Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Liverpool Crest

Read 11935 times
      arkles lad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,986 posts |
      Re: Liverpool Crest
      Reply #23: Jun 17, 2009 09:45:12 pm
      Didn't the flames and come out when it was the centenary?
      red79
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #24: Jun 17, 2009 10:09:06 pm
      Bang out of order that the scum, robbed our original design
      MsGerrard
      Reply #25: Jun 17, 2009 10:20:05 pm
      Ive got a plate from the F.Acup final 1974 with that crest on it, I actually saw one in the Museum once so I presume it must be a collectors item. Thinking about that ill have to dig it out, one of our familys got it for me, or they better still have! ;)

I also have that plate, it takes pride of place amongst my other Liverpool souvenirs.

« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2009 10:33:45 pm by redkenny, Reason: Just added the image instead »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #26: Jun 17, 2009 10:28:02 pm
      Ive got a plate from the F.Acup final 1974 with that crest on it, i actually saw one in the Museum once so i presume it must be a collectors item. Thinking about that ill have to dig it out, one of our familys got it for me, or they better still have! ;)

Wasn't it also on the old Main Stand, that was eventually pulled down and made way for the Main Stand we have now.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #27: Jun 17, 2009 10:35:06 pm
      Was looking for an old picture but couldn't find one appropriate, and thought you'd like to have a wee butcher's...taken between 1903 and 1906...says underneath:

'A photo of Anfield that dates from 1903-6 as the Anfield road enclosure was built in 1903
      and the new main stand and terraced Kop from 1906 remain unbuilt.'

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #28: Jun 17, 2009 10:50:26 pm
      Wasn't it also on the old Main Stand, that was eventually pulled down and made way for the Main Stand we have now.

Didn't that just say Liverpool Football Club on it? I might be wrong like.

I've got an old silver plate from from the late 70's which celebrates the two European Cups we won back to back and it has that crest in each four corners. Will have to take a pic an post it up. Paisley had one of them in his office.

Was looking for an old picture but couldn't find one appropriate, and thought you'd like to have a wee butcher's...taken between 1903 and 1906...says underneath:

'A photo of Anfield that dates from 1903-6 as the Anfield road enclosure was built in 1903
      and the new main stand and terraced Kop from 1906 remain unbuilt.'

Good finding Gow. There's a thread which that image should go in, somewhere. Think it's called 'Old Anfield'.

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #29: Jun 17, 2009 10:56:30 pm
      Done ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #30: Jun 17, 2009 11:18:54 pm
      Didn't that just say Liverpool Football Club on it? I might be wrong like.

Yes it does Kenny, there's a picture of it in that book 'The Real Bill Shankly' on page 132.

I've been having a root, I've found 3 things with that crest on, the same as on the Liverpool plate, an old sew on badge, a small pennant and a Liverpool waving hand that you put in your car window  :laugh:
      3-star-wool
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts | -11 
      Reply #31: Jun 17, 2009 11:24:19 pm
      "...and a Liverpool waving hand that you put in your car window"...

as opposed to a Kirkby smashing hand going through your car window?

KFC! KFC! KFC!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32: Jun 18, 2009 09:32:31 am
      Yes it does Kenny, there's a picture of it in that book 'The Real Bill Shankly' on page 132.

I've been having a root, I've found 3 things with that crest on, the same as on the Liverpool plate, an old sew on badge, a small pennant and a Liverpool waving hand that you put in your car window  :laugh:

We love ya MsG but we don't need to know what you've been doing in your spare time  ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #33: Jun 18, 2009 10:42:30 am
      I also have that plate, it takes pride of place amongst my other Liverpool souvenirs.

What are the odds you taking that picture 2 days before we started talking about this logo?

;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #34: Jun 18, 2009 11:18:37 am

We love ya MsG but we don't need to know what you've been doing in your spare time  ;)

:lmao: Well now you know Aussie  ;D

Oh JD, I didn't take that piccy, I took it off e-bay, someone is sellling that plate and I just put it on here for people to see the crest.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #35: Jun 18, 2009 12:23:37 pm
      If this design was really used, who takes credit for using it first? We or the scums? Who followed who?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #36: Jun 18, 2009 04:09:34 pm
      If this design was really used, who takes credit for using it first? We or the scums? Who followed who?

I am 100% confident it was never used by Liverpool Football Club and is a manufactures / printers design. The plate was to celebrate 1974 FA Cup win, a time when I was alive and kicking, and never saw it on any Kit, Newspaper, Pink Echo, Match of the Day, or The Big Match.

Quick Reply