Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid)

Read 33639 times
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Re: Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid)
      Reply #46: Jun 25, 2009 09:52:33 am
      Shame. Gonna miss him and his jumping all over Torres when he scores (I mean who wont do that ? even if Torres doesn't score ) But its his future ... he's not gonna get much playing opportunity in Real Madrid that's for sure .  But its his decision and he wants to be part of the  so called 'Galactico era no. 2' . But unlucky or him because the only era that gonna come is the Liverpool trophy era of the 80's .
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #47: Jun 25, 2009 11:26:06 am
      I think he's going to leave. I think we should hold out for at least about 3m more than what they're offering now. The reason they're offering so little is because they know that he only has one year on his contract and they don't necessarily need Arby in there team. I don't think we're in a position to negotiate.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #48: Jun 25, 2009 11:27:13 am
      im gonna miss him i really thought he was made from the stuff liverpool was about and do think hell still get his chances next year. For 4.2mil does anyone else think we should just see how he feels in 12months with a prem winners medal in his pocket (granted 8 - 10 and wed need to consider it). And is anyone else fed up of real madrid nicking our best players for nowt im still reeling from owen for 8mil+nunez and ask for mcmanaman what a cnut
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #49: Jun 25, 2009 11:45:14 am
      I'm sorry but did I read 5mill!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #50: Jun 25, 2009 12:11:04 pm

I did in the Liverpool Echo last night.

I wish they'd make their mind up, £8 million or £5 million!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #51: Jun 25, 2009 12:11:49 pm
      I did in the Liverpool Echo last night.

I wish they'd make their mind up, £8 million or £5 million!

Maybe we should settle for the £10 million I read this morning then. ::)
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #52: Jun 25, 2009 12:16:11 pm
      Real have apparently signed Raul Albiol.

Will they still want Arby?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #53: Jun 25, 2009 01:16:54 pm
      Arbeloa tempted by Real Madrid's "great project"
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=657146&sec=transfers&cc=4716

Liverpool defender Alvaro Arbeloa is keen on joining Real Madrid's "great project" in the wake of Glen Johnson's arrival at Anfield.

The Spain international has spoken of his "pride" at being linked with Madrid with the Daily Mirror reporting Rafa Benitez is prepared to sell the right-back for £10 million.

The arrival of Johnson from Portsmouth will limit Arbeloa's first-team opportunities at Anfield, and the 26-year-old said: "It would be a lie to say I will definitely play at Liverpool next season.

"But at the minute I have to put my personal problems aside and just concentrate on playing for Spain. From Monday I'll start to think about my future.

"I know my situation is in the air, and the only thing I know is I have one more year on my contract. But if there are any offers maybe Liverpool has to think about this because I have just one more year.

"It fills me with pride that Real Madrid would look at me. I'm flattered - it's a great project with the return of Florentino Perez."

Arbeloa's agent is understood to have travelled to Madrid to meet with Jorge Valdano, Madrid's sporting director.

Madrid are also interested in signing his Liverpool and Spain team-mate Xabi Alonso, although Rafa Benitez is keen to keep hold of the midfielder.

Don't want him to leave us cause I rate Arby alot. It would be good for him to compete with Glen Johnson for the right back spot but he has one year left on his contract and I don't want him to leave for free.

Real land Albiol but Lyon say no to Benzema sale
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=657179&sec=transfers&cc=4716

Lyon insist Karim Benzema is staying at the club after Real Madrid enquired about the striker.

A host of leading European clubs are chasing the young forward with Inter Milan and Manchester United, as well as Madrid, among the clubs reportedly considering a 40 million euro (£34million) bid.

The news came as Madrid confirmed they have reached an agreement with Valencia to sign defender Raul Albiol for a reported £12million.

Speculation has increased that the Spanish giants are set to up their efforts to bring Benzema to the Bernabeu after failing in their bid to land Valencia striker David Villa.

Lyon, and the player himself, have always claimed he will remain at the Stade Gerland at least until next summer's World Cup and the club are confident that will happen.

"The only new fact is that Real Madrid got in contact with us a few days ago to know the position of the club on the subject of Karim Benzema,'' Lyon's director of communications Olivier Blanc told Marca.

"Benzema and Lyon confirmed their initial desire of him staying here. We know that the player wants to stay a year longer at Lyon and that we want to keep him.''

Benzema came through the ranks at the French giants and burst onto the scene in the 2007-08 season with 31 goals in 51 games, a streak that saw him named Ligue 1 player of the year as well as top the league's scoring charts.

The last campaign was less impressive for both club and player, as Lyon ended the season without the Ligue 1 title for the first time in eight years, but the France forward nevertheless scored 23 goals in all competitions - an average of a goal every other game.

Albiol, who is currently on international duty with Spain at the Confederations Cup in South Africa, will undergo a medical next week and, if all goes well, will pen a five-year deal with Madrid before being presented.

Although no fee has been officially announced, media reports suggest that Madrid will pay in the region of 15million euros (£12.8million) for the centre-back.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #54: Jun 25, 2009 01:23:12 pm
      F**k off then. Im sick of our players, arbe and masch, talking of how great it is to be linked to real or barce. You play for Liverpool football club. In arbes case we made him the player he is. He was nothing at Real. Show some f**king respect to your club and realise that anywhere you go is a step down. We trounced Madrid last season ffs. And Masch your career was in limbo until we signed ye as well. So f**k off with your pride of being linked with BArce

Anybody who wants out f**k off out then. Liverpool is bigger then all of ye not big because of ye
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #55: Jun 25, 2009 01:40:57 pm
      They should be happy and feel great that they are not linked to playing for Liverpool FC.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #56: Jun 25, 2009 02:21:26 pm
      Ta ra Arby lad, thanks for the service.

Heart doesn't seem to be Anfield anymore, unfortunately. Been a very solid player for us, offered us a good replacement for Finnan but it seems the time is right for him to leave.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #57: Jun 25, 2009 02:24:22 pm
      Annoyed he's gone... But 10mill is more like it
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #58: Jun 25, 2009 02:49:40 pm
      Annoyed he's gone... But 10mill is more like it
      What has he actually signed for them ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #59: Jun 25, 2009 02:57:15 pm
      What has he actually signed for them ?

No, everyone's just getting ahead of themselves.

Can't see him leaving, especially as Madrid have just bought that Albiol.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #60: Jun 25, 2009 04:25:36 pm
      Anybody who wants out f**k off out then. Liverpool is bigger then all of ye not big because of ye

I too am getting sick of this.

This is the team that we taught a footballing lesson last season, yet people still want to go. Arby, if you want to go then for fucks sake go. Don't want half hearted players here. He was struggling for Castilla when we bought him and never once made an appearance for Real, we made him what he is. As Brian said, no man is bigger than the club.

Furious that everyone goes on about being 'flattered to be linked with Real Madrid' and their 'Great project (money)'. Realise that you are at the biggest club in the world FFS.
      yellow_cap
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #61: Jun 25, 2009 07:37:01 pm
      No, everyone's just getting ahead of themselves.

Can't see him leaving, especially as Madrid have just bought that Albiol.
      I think, that Arbeloa will be in Madrid, unfortunately. I heard, Liverpool wants 6mln euro for this transfer, at this moment Madrid give 5mln.
      Madrid needs in Arbeloa for bench strengthening. IMHO while Sergio Ramos stands on feet Arbeloa will be on the bench. Arbeloa goes on a bench :(

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #62: Jun 25, 2009 08:28:04 pm
      Why would they go after Arby when they have Ramos :-\
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #63: Jun 25, 2009 08:44:28 pm
      Why would they go after Arby when they have Ramos :-\

Did you see Ramos yesterday? I know why  ;D
      yellow_cap
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #64: Jun 25, 2009 09:16:12 pm
      Did you see Ramos yesterday? I know why  ;D

Ha-ha  ;D Yes, Ramos had awful  moment yesterday. But yesterday all defence line of Red Fury played ugly, exclude Pique maybe.
      Did you see Ramos face after that? %)
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #65: Jun 25, 2009 09:48:49 pm
      Arbeloa is twice the player Ramos will ever be. It's the Rafa factor, he has a good eye for a player, gets the players, turns them into better ones, then they want to go back home, and we can do very little when that happens, except to wish them well. Way of the world I'm afraid. The one thing Rafa can do and that's to get a good price for him, with Arbeloa on his last 12 months of his contract we are not going to get as much as he's worth. If Johnson is worth 17 mill what price for Arbeloa, don't make any sense, does it........
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #66: Jun 25, 2009 10:22:27 pm
      Ha-ha  ;D Yes, Ramos had awful  moment yesterday. But yesterday all defence line of Red Fury played ugly, exclude Pique maybe.
      Did you see Ramos face after that? %)

Yeah, i saw it and i think i know what went through his mind "sh*t, Arby is gonna take my place at Real, because i am useless"  :lmao:

I dont think we should accept any lower than 10mil, but if Johnson is worth 17 then Arby should be worth close to that.. in a perfect, fair world anyways. The fact he has only 12 months of his contract left is unfortunately going to count against us a bit.
      yellow_cap
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #67: Jun 26, 2009 05:35:43 am
      Yeah, I saw it and I think I know what went through his mind "Sh*t, Arby is gonna take my place at Real, because I am useless"  :lmao:

I dont think we should accept any lower than 10mil, but if Johnson is worth 17 then Arby should be worth close to that.. in a perfect, fair world anyways. The fact he has only 12 months of his contract left is unfortunately going to count against us a bit.

Maybe I mistake, but as I know a part in 7 mlin of those 17mln Pompy was repay a debt for Peter Crouch. Isn't it?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #68: Jun 26, 2009 06:16:11 am
      Maybe I mistake, but as I know a part in 7 mlin of those 17mln Pompy was repay a debt for Peter Crouch. Isn't it?

That doesnt matter, the fact is we are still paying 17million. If we only paid 10million for him, we would still be gettin the 7million taken off that price. That 17mil is still ours, and we are paying it to them.
      So on that, Arby should be worth more.

Quick Reply