Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Concerts

Read 191439 times
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Re: concerts
      Reply #46: May 21, 2007 10:19:48 am
      im going to see babyshambles in november @ men unfortunatley , i advise yas to get a ticket because it will be boss!!!  pete doherty is a legend!

ive seen the aussie pink floyd and they were very good for anyone who is goin to see that
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #47: Jun 15, 2007 12:32:16 am
      Just discovered this thread when trawling through the Arkles and thought I'd post afew of the gigs I've been to!

1st gig was The Cult at Liverpool Royal Court - March 13th 1987 - Amazing experience! Also saw The Cult at Wembley Arena in '88 - My then girlfriend payed £100 for a return trip in a cab from N.Wales!

Then the floodgates opened... in no particular order except the next group:

Iron Maiden - Donnington Monsters of Rock 1988 - August 20, 1988

* Iron Maiden
          * KISS
          * David Lee Roth
          * Guns N' Roses - 2 people got crushed to death during this set, the ground was thick with mud.
          * Megadeth
          * Helloween

Manchester Apollo 1988 - I got thrown out before the encores, got back in and missed my train home so had to sleep on the platform til 6am!

Monsters of Rock - August 18, 1990

* Whitesnake
          * Aerosmith
          * Poison
          * Quireboys
          * Thunder

Monsters of Rock - August 22, 1992

* Iron Maiden
          * Skid Row
          * Thunder
          * Slayer
          * W.A.S.P.
          * The Almighty

High-on Maiden @ Ruskin Arms, West Ham - December 1st 2002
      Maiden played their 1st gig here in 1976. Met original singer Paul Di Anno and drummer Clive Burr! :action-smiley-031: :action-smiley-035:
      Earls Court - Dec. 23rd 2006 and Brixton Academy - June 24th 2007.

********************************************************************************

Other memorable gigs include Hawkwind at Liverpool Royal Court 1990, also @ the Rock 'n' Blues bike rally in 1992 - It was outdoors and totally awesome with the sound and light show! Man! :cool-smiley-027: And to top it all they played in Rhyl in 1994(?) :o :ernaehrung004: :cool-smiley-027: :food-smiley-005: :action-smiley-035:

There have been many others including Dream Theater, Girlschool, Rory Gallagher, The Stranglers, Saxon, Doctor and the Medics, Big Country, The Alarm, and tons of other I can't remember plus more bands at festivals and bike rallies including IQ Zero, Insanity Beach, The Hamsters, The Original Fling (Barn dance music - Yeeehaaar!) Cruzer and ABCD - an AC/DC cover band and they were bloody awesome!
      I could go on but I won't!

Good times and great memories!  ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #48: Jun 15, 2007 08:50:03 am
      OH MY GOD I'm seeing Rod Stewart soon but I don't know when?! Must be the start of July! ;D.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #49: Jun 15, 2007 09:46:11 am
      I started concert going regularly in 1979 and in them days most of the bands came to the Empire or the Royal court, but then Arenas sprang up and that was that. Besides football my great passion is music and I will in general listen to anything, I even like a bit of classical now and then.
      Heres some of the bands ive seen and how many times.

Thin Lizzy x 5
      Whitesnake x3
      AC/DC (with Bon Scott)
      The Scorpions
      Judas Priest
      Sammy Hagar
      Kiss   (at Bingley hall, what a cow shed)
      Rush
      Genesis (at the Liverpool Empire)
      Pink Floyd (Earls Court)
      The Boomtown Rats
      Lindisfarne
      Ultravox x3
      Orchestral Manouvres in The Dark x3
      A Flock of Seagulls x3
      Echo and The Bunnymen
      Manic Street Preachers x3
      The Beautiful South
      Embrace x4
      Placebo x2
      U2 x2
      Oasis x3
      Limp Bizkit
      Feeder x2
      Paul McCartney
      David Cassidy (Press ganged by the wife to go,there was me and two other fella’s in the audience, knew I shouldn’t have worn my pink shirt that night!)
      Foo Fighters x2
      Kylie Minogue (Shut it, I took my daughter)
      James Blunt (another choice by the wife, a concert that cheered me up no end!)
      Travis x3
      The Killers
      Arcade Fire
      The Reading Festival in 2000 and 2001 (the joys of camping)
      Oasis, Travis, Stereophonics, Placebo , Rage Against the Machine, Marilyn Manson,  Run DMC, Blink 182, The Strokes, Green Day, Feeder, Iggy Pop, e.t.c I cant remember them all.
      Creamfields 2002
      Faithless, Underworld, Paul Oakenfold and more I cant remember. (I didn’t remember much at the time either!) ???

There are more but I honestly can’t remember them. Has anyone else seen any of the bands on the list, if so what year? As we might have been at the same concert.;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #50: Jun 15, 2007 12:48:53 pm
      Glenbuck you musical beast you!! :D Been to some good gigs haven't you mate! Apart from a lot of obvious ones, I personally would have loved to see Flock Of Seaguls!!
      But the only one I was at on your list was Creamfields 2002. As well as seeing Faithless and Underworld there, I also seen Grandmaster Flash, Kosheen, Layo & Bushwacka, SASHA!!!, Deep Dish......and many more but it's a bit hazey now thinking back.

Is anyone going to Glastonbury this year? Next week isn't it?

I'm going to the V Festival and doing the whole camping thing. Any helpful tips anyone?
      Gonna try see as many bands as possible. My priority is to see Kasabian though.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #51: Jun 15, 2007 01:05:02 pm
      Glenbuck you musical beast you!! :D Been to some good gigs haven't you mate! Apart from a lot of obvious ones, I personally would have loved to see Flock Of Seaguls!!
      But the only one I was at on your list was Creamfields 2002. As well as seeing Faithless and Underworld there, I also seen Grandmaster Flash, Kosheen, Layo & Bushwacka, SASHA!!!, Deep Dish......and many more but it's a bit hazey now thinking back.

Is anyone going to Glastonbury this year? Next week isn't it?

I'm going to the V Festival and doing the whole camping thing. Any helpful tips anyone?
      Gonna try see as many bands as possible. My priority is to see Kasabian though.

Afternoon Kenny, A flock of seagulls where meant to be on in Liverpool last December as I bought tickets, unfortunately I was the only one who did so they cancelled. I'm not doing Glasto but that doesn't stop me wetting myself waiting for it to start, bbc3 usually do such extensive coverage that you dont usually miss many of the bands. Make sure you watch the Killers set and tell me what you think of Arcade fire if you can catch them, other bands I cant wait to see are the Artics,the Enemy,Editors and Biffy Clyro.
      When we camped at Reading the first tip was to get to the site as soon as your allowed on as you will be short on decent pitches if your late, NEVER camp within 50 yards of the chemical bogs as although they smell ok when you get there by the end of the weekend they smell like a Moroccan market. Bring as much as you can food,drink and hygiene wise as they will charge you an arm and a leg in the site shops.Oh take a torch, first year at Reading we didn't and had to do Matrix style manouvres to get round other tents without tripping over the lines as it was pitch black! ;D
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2007 01:08:36 pm by Glenbuck »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #52: Jun 15, 2007 01:25:07 pm
      Afternoon Kenny, A flock of seagulls where meant to be on in Liverpool last December as I bought tickets, unfortunately I was the only one who did so they cancelled. I'm not doing Glasto but that doesn't stop me wetting myself waiting for it to start, bbc3 usually do such extensive coverage that you dont usually miss many of the bands. Make sure you watch the Killers set and tell me what you think of Arcade fire if you can catch them, other bands I cant wait to see are the Artics,the Enemy,Editors and Biffy Clyro.
      When we camped at Reading the first tip was to get to the site as soon as your allowed on as you will be short on decent pitches if your late, NEVER camp within 50 yards of the chemical bogs as although they smell ok when you get there by the end of the weekend they smell like a Moroccan market. Bring as much as you can food,drink and hygiene wise as they will charge you an arm and a leg in the site shops.Oh take a torch, first year at Reading we didn't and had to do Matrix style manouvres to get round other tents without tripping over the lines as it was pitch black! ;D

Afternoon Glenbuck. Yeah I only found out about The Flocks until it had past, so was gutted.
      As for Glasto, I know what you mean mate! Remember being hooked to BBC interactive two years ago. Couldn't believe how much coverage they had. Also on Radio1 as well. The Killers were ace last time as were The White Stripes and Kasabians set blew my socks off!!! I haven't heard much of Arcade Fire so I'll look out for them. Love The Editors!!!
      Thanks for the tips mate. Very much appreciated!! No Matrix manouvres for this year! Especially after a lot of drinking....
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #53: Jun 15, 2007 02:28:01 pm

My bf gonna see (and hear I guess..?) Metallica in a couple of weeks..
      I wanna go tooooooo!!  :(
      MsGerrard
      Reply #54: Jun 15, 2007 02:57:22 pm
      A bit like Glenbuck, I've been going to concerts since the late 70's, although my musical tastes are somewhat different.

A list of who I've seen, the ones I can remember anyway 8)

Cilla Black (she was my hero when I was little)
      Cliff Richard
      Gloria Estefan
      Rod Stewart
      The Police
      Roxy Music
      Queen
      The Jam
      Style Council
      O.M.D
      A Flock of Seagulls
      Duran Duran
      Spandau Ballet
      Japan
      Madness
      Blondie
      A.B.C
      Diana Ross
      The Jackson 5
      The Temptations
      The Supremes
      Jnr Walker & the All Stars
      S. Club 7 (daughter bent my arm back)
      Spice Girls (Took my daughter to Wembley)
      Robbie Williams

That's all I can remember, would love to have seen Madonna, she is so great and I kind of grew up with her music. :happyspin:
      Also seen;
      Echo and the Bunnymen
      Boomtown Rats
      Ultravox

These were all in concert in Leicester, so Glenbuck I wouldn't have bumped into you.
      The only concert I saw in Liverpool was Queen at the Empire, I was on the front row and Freddie Mercury kept standing right above me, I didn't know where to look.... well I did.... but I didn't like to... :laugh: :laugh:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #55: Jun 15, 2007 02:59:17 pm
      Mine too:

Michael Jackson ( Amazing concert)
      The Temptations
      The Supremes
      David Bowie
      The Four Tops
      Labi Siffre ( wonder what happened to him?)
      Stevie Wonder
      Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music
      Kylie Minogue ( and no I didnt take anyone, I wanted to see her !!)
      Madness
      Fairground Attraction
      Jnr Walker & the all stars

Cant think of anymore off the top of my head, but one I would loved to have seen but never got the opportunity was Queen. 

RedKenny, did you enjoy Groove Armada last night and were you shakin' your ass ?      ;) ;D ;D ;D
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2007 03:01:51 pm by smigger15 »
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #56: Jun 15, 2007 03:08:08 pm
      MsGerrard and Smigger i cant believe that neither of you saw the Osmonds or went to see the Bay city Rollers with your half mast kecks platform shoes and tartan scarves on your wrists, i know i did didn't.  ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #57: Jun 15, 2007 03:19:05 pm
      MsGerrard and Smigger I cant believe that neither of you saw the Osmonds or went to see the Bay city Rollers with your half mast kecks platform shoes and tartan scarves on your wrists, I know I did didn't.  ;D

I was a mad Bay City Rollers fan with my tartan trousers and scarf, and best of all my Woody jumper that my Mum knitted for me, what a sight I must have looked!!!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #58: Jun 15, 2007 03:37:17 pm
      I was a mad Bay City Rollers fan with my tartan trousers and scarf, and best of all my Woody jumper that my Mum knitted for me, what a sight I must have looked!!!

The worrying thing is i had a haircut like the lad at the front. But i now have a haircut like Moby!

Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #59: Jun 15, 2007 04:01:25 pm
      My Roll of honour-

Gun 'n' Roses x 2
      The Cult
      Mega death
      AC/DC x2
      Faith no more
      Blind Melon
      Soul Asylum
      Soun Garden
      Madness x 2
      Carter the unstoppable sex machine!
      Queens of the stoneage
      Fun loving criminals
      Space
      Blue tones
      Paul McCartney
      The Offspring
      Top Loader x 2
      ABC
      Robbie x 2 (with the misses!!!!)
      The Red Hot Chilli pepers
      James Brown
      The Farm
      Ocean Colour Scene

And Im off to see the Who next week in Knowsley!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #60: Jun 15, 2007 05:57:25 pm
      RedKenny, did you enjoy Groove Armada last night and were you shakin' your ass ?      ;) ;D ;D ;D

Ahh it was great Smigger, thanks! It was actually last month, but believe me, I was shakin' more than my ass!! Still paying for it now... ;) ;D ;D ;D

Glenbuck, Smigger and Crazy Horse. Seen some proper good people live yous have! I'm jealous! ;D
      Although I have seen Duran Duran live a few years ago in manc. That was brilliant.
      gerrardisgod
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #61: Jun 16, 2007 12:26:46 am
      all the bands ive seen are....

sum 41 x2
      Sugarcult x2
      Biffy Clyro
      Bowling For Soup
      Never Heard Of It
      Farse
      Greenday
      New Found Glory
      Electric 6 (iwas made to go by my girlfriend at the time but i hate them)
      The Offspring
      Lamb Of God x2
      The Agony Scene
      Devil Driver x2
      Bullet For My Valentine
      x2
      Aiden x3
      Hawthorne Heights
      Still Remains
      Trivium x2
      Mendeed
      God Forbid x2
      Less Than Jake
      Panic! At The Disco
      HIM
      Fightstar x4
      Funeral For A Friend
      Lost Prophets x2
      The Blackout x4
      Kids In Glass Houses
      Muse
      My Chemical Romance x3
      The Hedrons
      Bayside
      The Audition x3
      The Sleeping
      Billy Talent
      Brigade
      Reuben x2
      McFly
      Lacuna Coil
      Cry For Silence
      Underoath
      Tenacious D
      Fall Out Boy
      Bleeding Through
      I Killed The Prom Queen x2
      Bring Me The Horizon x3
      Cute Is What We Aim For
      The Pink Spiders x2
      Metallica
      From First To Last
      Avenged Sevenfold
      Arch Enemy
      Bloodsimple
      Korn
      Fshbone
      Atreyu
      Stone Sour
      Satyricon
      As I Lay Dying
      Kitty Hudson
      Beat Union
      Good Charlotte
      The Defiled
      The 69 Eyes
      Chimaira
      Machine Head
      Priestess
      Megadeth

thats including the support acts
      the most recent gigs ive been to are machine head last thursday(7th june)at glasgow carling academy and I saw megadeth on tuesday there.
      gigs ive got coming up are T In The Park on the saturday 7th july,sikth and architects on the 14th july,foo fighters on the 21st of august and the red hot chili peppers on the 23rd august
      « Last Edit: Jun 16, 2007 12:29:19 am by gerrardisgod »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #62: Jun 16, 2007 10:09:04 am
      Cooool :D

I've seen SUM41! Boyzone 3 times, A1 twice I think, Blue (:-*), Atomic Kitten, P!nk - now she is brilliant! I went to that Tsunami Relief Concert in the Mil Stad, saw some brill acts there that I wouldn't normally have seen live.. Kelly Jones, Charlotte Church, Feeder, Keane, ummm soo many more!

My concerts for this summer are: Rod Stewart, July 7th. Hahaha ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #63: Jul 22, 2008 09:12:33 pm
      Booked my ticket for Nickelback at Wembley Arena yesterday and my ticket for Paul Weller at Osborne House tonight (are some benefits from living on the isle of wight :D)

I had quite a bit of dosh in my bank 36 hours ago but now its going down rapidly, tommorrow I will probably go and order something to clear my account out completely :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #64: Jul 22, 2008 09:18:18 pm
      gerrardisgod have you been to enough concerts :D :D

i have only been to 2 concerts before and they were Alice Cooper and Iron maiden with my dad so im lookin forward to going to Nickelback with someone different (sister and my girlfriend) and seeing Paul Weller with my best mate
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #65: Jul 22, 2008 09:34:44 pm
      Mine's pretty large too! :D

Motorhead
      Angels and Airwaves
      Juliet and The Licks
      Queens of The Stone Age
      Foo Fighters (5 times)
      The Killers (2 times)
      Stereophonics (2 times, in one week)
      Red Hot Chili Peppers
      Damien Rice
      The Enemy (2 times)
      Arctic Monkeys
      The Coral
      Amy Winehouse (she was a support act, and she was definitley as sh*te as you might think)
      Radiohead (2 times)
      Supergrass (2 times)
      Lostprophets
      Taking Back Sunday
      My Chemical Romance
      Biffy Clyro
      Muse
      Jet
      The Fray
      The Hoosiers (2 times)
      Pink (she was at a festival, but was actually very good. Must agree with Nicola :D)
      Snow Patrol
      James
      The Fratellis
      Kasabian
      The Editors
      Goo Goo Dolls
      Razorlight
      The Wombats
      KT Tunstall (festival, but again very good)

I'm sure there's more but they must have slipped me mind! :D

I've booked Kings Of Leon for December, got the Wombats in the ECHO Arena and I've got me beadies out for some more soon! :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #66: Jul 22, 2008 09:46:48 pm
      oh yeah, and motorhead but they were the warm up band for iron maiden
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA