Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Don't let the government take away our freedom!!

Read 1829 times
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Don't let the government take away our freedom!!
      Feb 12, 2007 10:08:28 pm
      you may have seen on the TV about The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you Having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working mother who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and pass this on to as many people as possible. although a million people have already signed this petition please sign up.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition

:action-smiley-055: Tony go Tax someone else
      « Last Edit: Feb 13, 2007 12:46:56 am by JD »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: Don't let the bas**rds take our freedom !!!!!!
      Reply #1: Feb 13, 2007 12:03:28 am
      I've signed it, twice :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Feb 13, 2007 12:15:45 am

Snap!

I watched that BBC thing and was furious at another idea to fill some rich MP's pockets! It's just a ploy to make money for the government. It'll never work.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #3: Feb 13, 2007 12:46:09 am
      you may have seen on the TV about The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you Having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working mother who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and pass this on to as many people as possible. although a million people have already signed this petition please sign up.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition

:action-smiley-055: Tony go Tax someone else

Signed and sealed.  I use my car as part of my job (occassionally). I would be expecting my work to pay for such a thing (ironically the government indirectly!).

However on the point of 'the government will know where you are at all times'. Do you not think they do already?

I assume you have a mobile phone.

Either on a) a contract (you had to supply name and address etc) or
      b) pay as you go (you had to supply name and address etc).

Scary.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: Don't let the government take away our freedom!!
      Reply #4: Feb 13, 2007 07:20:16 am
      Signed
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Re: Don't let the government take away our freedom!!
      Reply #5: Feb 13, 2007 07:51:14 pm
      iv signed

Quick Reply