Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid)

Read 33472 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid)
      Reply #23: Jun 18, 2009 08:59:22 am
      His contract runs out next summer.

He is stalling over signing a new one.

We've had to go out and buy a replacement.

Definitely going.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #24: Jun 18, 2009 09:47:49 am
      His contract runs out next summer.

He is stalling over signing a new one.

We've had to go out and buy a replacement.

Definitely going.
      I just heard on SSN that Real dont agree with 10m valuation, saying hes 'unspectacular'. Bunch of cu*ts. ;D
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #25: Jun 18, 2009 09:54:34 am
      The Glen Johnson deal is ot yet finalised and there have been situations where bigs clubs are in premature signigns but them don't end up signing them ..I hope that happens with Glen Johnson ....I why did we F***ing WASTE 17 F***ing MILLOIN on him ( sorry for my language) when we coud've use thta moeny for more useful signings . Keep Arby he's much better at defending than Johnson .
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #26: Jun 18, 2009 12:07:42 pm
      The only choice the club has got is get the best price for Arbeloa the indications are that he sees his future elsewhere for one reason or the other.

If this is true, I was just wondering what he thinks he future will be, had we won the league title last year. Would he have said "How can I leave after a season like this."?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #27: Jun 18, 2009 12:28:27 pm
      I just heard on SSN that Real dont agree with 10m valuation, saying hes 'unspectacular'. Bunch of cu*ts. ;D

For once they are kind of right though ha.

I agree with what's been said, it looks like he's on his way, and if his contract expires next summer then we need to sell him now really.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #28: Jun 18, 2009 12:43:32 pm
      10m more towards Silva. Wish Alvaro good luck then. He will play behind gay boy Ronaldo now, and look at his ass all day.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid)
      Reply #29: Jun 24, 2009 07:38:24 pm
      Arbeloa admits Real interest

Defender not sure of Liverpool stay

Alvaro Arbeloa has admitted that he is flattered to have been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

The Spaniard faces competition for a place in the Liverpool side following Glen Johnson's arrival at Anfield.

Real Madrid expressed an interest in Arbeloa earlier this week, along with his compatriot and Reds team-mate Xabi Alonso.

Arbeloa welcomes the transfer talk and concedes that it is not certain he will be plying his trade with Liverpool next season.

"I am especially proud of what the club is doing," said the Spain defender, who is in South Africa for the Confederations Cup.

"It is a big project with the return of Florentino (Perez) - and obviously if Madrid is fixed on you it makes you proud."

Arbeloa added in Marca: "I would be lying if I said I was sure to start the season with Liverpool.

"I'll be able to think about all this by next Monday."

Skysports

Thought I'd start a new thread as the other one was linked with Benayoun, and a different club.

I think this one will probably happen, I just wonder how much for.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #30: Jun 24, 2009 08:06:51 pm
      Rafael Benitez seeks to recoup cash from Glen Johnson by selling Alvaro Arbeloa to Real Madrid
      LIVERPOOL will seek to instantly recoup £5m of their £17m Glen Johnson outlay, by selling Alvaro Arbeloa to Real Madrid.

But Rafael Benitez will continue to fight off further Spanish advances for his midfield duo Javier Mascherano and Xabi Alonso.

After admitting yesterday that he “would have to consider” any good offer for Arbeloa, Real Madrid made a five million Euros bid – £4.2m at current exchange rates.

Benitez is holding out for £5m pounds, and with Arbeloa's agent, Manuel Garcia Quilon, at the Bernaneu yesterday to facilitate the move, a deal looks imminent.

Real Madrid director, Jorge Valdano, said: “The lad (Arbeloa) only has a year left on his contract with Liverpool, and this gives us more possibilities.

“He can play in two or three positions, and this versatility is good. He is another option to evaluate.”

Arbeloa started 43 matches for the Reds last season, but is most under threat from Johnson's imminent arrival.

Liverpool Echo Link

In the Echo as well with some of the price that's already been mentioned. I didn't post the full article though because it's Prentice banging on about speculation on Mascherano and adding his own bit of sh*t stirring.

Think we all know Arbeloa is well on his way eh.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #31: Jun 24, 2009 08:33:09 pm
      Shame he is on the last year of his contract, going to hurt his transfer price. As soon as we won the Johnson race the writing was on the wall that Arboloa's days at the club were gone.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #32: Jun 24, 2009 09:38:55 pm
      Don't see why he would want to go to Madrid and be second string to Ramos.

Then again I suppose if he stayed here he would be second to Johnson.

His decision though, and it doesn't seem unlikely at all. We may aswell sell him now though and get money for him, rather than releasing him as a free agent next summer.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #33: Jun 24, 2009 09:44:54 pm
      5mil is a joke for a player of his quality if madrid have only offered that Rafa should tell them to do one.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #34: Jun 24, 2009 09:46:44 pm

I heard in a different thread that Ramos will most likely be moving to centre half which frees up the right back slot.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #35: Jun 24, 2009 10:02:37 pm
      Grab the 8 million. Or we will lose him for zero next year. No way hes staying
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #36: Jun 24, 2009 11:35:12 pm

Then again I suppose if he stayed here he would be second to Johnson.

His decision though, and it doesn't seem unlikely at all. We may aswell sell him now though and get money for him, rather than releasing him as a free agent next summer.

After today's sh*t showing by Ramos id guess Arby would be a good shot to fight him for the spot anyways. If he goes i say good luck to him, always liked him here but i can understand him looking to go now we have Johnson.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #37: Jun 25, 2009 03:16:33 am
      Hmm looks like Arby could be on his way out. I would love him to stay and fight for his place with Johnson. IMO he is a better player then Ramos and would easily fit into the right back slot at Madrid.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38: Jun 25, 2009 03:25:28 am
      5 million is a F***ing joke...why is that are players are always sold on the cheap but when we want to buy anyone, every F***ing other club adds on an extra 10 million?  :f_steam:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #39: Jun 25, 2009 03:30:50 am
      5 million is a f**king joke...why is that are players are always sold on the cheap but when we want to buy anyone, every f**king other club adds on an extra 10 million?  :f_steam:

Agreed, i mean theres no way Glen Johnson is worth 12million more than Arby. I can't beleive that. Problem is im sure if we demand 10mil teams will turn there backs and we'll get nothing, so the clubs just taking the easy way out and selling cheap  :mad:

Johnson better have a f***ing perfect season!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #40: Jun 25, 2009 06:42:22 am
      Grab the 8 million. Or we will lose him for zero next year. No way hes staying

For the moment they're offering €5 million, or £4.2 million. :(

I wasn't hoping for the £8-10 million I'd heard a while back, but with the price we paid for Dossena and Johnson this is a joke.

Problem is, last year of his contract and all, they know we don't have much room to negotiate.

It'll be a shame to get ripped off by the biggest spending club in the world who broke two transfer records in the same summer though. ::)
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #41: Jun 25, 2009 06:54:22 am
      Ramos is a player who can play at centre back as well. Now that Cannavaro's back at Juventus I reckon Ramos will be played at centre back next season, with Arbeloa fitting on the right. I can pretty much see why he wants to go to the Real side he's going to have more chances of starting than with Johnson in the team.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #42: Jun 25, 2009 07:02:54 am
      It's a shame we'll have to sell for peanuts. He's in his last year of contract, so it's either peanuts or nothing.

I'd like him to stay, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #43: Jun 25, 2009 07:04:54 am
      It's a shame we'll have to sell for peanuts. He's in his last year of contract, so it's either peanuts or nothing.

I'd still try to hold out for chocolate coated peanuts. We're not that desperate yet.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #44: Jun 25, 2009 07:10:23 am
      I'd still try to hold out for chocolate coated peanuts. We're not that desperate yet.

Im quite partial to some sugar coated ones myself :P Ill refuse to take plain ones, especially just 5 million of em
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #45: Jun 25, 2009 09:47:40 am
      Arbeloa admits Real interest

Alvaro Arbeloa is flattered to have been linked with a move to Real Madrid - and says he would be "lying" if he said he would definitely be a Liverpool player next season.

The Spaniard faces competition for a place in Rafael Benitez's side following Glen Johnson's recent arrival at Anfield.

Real Madrid expressed an interest in Arbeloa earlier this week, and are also keen to sign his compatriot and Reds team-mate Xabi Alonso.

Arbeloa said: "It fills me with pride that Real Madrid would look at me. I'm flattered - it's a great project with the return of Florentino (Perez)."

He added in Marca: "I would be lying if I said I was sure to start the season with Liverpool."

http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5399908,00.html

Sounds to me like he's off.

Quick Reply