Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid)

Read 33769 times
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Re: Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid)
      Reply #207: Jul 26, 2009 06:24:37 pm
      Can not see him staying now but with Johnson arriving it was only going to be a matter of time before he left anyway.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,933 posts | 827 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #208: Jul 26, 2009 08:00:00 pm
      Why just because we have a new right back does it automaticlly mean old one has to leave. we need depth in our squad and having degen as cover for johnson wont do it. we need to be more like chelski and utd they have depth thats why when one player is injured they have a just as good stand in. If we keep arby i think it will be a step foward.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #209: Jul 26, 2009 08:03:19 pm
      It will be a step forward and I'm sure every one on this forum will agree with you, but do we lose the player for nothing or cash in now ? Its a dilemma for Rafa no doubt but if he has to let Arbeloa leave Rafa must surely either think he has adequate cover in Degen (not convinced) or Darby (same again) or he will have some one else in his sights.

Edit: Kuyt started out as a right back you know  :f_tongueincheek:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,933 posts | 827 
      Reply #210: Jul 26, 2009 08:07:27 pm
      Nope i didnt know that. Degen today was dreadfull. he went in for a tackle today miss kicked the ball completely and then elbowed the opponent in the face if arby does go i hope we can just spend about 3-5 mill on a back up just to boost the squad. Sorry for spelling mistakes in a rush playing pes :D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #211: Jul 26, 2009 08:28:45 pm
      Just found this on caughtoffside.com, not sure how good that is as a source but it's taken from the Daily Mirror anyway.

Liverpool set to seal 4.5m deal

ALVARO ARBELOA is expected to join Real Madrid next week.

The Liverpool defender will make a £4.5million switch to the Bernabeu.

But Kop team-mate - and fellow Spanish international - Xabi Alonso looks to have missed out on the chance of a move to Madrid.

Arbeloa, 26, was signed from Deportivo La Coruna for £2.6m two years ago.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez originally wanted £8.5m for the full-back, who made 43 appearances last season.

Real responded with a bid of £2.5m but now the clubs appear to have reached a compromise figure of £4.5m.

Arbeloa’s agent Manuel Garcia Quilon said: “Discussions with Real are not over and I expect a solution early next week.”

The Source: (Daily Mirror)

The Analysis

Rafa could well be tempted to block Alvaro Arbeloa’s move to Real Madrid just to spite the Spanish club for the way they have behaved during the whole Xabi Alonso’s debacle but such behaviour would probably not do Liverpool or the hard working right back any favours, however Benitez can make sure he gets a good price for the Spanish international.

The club’s £8.5m valuation seems pretty reasonable in today’s market and the La Liga giants counter offer is simply offensive. With Glen Johnson in situ the 26 year old former Bernabeu recruit has to make a move to ensure a first team spot so that he is a firm fixture in the Spanish international set-up ahead of the World Cup, but will he struggle to claim the first team starting position under Manuel Pellegrini?

The mega rich club already has veteran Michel Salgado, the adaptable Miguel Torres and have Sergio Ramos and Pepe able to fill in at right back also so it would be no means a certainty that Alvaro would be first choice and that could concern a player who for the past two seasons has been a fixture in the manager’s team sheet.

The Likelihood

Arbeloa to Real Madrid: More a question of when rather than if.

£4.5m? Jesus, we should be getting more than that!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,933 posts | 827 
      Reply #212: Jul 26, 2009 08:33:20 pm
      no we need him. 4.5 mill are you kidding me were gonna end up getting roughly the same for dossena and arby is a much better player 6-10 m should do it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #213: Jul 26, 2009 08:33:55 pm
      Should be, maybe there is a gentleman's agreement in there some where you know, Back off in your pursuit of Alonso and we will compromise on Arbeloa's price kind of shenanigans.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,933 posts | 827 
      Reply #214: Jul 26, 2009 08:35:43 pm
      in  that case have him for 3mill ;D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #215: Jul 26, 2009 08:36:58 pm
      Or maybe they should just back off Alonso anyway and pay more for Arbeloa!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,933 posts | 827 
      Reply #216: Jul 26, 2009 08:37:51 pm
      come on its real madrid i doubt that will happen.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #217: Jul 26, 2009 08:39:13 pm
      I'd give them the f**ker if they ended all interest in Alonso for ever.

Here have him for free I'll even Gift Wrap him in a Madrid strip for you and drive him to Madrid personally free of charge.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,933 posts | 827 
      Reply #218: Jul 26, 2009 08:42:09 pm
      ;D iwould want some money 2mill would do it if they did end intrest in alonso
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #219: Jul 26, 2009 08:42:13 pm
      I'd give them the f**ker if they ended all interest in Alonso for ever.

Here have him for free I'll even Gift Wrap him in a Madrid strip for you and drive him to Madrid personally free of charge.

Give Arbeloa away for free? No way! That would just mean that we've given in to Madrid.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #220: Jul 26, 2009 08:45:16 pm
      They would only get him for free next year, which they threatened to do if we would not bow to their demands to sell Alonso for 24 million, bet Rafa and Sammy Lee were laughing their arses off and rubbing their hands together.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #221: Jul 28, 2009 11:17:03 am
      Liverpool full-back Alvaro Arbeloa claims he is close to finalising his anticipated move to Real Madrid.

Arbeloa has been linked with a move to Real throughout the summer with his chances at Liverpool likely to be more limited this season following the signing of Glen Johnson.

Real, who are also chasing Arbeloa's team-mate Xabi Alonso, are keen to increase the number of Spaniards in their squad following the big-money arrivals of Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema.

A £4.5million fee for Arbeloa has been mooted and the Spain international believes talks over a move to Real are making positive progress.

"At present I am only focused on Liverpool, but it is true that (the deal) is nearly completed," Arbeloa told Marca.

"As I understand, it seems everything is going well and there is little left to resolve.

"It could all be sorted out this week."

Arbeloa has made almost 100 appearances for Liverpool since joining the Premier League club from Deportivo La Coruna in January 2007.

He signed for Deportivo from Real, having failed to make an impact in his first spell at the Bernabeu after playing in the youth team for current Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5457187,00.html

Ok Perez we only giving you 1 player and thats it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #222: Jul 28, 2009 11:51:19 am
      Liverpool full-back Alvaro Arbeloa claims he is close to finalising his anticipated move to Real Madrid.

Arbeloa has been linked with a move to Real throughout the summer with his chances at Liverpool likely to be more limited this season following the signing of Glen Johnson.

Real, who are also chasing Arbeloa's team-mate Xabi Alonso, are keen to increase the number of Spaniards in their squad following the big-money arrivals of Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema.

A £4.5million fee for Arbeloa has been mooted and the Spain international believes talks over a move to Real are making positive progress.

"At present I am only focused on Liverpool, but it is true that (the deal) is nearly completed," Arbeloa told Marca.

"As I understand, it seems everything is going well and there is little left to resolve.

"It could all be sorted out this week."

Arbeloa has made almost 100 appearances for Liverpool since joining the Premier League club from Deportivo La Coruna in January 2007.

He signed for Deportivo from Real, having failed to make an impact in his first spell at the Bernabeu after playing in the youth team for current Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5457187,00.html

Ok Perez we only giving you 1 player and thats it

Exchanging Arbo for Glen is all good in my opinion, plus we have a few youngsters as backup anyway. Can anyone see Arbo getting many games for RM though?
      HarryFloyd
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      Reply #223: Jul 28, 2009 11:54:39 am
      Exchanging Arbo for Glen is all good in my opinion, plus we have a few youngsters as backup anyway. Can anyone see Arbo getting many games for RM though?

Arby can play at LB and CB when required. he would have been a wonderful squad player...disappointing to see him leave.. we need a solid cover for all our positions.. Draby is just not upto it as a RB and Degen is worse than sh*te...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #224: Jul 28, 2009 11:57:56 am
      See ya Arby and good luck as a Galactico at least you have been honest and up-front about where you want to play football you deserve respect for that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #225: Jul 28, 2009 12:11:23 pm
      See ya Arby and good luck as a Galactico at least you have been honest and up-front about where you want to play football you deserve respect for that.
      that's a fair point, he has been far more honest and handled himself with more integrity than Xabi and Mascha. I have no problem with Arby leaving.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #226: Jul 28, 2009 12:13:07 pm
      Arby can play at LB and CB when required. he would have been a wonderful squad player...disappointing to see him leave.. we need a solid cover for all our positions.. Draby is just not upto it as a RB and Degen is worse than sh*te...
      Yes he is versatile but I wouldn't write off Darby, he's looked good the few times i have seen him, actually Degan hasn't looked too bad the very very few times I have seen him, hopefully he can now stay fit, he was in the Swiss national team wasn't he so can't be completely sh1te.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #227: Jul 28, 2009 12:13:45 pm
      I think it's more of a case that we have no problem with Arby leaving because we can easily replace him so it's not a worry.

Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #228: Jul 28, 2009 12:25:50 pm
      Good move for arby hardly put a foot wrong in his time here , I hope he is not remembred for the bust up with carra in the west brom game at the end of last season, we have doubled our money to , so a good deal for both clubs. Good luck Alvaro lad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #229: Jul 28, 2009 12:26:23 pm
      I think it's more of a case that we have no problem with Arby leaving because we can easily replace him so it's not a worry.

Would have been nice to keep him as cover though but i genuinely think that Darby and Degan can offer adequate cover.

Quick Reply