Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Kickboxing, muay thai, martial arts.

Read 8147 times
      sintralfc
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal
      • Started Topic

• 103 posts |
      Kickboxing, muay thai, martial arts.
      Jun 16, 2009 09:44:22 pm
      I am really into kickboxing and muay thai and train at it 2 - 3 times per week.

Anyone else interested in kickboxing, martial arts etc?
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Re: Kickboxing, muay thai, martial arts.
      Reply #1: Jun 16, 2009 11:10:33 pm
      Yeah, i did Taekwondo for 6 years. Good fun.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #2: Jun 16, 2009 11:21:32 pm
      Yep sure am I have been a blackbelt 1st Dan in shotokan karate for a number of years.I even did a stint at Skelmersdale Leisure centre as an instructor.At my best in my home town Wrexham I was training 4 nights a week but I must admit I'm in awe of the stamina of kickboxers, so you must be one fit dude,respect.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Jun 17, 2009 12:25:04 am
      I did Ju-Jitsu for a few months, wasn't for me though.
      sintralfc
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal
      • Started Topic

• 103 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 17, 2009 04:15:20 pm
      Yep sure am I have been a blackbelt 1st Dan in shotokan karate for a number of years.I even did a stint at Skelmersdale Leisure centre as an instructor.At my best in my home town Wrexham I was training 4 nights a week but I must admit I'm in awe of the stamina of kickboxers, so you must be one fit dude,respect.

utmost respect to you sir, anyone that makes it to black belt level deserves it.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #5: Jun 17, 2009 07:42:59 pm
      I watch UFC, does that count?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #6: Jun 17, 2009 09:33:45 pm

utmost respect to you sir, anyone that makes it to black belt level deserves it.
      Thanks mate I appreciate that.Whilst my martial art is technical and controlled, the stamina demonstrated in either kickboxing or even normal Queensberry rules boxing is to be admired.
      sintralfc
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal
      • Started Topic

• 103 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 20, 2009 08:45:20 pm
      Thanks mate I appreciate that.Whilst my martial art is technical and controlled, the stamina demonstrated in either kickboxing or even normal Queensberry rules boxing is to be admired.

You are so right it takes a hell of a lot of stamina and endurance and a lot of training even to last out a hard sparring session.

Just takes dedication, will power and and a good coach.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #8: Jun 20, 2009 11:45:12 pm
      You are so right it takes a hell of a lot of stamina and endurance and a lot of training even to last out a hard sparring session.

Just takes dedication, will power and and a good coach.
      Your'e so informed, you involved in contact sport?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Jun 24, 2009 10:18:10 pm
      I done Kickboxing for three years in my teens but had to pack it in when I done my hip in. Used to love it and have always thought about going back one day. The training is definitely the best training I've ever done. Very tough though.
      5starred
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #10: Jun 25, 2009 11:27:51 pm
      my kid has just got in the welsh team and is going to the world kickboxing championship in dublin in october i used to box to keep fit and watch ufc for the last 6 years and my boy started watching it with me he likes the iceman chuck liddel and he is a kickboxer so he wanted to do
      sintralfc
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal
      • Started Topic

• 103 posts |
      Reply #11: Jun 27, 2009 07:49:55 pm
      my kid has just got in the welsh team and is going to the world kickboxing championship in dublin in october I used to box to keep fit and watch ufc for the last 6 years and my boy started watching it with me he likes the iceman chuck liddel and he is a kickboxer so he wanted to do

Congrats on your kid reaching the national team it's a hell of an achievement. i have 4 kids who do the kickboxing and they love it, it also teaches them discipline, respect and self defence. I also hope to be at the event in Dublin in but i thought it was from the 1st - 5th November will have to check it out and get tickets etc.
      sintralfc
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal
      • Started Topic

• 103 posts |
      Reply #12: Jun 27, 2009 07:52:17 pm
      I done Kickboxing for three years in my teens but had to pack it in when I done my hip in. Used to love it and have always thought about going back one day. The training is definitely the best training I've ever done. Very tough though.

Definitely try to get back into training it'll be the best move you make. it is very tough but it's worth the effort.
      5starred
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 29, 2009 12:53:47 pm
      its is but we got to book in on the friday or saturday which is the 30th or 31st of oct prelims on the monday/tuesday and gold medal fights on wednesday/thursday link is post for the championship http://www.worldkickboxingcouncil.com/
      sintralfc
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal
      • Started Topic

• 103 posts |
      Reply #14: Jul 02, 2009 01:21:20 pm
      its is but we got to book in on the friday or saturday which is the 30th or 31st of oct prelims on the monday/tuesday and gold medal fights on wednesday/thursday link is post for the championship http://www.worldkickboxingcouncil.com/

Thanks for the link, will check it out.
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2009 03:54:05 pm by Venison 86 »
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #15: Jul 02, 2009 05:36:39 pm
      My Mrs is a 3rd Dan Karate and yes I do as I am told. ;)
      sintralfc
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal
      • Started Topic

• 103 posts |
      Reply #16: Jul 02, 2009 09:32:58 pm
      My Mrs is a 3rd Dan Karate and yes I do as I am told. ;)

I don't blame you mate, I try to stay away from women that can fight. I have had a couple of sparring sessions against females and they can give as good as the blokes.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #17: Jul 05, 2009 06:51:53 pm
      Does my oldest getting his first judo medal count? ;)

johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #18: Jul 05, 2009 07:29:04 pm
      Both my nephews trained for many years at Shotokan karate I think all martial arts develop great self discipline.
      sintralfc
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal
      • Started Topic

• 103 posts |
      Reply #19: Jul 05, 2009 08:43:22 pm
      Both my nephews trained for many years at Shotokan karate I think all martial arts develop great self discipline.

They certainly do develop self discipline which is great for the kids especially. Martial arts are also great for character building and self confidence.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #20: Sep 10, 2010 07:32:07 pm
      my kid has just got in the welsh team and is going to the world kickboxing championship in dublin in october I used to box to keep fit and watch ufc for the last 6 years and my boy started watching it with me he likes the iceman chuck liddel and he is a kickboxer so he wanted to do

Never really watched UFC, but I am a purple belt, 5th kyu, in shotokan karate and every fortnight we do 'Pit' training - Chuck Liddell's training regimen, it is great for strength and stamina.  We also do escrima (Filipino stick fighting) every fortnight as well, really cool :)

As well as being great exercise, karate is great for kids' discipline - seeing the way some hyperactive kids come in and are much more focused after a month or two is amazing.   It is also great for self-esteem and general motor skills.  I would certainly recommend all parents take their kids to karate.

Quick Reply