Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Concerts

Read 191444 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #1035: Nov 08, 2017 03:53:30 pm
      I don't disagree, but as the dad of a 14 and 12 year old that were also at the show...they had an absolute  blast and to me that was worth it. My oldest loves them and I can think of a lot worse music or bands he could be into at that age. So yea, maybe some of that stuff is a bit cheesy, but I have to admit, overall it was FUN and to me that's  what's missing from a lot of bands these days.

Now, if you want to see someone that hits the nail on the head for your description above (a surprise and something unexpected), go to a Pearl Jam show. They will knock your socks off every time, guaranteed and they still don't bow down to anyone ;)

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. And as you say if 12 and 14 year olds are loving it then that's all that's matters I suppose. For a lot of people that may also be their first live gig and what an impression it must make. They've been going for nearly two decades and to be fair, not many acts that are 2 decades old can appeal to younger audiences (especially 4 middle aged Englishmen) but Coldplay seem to have done that. That's their success in a nutshell - the ability to appeal to anyone of any age. Maybe not for me anymore but I still adore their A Rush of Blood To The Head and Viva La Vida albums like them. Will always have a soft spot for them on that basis.

I've heard so many great things about Pearl Jam live yet never had the opportunity to see them live. And by the sounds of it, Eddie Vedder by himself would be worth the entrance fee alone! He's always seemed like such a charismatic, likeable personality. Thing is, I don't know where to start with them as I've never really given them the respect of sitting down for a good period and listening to their back catalogue properly (rather than just having them crop up on my ipod on shuffle!).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1036: Nov 08, 2017 04:47:43 pm
      Yeah I know exactly what you mean. And as you say if 12 and 14 year olds are loving it then that's all that's matters I suppose. For a lot of people that may also be their first live gig and what an impression it must make. They've been going for nearly two decades and to be fair, not many acts that are 2 decades old can appeal to younger audiences (especially 4 middle aged Englishmen) but Coldplay seem to have done that. That's their success in a nutshell - the ability to appeal to anyone of any age. Maybe not for me anymore but I still adore their A Rush of Blood To The Head and Viva La Vida albums like them. Will always have a soft spot for them on that basis.

I've heard so many great things about Pearl Jam live yet never had the opportunity to see them live. And by the sounds of it, Eddie Vedder by himself would be worth the entrance fee alone! He's always seemed like such a charismatic, likeable personality. Thing is, I don't know where to start with them as I've never really given them the respect of sitting down for a good period and listening to their back catalogue properly (rather than just having them crop up on my ipod on shuffle!).

You could always try on one of their official bootleg albums to get a feel for how the shows go.

Should be a bunch of them on iTunes.

But really, you can find snippets from just about  any show on Youtube. They really are prolific in their live output.

I'd also recommend catching Ed in a solo environment as well. He shines just like Chris Cornell did. Really was hoping that one day, they'd end up getting together on tour, but alas it was never meant to be.

Here's one of their more recent shows from just up the road in Tampa. Pretty good quality and good energy. Diverse setlist too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bxZwOpIccc
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1037: Nov 09, 2017 04:24:06 am
      Elbow and perhaps nick Mulvey next week.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1038: Nov 13, 2017 02:27:09 pm
      Checking out the small gig by Steven Van Zandt at the Cavern Pub tomorrow in town.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1039: Nov 26, 2017 04:26:35 am
      Just went and saw elbow at the wiltern in Los Angeles and once again, they were utterly brilliant
      Such a fun night out.
      Brilliant in concert
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1040: Jan 31, 2018 11:48:51 pm
      Anybody going to see Pearl Jam in their upcoming world tour? Thinking about getting tickets for Rome at the Olimpico.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1041: May 12, 2018 12:22:03 am
      Going to Liam Gallagher and Richard Ashcroft tonight in Los Angeles at the Greek Amphitheater. Should be a good one.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1042: Jun 11, 2018 08:51:57 pm
      Off to see the Roger Waters Us and Them concert at the Echo Arena in a few weeks..
      Can't wait !!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1043: Jun 11, 2018 09:38:49 pm
      Off to see the Roger Waters Us and Them concert at the Echo Arena in a few weeks..
      Can't wait !!

Those shows he puts on are something else. Love it when acts like him really push the boat out for what is technically possible within a stadium/arena environment. Awesome spectacles.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1044: Jun 13, 2018 09:12:11 pm
      Those shows he puts on are something else. Love it when acts like him really push the boat out for what is technically possible within a stadium/arena environment. Awesome spectacles.

I know mate, can't wait to the show.
      I saw him at Wembley arena in 88 on his Radio Kaos tour and it was brilliant so I'm really looking forward to watching and listening once again 30 years later ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1045: Jun 13, 2018 10:14:30 pm
      Anybody going to see Pearl Jam in their upcoming world tour? Thinking about getting tickets for Rome at the Olimpico.

If you have a chance, GO!!!!
      lseoxfordworldcup
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #1046: Jun 19, 2018 02:34:37 am
      Saw Depeche Mode at the hollywood bowl last week.
      First half was a lot of the newer stuff which was ok. The second half was all mid 80’s to early 2000’s....and that was epic. Great to have finally seen them in concert. Even got to meet Martin Gore afterwards! Nice little fella with a ton of eye liner on!

Lucky you! Their newer stuff was quite boring.. But the classics were so great. Didn't know they are touring!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1047: Jul 04, 2018 01:36:39 pm
      Rodger Waters last nite in concert Manchester, unfuckingbelievable.
      Pink Floyd reincarnation. Sell out audience was completely blown away and gave a 10 minute standing ovation.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1048: Jul 04, 2018 04:15:33 pm
      Rodger Waters last nite in concert Manchester, unfuckingbelievable.
      Pink Floyd reincarnation. Sell out audience was completely blown away and gave a 10 minute standing ovation.

Was at the Echo Arena on Monday mate... same

That Battersea power station projection was incredible.

I got the impression he doesn't like Trump ! ha ha
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1049: Jul 04, 2018 10:00:42 pm
      Was at the Echo Arena on Monday mate... same

That Battersea power station projection was incredible.

I got the impression he doesn't like Trump ! ha ha

It was a birthday present from my kids, they tried to get the Echo Arena but it was sold out.
      What a show, the fx were literally out of this world. The power station thing was brilliant as you say.
      The remote pig was mad floating round the arena coupled with print out of the damage caused to society and the planet by the multi-powerful, obscenely wealthy and greedy pigs that rule the planet.
      'Trump Is A Pig' in huge letters put it all in perspective.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1050: Jul 04, 2018 10:28:37 pm
      Didn't want it to end Stu
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1051: Jul 04, 2018 11:01:19 pm

Same as mate, saying that tho the lift it gave lasted through today, took us back years.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1052: Jul 11, 2018 05:10:32 am
      I did and it was out of this world! The stadium was packed, they played for almost 3 hours and Eddie simply didn't want to leave the stage. Such great energy all around. There were people from all over the world, from families with kids to elders. It was like nothing I've experienced before.

Spent a few days in Rome as well and it was just something I truly enjoyed and will never forget.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1053: Sep 03, 2018 09:16:51 pm
      Anyone like George Ezra?
      His popularity has gone nutz.. sold out 12 date UK arena tour in two hours.. that's pretty good going. 8)
      I managed to get tickets for my good lady and her three mates for his gig in Amsterdam end of October.
      Arrive on the Monday, gig on the Tuesday, Weds checking the city out and back Thursday.
      Nice hotel including flights and gig ticket £400 each
      Bit of an early birthday present.

oh and don't worry, I've warned her about the coffee shops  ;D :cool-smiley-027:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1054: Oct 01, 2018 07:30:36 pm
      Can we just burn Anfield down now!! Feels like absolute sacrilege

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1046822736360869888
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1055: Nov 30, 2018 09:08:13 pm
      Bad Boy Bubby - formerly of this parish was saying on Twitter he’s off to see Big Country tonight in Belfast.

In another 80’s throwback I’m off to see Hipsway (The Honeythief) at the world famous Glasgow Barrowlands on the 20th December.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1056: Dec 03, 2018 08:53:29 pm
      Bad Boy Bubby - formerly of this parish was saying on Twitter he’s off to see Big Country tonight in Belfast.

In another 80’s throwback I’m off to see Hipsway (The Honeythief) at the world famous Glasgow Barrowlands on the 20th December.

I was blasting out the Hipsway album over the weekend mate, brilliant production and brilliant tunes, hard to imagine now that album was released in 85(I think?)...the song Tinder is my fav off that album.
      Should be a belting night, enjoy..

Talking of concerts, I've just secured row 6 seats with my Dad and Brother at the Philarmonic to see David Gray in March 8)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1057: Dec 03, 2018 09:00:47 pm
      I was blasting out the Hipsway album over the weekend mate, brilliant production and brilliant tunes, hard to imagine now that album was released in 85(I think?)...

Yeh 1985/86 I think is about right. It’s just so tight - an outstanding and pretty timeless record.

James Grant lead singer/songwriter in Love & Money does a fair bit of the axe work on it too. He’s long time mates with Grahame Skinner lead singer of Hipsway.

We go see him live a couple times a year - outstanding.

Hipsway have just released some new wax - “Smoke & Dreams”. First new record since 1989.........

Quick Reply