 29, 2017 10:55:51 pm

She was on for almost 2 hours, no fliting off stage every 10 mins to change into another outfit, stayed and sang her heart out for 95,000 people, she was even better live than I thought she'd be....awesome stuff.

U2, I feel are passed their best, although I'm sure they are still brilliant, The Joshua Tree was by far their best album I think.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1007: Jun 29, 2017 11:59:59 pm
      She was on for almost 2 hours, no fliting off stage every 10 mins to change into another outfit, stayed and sang her heart out for 95,000 people, she was even better live than I thought she'd be....awesome stuff.

U2, I feel are passed their best, although I'm sure they are still brilliant, The Joshua Tree was by far their best album I think.

Yea the U2 show admittedly felt less awesome than I assume they had been in their prime, but I was a little late to the show on them as I never had the chance to see them when I was younger.

Going to see Coldplay in August. Saw them last year, that will be a belter of a show, they are great live.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1008: Jul 01, 2017 01:16:02 pm
      Yea the U2 show admittedly felt less awesome than I assume they had been in their prime, but I was a little late to the show on them as I never had the chance to see them when I was younger.

Going to see Coldplay in August. Saw them last year, that will be a belter of a show, they are great live.

Coldplay are an awesome group, would like to see them live, looks like I was very lucky to see Adele, as she's cancelled her final two shows at Wembley due to damage to her vocal chords  :(
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1009: Jul 01, 2017 08:20:19 pm
      Went to see Jackson Browne in concert at The Philharmonic the other night.
      Fantastic band with him and his set was brilliant. 8)

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1010: Jul 04, 2017 07:52:35 pm
      Went down to London to see Catfish and the Bottlemen on Saturday at Finsbury Park.

I think they are the one band to give a ray of hope to the indie rock scene.

Not much else out there really at the moment, with festivals turning more and more to top 40 artists and fading bands of yesteryear to fill the festival slots.

I'm a big fan.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1011: Jul 07, 2017 12:42:53 am
      ARCADE FIRE!

Now that's a band and a half. Speechless. I *need* to see them again, and soon. Fantastic.

Quick Reply